EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
Ettia

General

I have come back to EQ2 recently. My highest level character before was a 41 conjurer and I enjoyed that class, but I am playing on a different server with some friends and don't want to pay for a transfer (not worth it for a level 41 character anyway). I am looking for a fun DPS class to play that isn't extremely narrow and boring. I've narrowed it down to either brigand or ranger, as they both seem like interesting options. I'd like to hear some basic comparisons between the classes. Which one solos better/are they about the same? Which one is more wanted in groups/raids? What are the playstyles like? I've played the brigand to level 19 and he has been ok so far, but it seems like he can't solo stuff more than a level above him without nearly dying, and if I draw an add I'm basically screwed. Is the ranger the same way or can they solo better?
Ettia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
Ranja

Loremaster

Well if you are running with a small group, Brigands have way more usefullness. Rangers can DPS. Brigs can,well, DPS with rangers and provide a ton of utility. Really it is not even close. Brigs/Swashies are the rulers of all in EQ2 now. DPS, Tanks, and tons of utility. IT really sucks that they are nerfiing rangers when our swashies are constantly parsing 2.5k in raids. Go Brig and never look back. One of the most wanted classes in raids besides dirges and coercers. Better solo at higher levels.

Thoghmor, 70 Troll Bruiser

Rotir, 90 Dark Elf Swash

Terrano, 82 Dark Elf Dirge

Aymon, 90, Barbarian Shadowknight

The Destroyer of Worlds:

http://s7.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=84341
Ranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
Deterre

General

What a demoralizing post, Ranja SMILEY Maby I should quit...
Deterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #4
Ranja

Loremaster

Quit if you play a class to play the fotm, but I love the ranger class and will never quit. I have one character 70 ranger, Elbryan. Started him two months after eq2 came out and have played him ever since.

Thoghmor, 70 Troll Bruiser

Rotir, 90 Dark Elf Swash

Terrano, 82 Dark Elf Dirge

Aymon, 90, Barbarian Shadowknight

The Destroyer of Worlds:

http://s7.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=84341
Ranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
Squigglle

Loremaster

Ettiave wrote:
I have come back to EQ2 recently. My highest level character before was a 41 conjurer and I enjoyed that class, but I am playing on a different server with some friends and don't want to pay for a transfer (not worth it for a level 41 character anyway). I am looking for a fun DPS class to play that isn't extremely narrow and boring. I've narrowed it down to either brigand or ranger, as they both seem like interesting options. I'd like to hear some basic comparisons between the classes. Which one solos better/are they about the same? i think ranger solos better becuase they can kite well. but brigands got nice stuns Which one is more wanted in groups/raids? brigands good dps and utility What are the playstyles like? ranger is well ranged. were brigand is more of sly and beat the hell out of the enemy with a knife I've played the brigand to level 19 and he has been ok so far, but it seems like he can't solo stuff more than a level above him without nearly dying, and if I draw an add I'm basically screwed. Is the ranger the same way or can they solo better?
Old 06-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #6
KniteShayd

Loremaster

From a PvP perspective, It's usally a toss up for me.  If I can get a jump on, which is very hard considering they can track stealth (very imbalanced since a ranger can only track invis, and they get both, but thats a whole other thread), as long as I can stay away from the brig to get my ranged off, I will certainly win.  Trick is they have alot more utility to get up close and play dirty.  So atm, they can kill me fighting me up close, but from far away I pwn em. Condsidering the new changes, (the nerf to root and snare) we'll be easy token fodder for em...
KniteShayd is offline   Reply With Quote