EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-24-2006, 02:10 PM   #151
jarlaxle8

General

Jay42 wrote:
The DR could be higher on Grizz, but what really bothers me is the really mediocre stat. STAT. Not stats... just one: +20 STR. The Grizzle mace, for example, has +27 to WIS *and* +27 to another - maybe STA? Point being, +54 total attribute points; we get less than half of that. Why??
i'm not there yet level wise, but checked out the rewards for that quest. and i was suprised as well. the thought of picking the dual-wield weapon when i do that quest even crossed my mind.

perhaps it is because of ranged slot, but it's still a bit underwhelming. and if it holds true that it has less damage rating then the 2-hander from that quest, i too would like to know why the hell this reward is so low compared to the the other ones?

---------------------------Ryilan Nightbreeze ---------------------------
Old 03-24-2006, 07:55 PM   #152
Elquinjena

Huntress

Lockeye wrote:
 -Soloing for a Ranger is generally difficult because they are at a tactical disadvantage for having less melee combat arts than Assassins. Their 'Lunge' combat art line was a melee attack + DoT, which really did not offer anything different than their 'Bleeding Cut' line. 'Lunge' is now changed into a melee attack + very short duration unbreakable Root, so that the Ranger can back away and get up to two more ranged combat arts in while soloing.

Has anyone tried this yet? I have seen other posts about the new lunge being useless now.Personaly I don't see HOW we can back up, and then get off 2 shots in 4 seconds.

Antonia Bayle Server - EQII Legion of Kithicor
Elquinjena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:07 PM   #153
Mirdo

Loremaster

It si possible using our lowest cast time/ fastest recovery CA's BUT it's probably more efficient to use a single longer cast, higher damage CA.

Both snaring shot and precise shot have 1 sec casting times and 0.5s recovery. If you start to back away, creating some distance, stun then back up a tiny bit more and queue both skills you can do it - assuming no lag etc. It is much easier to use a single higher damage art - just save it for mid-fight instead of the pull - maybe something like amazing shot which is 1.5s cast and can now hit for over 1k.

Mirdo.
Mirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:36 PM   #154
4lta

Loremaster

even with these changes its to little to late ans the fact that Brigands and Conjs are still top raid dps this lil fix really didnt do anything ....and to top it off they give conjs a lower cast time on there stoneskin !!!! thats like lowering rangers snipershot its never gonna happen ,thx for the try soe but this isnt gonna make us t1! and im shure this is where your gonna leave us and contuine to make the other t2 classes even better LOL
4lta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:36 PM   #155
Guy De Alsace

Loremaster

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. We get slightly better only to find the mobs have gained some magical ability to now see through stealth. A nerf in all but name.
Guy De Alsace is offline   Reply With Quote