EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-31-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
hosuke

Loremaster

Ok, i'm going to try to make this rant free..

My toon is level 70, he has 50% resists, any way. i get rooted by a fury and he shoots me with 3 nukes more or less, this is the following damage.

3800 -> 2800 -> 5000 crit (dot tick 480 a tick)

now, how is it a furys is out dpsing a wizard? kinda odd, not only was his cast speed way faster then a wizards but his avg damage was better too, and he could heal and kite with snares....

Furies never used to be like this at these tirs... is the new gear that stupidly overpowered?

hosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
Elephanton

General

You expect to win PVP fight against a caster without having any means to dispel root?Good luck... LOL

Elephanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Roald

Loremaster

ElephantonRU wrote:

You expect to win PVP fight against a caster without having any means to dispel root?Good luck... LOL

Im guessing the op is more concerned about the high damage than the root.

T8 damage does seem pretty high. Zerkers can kill high mit classes in 4 seconds, Wizards are 1 shoting trios with fission, and rangers are killing people in the time it takes to click auto attack.

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:24 PM   #4
knorah

Loremaster

hosuke wrote:

Ok, i'm going to try to make this rant free..

My toon is level 70, he has 50% resists, any way. i get rooted by a fury and he shoots me with 3 nukes more or less, this is the following damage.

3800 -> 2800 -> 5000 crit (dot tick 480 a tick)

now, how is it a furys is out dpsing a wizard? kinda odd, not only was his cast speed way faster then a wizards but his avg damage was better too, and he could heal and kite with snares....

Furies never used to be like this at these tirs... is the new gear that stupidly overpowered?

Furies do have AA lines/options that increase casting speed as well as recast times, not to mention if they choose to go down their crit % line.....then yes...it's all doable. Some furies are spec'd for healing, while others spec their AA's for crit %, casting speed, etc...

It all depends which AA lines they choose. I'm sure the gear may have a small part as well, but it sounds like that fury is spec'd purley for dps-pvp.

knorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:05 PM   #5
Elephanton

General

[email protected] wrote:
ElephantonRU wrote:

T8 damage does seem pretty high. Zerkers can kill high mit classes in 4 seconds, Wizards are 1 shoting trios with fission, and rangers are killing people in the time it takes to click auto attack.

I am seeing much higher autoattack from melee classes.Not sure about casters though, personally I don't notice damage increase on my Illy - most spells are hardly even worth upgrading from T7 M1.
Elephanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
Vendi

Loremaster

ElephantonRU wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
ElephantonRU wrote:

I am seeing much higher autoattack from melee classes.Not sure about casters though, personally I don't notice damage increase on my Illy - most spells are hardly even worth upgrading from T7 M1.
I agree, I have been hit by melee auto-attack for 2000+ (non-crit) a few times lately. I don't generally go over my combat logs, unless I get totally pwnd (ok, I guess I look at them quite a bit). I was really surprised to see a melee hit for that much. I had a brig do it to me and a bruiser. The Bruiser was nuts, I have a Monk and I can't imagine hitting for that much. Can't wait to get her leveled up to see if it's possible.Anyway, back to the OP, until recently I was a Fury (switched at 72), and I can tell you that those numbers are due to many things working together, AA lines, Gear, and Masters. They are not unreasonable, cause when they use their AA spell they can only heal for half the amount as normal. So, it's like a Wizzard using manaburn, it's a risk you have to take. If it doesn't work, your toast.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #7
TniEradani

Loremaster

i was playing the day this happened and you are such a dolt.

• furies can do this
  • there is a bug causing some people with invis'd toons to not show up at all
  • we don't whisper here, well tell
  • your brother did not know you were using his account to whine like this
TniEradani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #8
Rattfa
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

General

The fury got lucky and killed you in 3 hits...you could have got lucky and killed im one hit, and you're complaining?[Removed for Content]!

Rattface, 80 Fury - Nagafen
Rattfa is offline   Reply With Quote