EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
hosuke

Loremaster

OK i'm a sorcerer, and no not a warlock.

The bugs at level 80 are freaking insane, resists like never i've seen before but that isn't the worst of it, SOE WHAT IS THE FREAKING DEAL WITH MELEE DPS AT THESE LEVELS! i cast my 5 sec nuke, i've sacrificed My own protection for damage, i dont have nice chain or plate armor, i can't use a nice shiled, i can't duel wield weapons, i can't heal i cant ward my self or my group, all i do Is damage, i sacrifece alot to do this but.

While i cast my 5 sec nuke to do maybe (if it dosn't resist) 5k max damage(that is if i dont get interupted) the melee classes scouts,brawlers,inquitors are doing 1 to 2k melee auto attacks and this isn't counting combat art damage, so in the 5s it takes for me to cast 1 nuke they have done over 12k damage, If i get manna shield up(god i feel sorry for the mages with out this spell) then i i'ver get pumice stone used on me(another unfair [Removed for Content] SoE wank fest item), not that it is needed, because the damage they dish out drains me of all power in under 5 secs.

LEts not get started on inquizitors, double attacks, 100% melee crit and melee has, powerful heals plate armor, this class is god like, they cant me beaten, they are immune to stuns snares roots and interupts, they just stand there and heal while just auto attacking for 2k at a time..

Scout dps is just wrong, poisions Proc way to often, their Combat arts scale too much unlike Mage spell... you guys get these freaking overpowered weapons, what do mages get other then some [Removed for Content] spells and poor spell scaling and resists?

Brawlers do i even need to go into this? i can't be bothered..

SOE fix your [Removed for Content] game please, Give out such insane items to melee types and just ignoring mages, we cant use such items, we need spell damage and useful spell, we didnt get any we only got resists insanly mitigated damage because everyone has 60%+ resists we can't even root/stun/snare too many potions negate us, there is even a damage ward potion, pumice stones are worthless when used by us and overpowered when used on us.

Do you just hate casters? why not remove the class and let up transfer our chars to another class? 

hosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
WasFycksir

Loremaster

I really don't realize what you are complaining about.

The PVP experience change totally fixed the game, everything is perfect now.

Balance is perfect, exp per kill is perfect, equipment is perfect, all the bugs are fixed, everything is sparkles and sunshine.

WasFycksir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
Tae
Server: Venekor
Guild: Someone Gonna Die

General

Our combat art damage has barely gone up at all, just like your spell damage. What has is our auto attack. If you want to compete in PvP at the moment you should probably betray to a warlock.
Tae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
Amphibia

Loremaster

Boy do I wish I had manashield.... SMILEYI'll agree with you on one thing, though... the resist rate on spells are horrible at the moment, it really shouldn't take 5 attempts to land a spell.

Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
KannaWhoopass

Loremaster

I can sympathize with you a little ...

I agree with some of what you said , but the fact that ytou have manashield , which is  a nice thing to have, excludes you from what seems to be your major complaint.

I agree that the fighter and scout classes have been given a out of proportion boost to their DPS.

In the case of the fighter classes this is a welcome addition to what were [Removed for Content] classes in PvP , i have never feared a Guardian or Zerker or Paladin.  SK's and the Bruiser/Monk classes have high DPS , and were capable classes.

however , given the adornment system and with the new stats on the weapons/armor/Jewelery some of the DPS is out of whack.

In the hands of a high DPS class(scouts) wearing all of the +60 to base combat art damage, really starts to add up. With short cast timers having an extra 200-300 base dps on attacks is huge.

As a warden/defiler i can no longer heal thru an attack. I have started to wear the +base heal gear instead of the Overloaded heal gear to try to compensate for the DPS but it doesnt matter. I can be burned down in less than 8 seconds. Which in not enough time for the HoT portion of my heals to start to stack and push my health out of the red.  Which is how most fights would go if i saw a scout, and started to pre heal .. my health would dip into the orange and red, but with emergency heals , and non stop spam healing myself i could 70% of the time ride out the initial attacks .. if i was ready.  Now that is not an option . The fear proc + extra DPS  stiffle + stun + knockback is too much DPS too fast with no opening to recover .. as buttons are grey most of the time. The attack combos to achieve this are well documented under the "How to play my class" sections on several forums.

For many healer and caster types its too much to handle in t8. But the manashield classes do have a window of opportunity. I know the dps will be massive .. but if you can hit 2 - 3 times in that time with the guarantee crit , you can drop a scout. I know that sometimes it will just be you getting slaughtered , but my mage friends tell me its all about timing the manashield , and lucj that when you try to throw it up .. you manage to get it off.

I do pity the casters who dont have manashield. vs a scout they are fodder if they dont see the scout first .. and id say 80% dead if they do.

Mystics and Defilers are just chewed up. But trust me you are ahead of the game with manashield ..

KannaWhoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:01 AM   #6
toenukl

General

[email protected] wrote:
As a warden/defiler i can no longer heal thru an attack.
T8 damage is very very very difficult to heal through. Even wardens, who were easymode in t7, now have a very hard time in solo PvP. -The problem isn't that heals were barely an upgrade over our t7 counterparts. This is the same for CAs/Spells. -The problem isn't the +spell damage on items, we also have +heal items. The problem is that most people gained like 400+ int/str from lvl 70 to 80. THIS adds tons of damage to their arsenal while our heals have no such increase. It would be sweet if SOE made wisdom increase heal amounts, but then this would trivialize PvE content, require tons of work to fix the trivilization, and make PvEers mad that PvP effected PvE...
Old 01-22-2008, 12:34 AM   #7
BWLeeEllison

Loremaster

Five thousand is well over half my hit points on my main.  Should you get the drop on me, say, when I am fighting a mob, I would be toast.  Were you grouped up with even just one other wizard, I'd be toast the second I tried to hit either of you.  It is all a roll of the dice.  A T8 melee rolls up on a T8 caster (or vice versa).  If you can get him rooted he dies (pretty much). If you can't, you die.  Both have the same chance.  Casters get some nasty staves to play with.  Perhaps you should have allowed yourself the luxury of getting your melee skills up just a little so that when they get in your face you are still doing SOME damge?

When I was on my illusionist in the Feerrott trying to do the Vision of Fear quest the other night, I had been killed a number of times by one mob or the other, and on a whim, decided to forego the pet, choosing instead to cast my celerity buffs on myself.  A few minutes later a blue con scout rolled up and began dismembering me, and I was pleasantly surprised to actually be keeping pace with him damage wise,.  This is because as I have levelled up my illie, I made sure to keep his crushing skill up to par so that his staff was more than a pretty stat boosting stick.  Alas, he won in the end because I hadn't updated my armor in a while heheh.  But it was eye opening.

BWLeeEllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:07 AM   #8
Dh
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Champions of Sebilis

General

BWLeeEllison wrote:

Five thousand is well over half my hit points on my main.  Should you get the drop on me, say, when I am fighting a mob, I would be toast.  Were you grouped up with even just one other wizard, I'd be toast the second I tried to hit either of you.  It is all a roll of the dice.  A T8 melee rolls up on a T8 caster (or vice versa).  If you can get him rooted he dies (pretty much). If you can't, you die.  Both have the same chance.  Casters get some nasty staves to play with.  Perhaps you should have allowed yourself the luxury of getting your melee skills up just a little so that when they get in your face you are still doing SOME damge?

When I was on my illusionist in the Feerrott trying to do the Vision of Fear quest the other night, I had been killed a number of times by one mob or the other, and on a whim, decided to forego the pet, choosing instead to cast my celerity buffs on myself.  A few minutes later a blue con scout rolled up and began dismembering me, and I was pleasantly surprised to actually be keeping pace with him damage wise,.  This is because as I have levelled up my illie, I made sure to keep his crushing skill up to par so that his staff was more than a pretty stat boosting stick.  Alas, he won in the end because I hadn't updated my armor in a while heheh.  But it was eye opening.

It takes 1 second to hit the immune to root or the proper cure potion. You are then immune to root for at least 30seconds.

Did you really just say your melee damage was comparable to a scout as a mage with no strength and only autoattack? Mages should NEVER melee actual melee classes. Mages die to melee classes very quick in their range.

P.S.  T8 outright resists are broken... Fix them and remove outright resists for spell casts over 4seconds long imo.

Dh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:35 AM   #9
sprogn

General

When fission is hitting 3 people in PVP for 9K (NON CRIT) and 10-13K on a crit...  You have absolutely nothing to talk about.

With fireshape and the Sol Ro heat damage crit output, this spell could probably do 15-20K in PVP - you can reduce your cast times with AA's, gear and you can put manashield up before you even begin.

There's also the quested amulet which heals you for about 2.5K which is great for casters in PVP.

I'm sorry, but of all the people who should be here whining, Wizards are not one of them.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:37 AM   #10
sprogn

General

On the subject of resists, our guild warlock has just changed his gear for FULL +disruption gear.  I dread to think how high he actually has this skill, but he's resisted like 1 in 30 casts right now....
Old 01-25-2008, 06:01 AM   #11
Klon

General

well, considering how high a warlock can get his casting skills with his Buff and AA only its kinda sad that he needs to wear a full set of skillgear to actually land his spells.

How would you like it if a mage parried, dodged and blocked 60++ % of all your CAs and autoattacks?

I don´t even play a class thats dependent on landing nukes/debuffs since I can melee if needed ... and I think that resists need to be locked at asap.

and fission landing for 9k ... haha ... the highest I´ve ever been hit by it (if i was dumb enough to actually get hit by it) was not even half of that ...

Old 01-25-2008, 07:53 AM   #12
Unfeter

General

One of the last patches from November 2006  right before I left the game for a year had all resists removed.  Did they bring them back?  It seems so as nearly all my spells resist at level 80 and none of them are below adep3, and I have pretty good gear and a good AA spec.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #13
Dh

General

sprognak wrote:

When fission is hitting 3 people in PVP for 9K (NON CRIT) and 10-13K on a crit...  You have absolutely nothing to talk about.

With fireshape and the Sol Ro heat damage crit output, this spell could probably do 15-20K in PVP - you can reduce your cast times with AA's, gear and you can put manashield up before you even begin.

There's also the quested amulet which heals you for about 2.5K which is great for casters in PVP.

I'm sorry, but of all the people who should be here whining, Wizards are not one of them.

On the subject of resists, our guild warlock has just changed his gear for FULL +disruption gear.  I dread to think how high he actually has this skill, but he's resisted like 1 in 30 casts right now....

Sorry but you are just flat out wrong. You obviously DO NOT play a caster. Resists are unbearable at the moment. Sorcerers get PLENTY of +disruption from STA line. Warlocks get a disruption buff. Wizard AA gives +"harder to resist" and their spells are about twice "harder to resist" than warlocks. Sorcerers SHOULD be ahead of the game.  ALL of this means NOTHING in PVP. It is BROKEN!

If you are fighting anyone that knows what they are doing, a wizard should NEVER even get off a fission without getting a knockback /  interrupt / people simply moving out of range. Ice Bolt will hit for 4k crit. That is 4 second cast that can be interrupted and gets resisted 3 times in a row all of the time.

I have been killed by brigands in under 3 seconds MANY times on my 73 ranger and 80 wizard. They hit everytime and autoattack for 1500-2k. All you have to do is miss the button for immune to stun and you are dead before you can even get manashield off. Wizards SHOULD be able to hit hard. They are sooo easy to interrupt.

On my ranger, about 80% of the people that pop on my track are orange brigands. At the same time I have orange mages getting their spells resisted 3 in a row on me but I hit them everytime as a ranger. BROKEN!

Old 01-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #14
Dh

General

BTW I guarantee any sorcerer here complaining about resists in PVP have higher disruption than your melee skills when you hit every time in PVP.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #15
sprogn

General

[email protected] wrote:
sprognak wrote:

Sorry but you are just flat out wrong. You obviously DO NOT play a caster. Resists are unbearable at the moment. Sorcerers get PLENTY of +disruption from STA line. Warlocks get a disruption buff. Wizard AA gives +"harder to resist" and their spells are about twice "harder to resist" than warlocks. Sorcerers SHOULD be ahead of the game.  ALL of this means NOTHING in PVP. It is BROKEN!

If you are fighting anyone that knows what they are doing, a wizard should NEVER even get off a fission without getting a knockback /  interrupt / people simply moving out of range. Ice Bolt will hit for 4k crit. That is 4 second cast that can be interrupted and gets resisted 3 times in a row all of the time.

I have been killed by brigands in under 3 seconds MANY times on my 73 ranger and 80 wizard. They hit everytime and autoattack for 1500-2k. All you have to do is miss the button for immune to stun and you are dead before you can even get manashield off. Wizards SHOULD be able to hit hard. They are sooo easy to interrupt.

On my ranger, about 80% of the people that pop on my track are orange brigands. At the same time I have orange mages getting their spells resisted 3 in a row on me but I hit them everytime as a ranger. BROKEN!

Actually I do play a mage - a conj specifically.  Now that's a class that does need some love although with his AA parry skill, +parry adornments and decent gear he can shake off even the best of attacks as long as he sees them coming.

For the record, I've been out in group PVP and seen half my group almost one shotted by a NON crit fission that landed for 9K.  It one shotted our warlock, took our templar (with his 63% heat/cold resists) down to red and kicked in my death avoidance on my zerker (was already at about 50%).  I have been on the docks and seen the same templar in a 1v1 get hit for 10.3K on a crit - that's a one shot kill.

Wizards have 2 roots, a stifle, a snare and a stun.  All of which are more than adequate to keep enough distance to get one of these off.

But then again, a Wizard's true role is in a group, and trust me when I say, a well played Wizard protected by a good group is going to wreck some serious, serious damage.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #16
sprogn

General

[email protected] wrote:
BTW I guarantee any sorcerer here complaining about resists in PVP have higher disruption than your melee skills when you hit every time in PVP.

Quite possibly, but then I only hit cloth/leather casters every time.  Any decent melee classes will block, parry, deflect or riposte a good proportion of attacks.  Should I mention here that if a melee class does get parried/blocked/dodged/riposted/deflected that they're CA timer is down for the full count?

At least with mages when they resist you get an instant second chance, I'd kill for that on my Ranger SMILEY

To be frank, it's like any class out there.  If you go out in MC gear, hit 1-2-3-4 and expect to win, you're gonna have a rude awakening.  Some classes are easy enough to play to do that with, Mages aren't one of them.  That is pretty much why most of us created them in the first place.

Doing well in T8 PVP involves gear, it involves skill, and it involves tactics.  I wonder how many sorcerer's here can honestly say the first spell they cast every time is their debuff?

Old 01-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #17
Damurderer

Lord

[email protected] wrote:
sprognak wrote:

I love how you leave the sig of a scout that you haven't played in months up instead of using your warlock/wizards sig,  trying to make it look like your the scout on the side of the casters?  or are you just trying to look credible?
Damurderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #18
Hawty

Loremaster

BWLeeEllison wrote:

its not all a "roll of the dice".  fact is, melee has it easier for most pvp encounters.  the mage will have a bit of an advantage if he/she gets off their 4-5 second cast before stunlocked or the sort.  it is imbalanced.  resists are terrible at many levels that ive seen.  no different than if your specials missed 50% of the time.  add that resist rate to mitigation, and the squishy=dead mage.
Hawty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:21 PM   #19
Dh

General

Damurderer wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
sprognak wrote:

I love how you leave the sig of a scout that you haven't played in months up instead of using your warlock/wizards sig,  trying to make it look like your the scout on the side of the casters?  or are you just trying to look credible?
I play a 80 wizard and 73 ranger equally. Who cares what toon I use for my sig. It doesn't change what is broke and what isn't. t8 Resists are broken plain and simple.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:31 PM   #20
Truck
Guild: Eyes Of Darkness

Loremaster

If you're using Master 1 spells from tier 7 over adept 3's of tier 8, apparently you have a higher probrability of there being resists. (Or so i've heard). This could be a major factor in the "broken" resists you're referring to.

Also, i would try to avoid using anything below an adept 3 in pvp and expecting it to land. That's just wishful thinking.

Above all, warlocks and wizards taking the manashield line are still VERY powerful in pvp if they are played well. I would try revising your tactics before posting on the forums, whining about how you get killed by your "broken resists" every time you engage in pvp.

On a side note, i'd like to add that a level 17 illusionist mezzed me (level 80 berserker with 7000 something mental mit) for 20 some odd seconds in sinking sands, and then ran away. If this shows anything, spells are easier to land than all the casters seem to think.

Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:35 AM   #21
Krokous

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If you're using Master 1 spells from tier 7 over adept 3's of tier 8, apparently you have a higher probrability of there being resists. (Or so i've heard). This could be a major factor in the "broken" resists you're referring to.

Also, i would try to avoid using anything below an adept 3 in pvp and expecting it to land. That's just wishful thinking.

Above all, warlocks and wizards taking the manashield line are still VERY powerful in pvp if they are played well. I would try revising your tactics before posting on the forums, whining about how you get killed by your "broken resists" every time you engage in pvp.

On a side note, i'd like to add that a level 17 illusionist mezzed me (level 80 berserker with 7000 something mental mit) for 20 some odd seconds in sinking sands, and then ran away. If this shows anything, spells are easier to land than all the casters seem to think.

/sigh  you clearly dont play t8 mage.    when i see my mezz being resisted 3 times in row it makes me cry  -   and being completely destroyed by blue brigands on daily basis sucks too  (weird thing is that brigands are most common class who resist  spells alot)
Krokous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:12 AM   #22
bladechef

Loremaster

Resists are SNAFU atm.  Anyone who wants to debate that feel free.  This isn't an opinion or a nerf thread or any other BS.  Resists are completely and totally fukkked.  When greys, greens, blues and evencons alike are resisting a MINIMUM!  a minimum of 30% of all spells cast things are not right.    Folks like Sproiks want to say that mages (wizards were pointed at) have roots, snares and stun et cetera... have you tried to land a CC on someone in T8?  My master group root will cover a whole group and not a single time in RoK have more than 2 of 6 been rooted.  not once. 

Bolt of Ice M1 > 5 AA into rending (=more resist reduction on the debuff and less outright resistability) > 5 AA into Comet/Nova/Bolt (15% harder to resist).  In the past 4 days Bolt of Ice, in PvP,  has landed 46 times and been resisted 217.  Low hit 2107.  High hit 9140 (grey exile).  Average hit 4.7k.  This includes greys, greens, solos, groups, AFK players and everything else.  18% hit rate

Fission is a spell that I rarely use unless heated group v group fight... because anyone dumb enough to get hit by fission deserves to get killed straight away imo.  With AGI line and some Sorcerous Alacrity gear is ~4.2sec cast and affects a small cone between 5-10m directly in front of the wizard (depending on AA).  4.2 seconds is an eternity in PvP combat.  Very easy to interrupt and also has an unmistakable sound/particle effect.   High hit thus far = 10,102 with crit and a freehand boost.  As it can strike 3 targets the chance of it landing are fairly good if used in group PvP, but it is very difficult to effectively cast and affect three targets.  Generally it gets resisted by the closest/targetted individual.  I've done some testing with this one though.  A few different classes stood still to allow the testing.  generally close to 50% resist rate and although the amount of dmg changed the rate of resist did not with the addition of debuffs or loss/lack of resists.

Those are the only deal-breaker nukes for a wizard,  with the lvl 80 set gear Bolt will recast about 20 seconds or to every person on the server about 34seconds recast.  Fission is 2.5mins.  Both of these take plenty of time and care to even get casted on a rushing scout, zerk, brawler... hell even a melee mystic or a guardian can wreak havoc on our squishiness.  To have more than 50% outright resists overall and closer to 80% resists on the spells that make the difference (I'm talking roots, snares, stuns and the heavy-hitters) is completely unfathomable.

Needs immediate attention

bladechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:21 AM   #23
Ment
Guild: Freeport Underground

General

if anyone dont wanna believe it, look at this. thought about an easy kill...

http://files.filefront.com/vsbluewiz1avi/;9516469;

Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:46 AM   #24
bladechef

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

if anyone dont wanna believe it, look at this. thought about an easy kill...

http://files.filefront.com/vsbluewiz1avi/;9516469;

I don't know what your gear and spells look like tbh, but i run mostly fabled gear and about 50/50 M1/Ad3.  That scene is so typical it hurts to watch.  5 consecutive resists on a bluecon.  5 in a row.  You think physical avoidance would stay broken in this fashion if scouts/tanks were getting 5 consecutive misses in a row from blue/greens?  I don't. 

This is not a rare thing.  Please fix resists

bladechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:31 AM   #25
Vydar
Server: Vox
Guild: Crimson

Loremaster

K, so you're a wizard.9k fission when it lands?Yeah, that's pretty dumb, too.Resists need to be mit based, not avoidance.  I agree, its dumb.  But so is Fission and Ice Bolt hitting for such high amounts.
Vydar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #26
Krokous

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
K, so you're a wizard.9k fission when it lands?Yeah, that's pretty dumb, too.Resists need to be mit based, not avoidance.  I agree, its dumb.  But so is Fission and Ice Bolt hitting for such high amounts.
5 sec casting time with  wery high chance to be interrupted,  did u see how much dmg can brigand do in 5 seconds?    stop commenting things u have no clue about
Old 01-28-2008, 05:17 AM   #27
Oobo
Guild: Extinction Agenda

Loremaster

one thing im not getting is how i have almost 70% avoid and good mitigation and i only avoid about 4 out of 30hits from a PK...does Brawler avoid mean nothing in pvp? i mean it works great in PVE but when i pk its goes to crap..
Oobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #28
Krokous

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
one thing im not getting is how i have almost 70% avoid and good mitigation and i only avoid about 4 out of 30hits from a PK...does Brawler avoid mean nothing in pvp? i mean it works great in PVE but when i pk its goes to crap..
right... just go full offensive, including AA spec :)