EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
hosuke

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 18
Default

Ok, i'm going to try to make this rant free..

My toon is level 70, he has 50% resists, any way. i get rooted by a fury and he shoots me with 3 nukes more or less, this is the following damage.

 3800 -> 2800 -> 5000 crit (dot tick 480 a tick)

now, how is it a furys is out dpsing a wizard? kinda odd, not only was his cast speed way faster then a wizards but his avg damage was better too, and he could heal and kite with snares....

Furies never used to be like this at these tirs... is the new gear that stupidly overpowered?

hosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
Elephanton

General
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 985
Default

You expect to win PVP fight against a caster without having any means to dispel root?Good luck... LOL

Elephanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Roald

Loremaster
Roald's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London
Posts: 1,417
Default

ElephantonRU wrote:

You expect to win PVP fight against a caster without having any means to dispel root?Good luck... LOL

Im guessing the op is more concerned about the high damage than the root.

T8 damage does seem pretty high. Zerkers can kill high mit classes in 4 seconds, Wizards are 1 shoting trios with fission, and rangers are killing people in the time it takes to click auto attack.

__________________
Lickle

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:24 PM   #4
knorah

Loremaster
knorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 44
Default

hosuke wrote:

Ok, i'm going to try to make this rant free..

My toon is level 70, he has 50% resists, any way. i get rooted by a fury and he shoots me with 3 nukes more or less, this is the following damage.

 3800 -> 2800 -> 5000 crit (dot tick 480 a tick)

now, how is it a furys is out dpsing a wizard? kinda odd, not only was his cast speed way faster then a wizards but his avg damage was better too, and he could heal and kite with snares....

Furies never used to be like this at these tirs... is the new gear that stupidly overpowered?

Furies do have AA lines/options that increase casting speed as well as recast times, not to mention if they choose to go down their crit % line.....then yes...it's all doable. Some furies are spec'd for healing, while others spec their AA's for crit %, casting speed, etc...

It all depends which AA lines they choose. I'm sure the gear may have a small part as well, but it sounds like that fury is spec'd purley for dps-pvp.

knorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:05 PM   #5
Elephanton

General
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 985
Default

[email protected] wrote:
ElephantonRU wrote:

You expect to win PVP fight against a caster without having any means to dispel root?Good luck... LOL

Im guessing the op is more concerned about the high damage than the root.

T8 damage does seem pretty high. Zerkers can kill high mit classes in 4 seconds, Wizards are 1 shoting trios with fission, and rangers are killing people in the time it takes to click auto attack.

I am seeing much higher autoattack from melee classes.Not sure about casters though, personally I don't notice damage increase on my Illy - most spells are hardly even worth upgrading from T7 M1.
Elephanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
Vendi

Loremaster
Vendi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 40
Default

ElephantonRU wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
ElephantonRU wrote:

You expect to win PVP fight against a caster without having any means to dispel root?Good luck... LOL

Im guessing the op is more concerned about the high damage than the root.

T8 damage does seem pretty high. Zerkers can kill high mit classes in 4 seconds, Wizards are 1 shoting trios with fission, and rangers are killing people in the time it takes to click auto attack.

I am seeing much higher autoattack from melee classes.Not sure about casters though, personally I don't notice damage increase on my Illy - most spells are hardly even worth upgrading from T7 M1.
I agree, I have been hit by melee auto-attack for 2000+ (non-crit) a few times lately. I don't generally go over my combat logs, unless I get totally pwnd (ok, I guess I look at them quite a bit). I was really surprised to see a melee hit for that much. I had a brig do it to me and a bruiser. The Bruiser was nuts, I have a Monk and I can't imagine hitting for that much. Can't wait to get her leveled up to see if it's possible.Anyway, back to the OP, until recently I was a Fury (switched at 72), and I can tell you that those numbers are due to many things working together, AA lines, Gear, and Masters. They are not unreasonable, cause when they use their AA spell they can only heal for half the amount as normal. So, it's like a Wizzard using manaburn, it's a risk you have to take. If it doesn't work, your toast.
__________________
Vendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #7
TniEradani

Loremaster
TniEradani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 356
Default

i was playing the day this happened and you are such a dolt.

  • furies can do this
  • there is a bug causing some people with invis'd toons to not show up at all
  • we don't whisper here, well tell
  • your brother did not know you were using his account to whine like this
TniEradani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #8
Rattfa
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity
Rank: Friends And Family

General
Rattfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: England
Posts: 1,083
Default

The fury got lucky and killed you in 3 hits...you could have got lucky and killed im one hit, and you're complaining?[Removed for Content]!
__________________
Squeeeek, 80 Brigand - Nagafen

Rattface, 80 Fury - Nagafen
Rattfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:01 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.