EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-31-2004, 12:20 AM   #1
Pil

The Dusty Blue Stone quest can be taken from the broom lady in Nettleville Hovel.  She makes you run a short quest to get a new broom, then gives you the Dusty Blue Stone.

This quest is intended to finish with the recovery of the Heritage item Ghoulbane.  Which is a no-trade 1handed sword.  Its great, but the quest is hard, and the sword is not really intended as a ranger weapon.  You can jump out of the quest early, however, and receive a sweet Dagger for your half-effort.

The dagger is +6 Agl +4 Str +20 Health and +20 Power, and good damage.  Skill to wield is 150, and at 26 I only have 130, so I don't know what its dmg will actually be when I wield it. 

Take the Dusty Blue stone needs to go to a Dwarf in the quarry on the North side of Greystone Yard.  He will tell you to mine 40 rock samples in the Thundering Steppes.  You need 95+ mining to do that, and the quest only updates from "Wind Swept Stones".  None of the other types will update the quests.  What you specifically mine from the Windswept stone does not matter, but that node type is the key.

Once you mine the stone, return to the dwarf.  He will tell you to find a mage that knows about stones.  This guy is up the Red teleporter in the SQ tower.  He asks you to deliver a bag of steel to Thundermist Villiage.  This is a simple run and fetch mission.  When you return he tells you to talk to someone in the temple of life.

I forget the guys name, but he is the last NPC to the left as you enter the Temple of life area.  You do not need to actually teleport into the tower.  He tells you to kill 28 powerfull undead in StormHold.  These can be any undead, so just slaughter some sentries.

This is where it gets interesting.  You can choose to continue the quest, for which there are plenty of spoilers.  If you do, you can eventually get Ghoulbane.  Or you can trade him the Dusty Blue Stone so that he can find someone else to do his bidding.  He gives you a choice of weapons in trade for the stone.  He also awards you 12.5% of a level worth of expierienc (at level 25).  So it is well worth the effort for pretty much any class to complete.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:16 AM   #2
Ra

Thanks for the info Pilar.  I am looking for non-combat ways to enhance my XP gain in down time between XP groups!

Another quick fact:  Don't forget about Collection quests.  The bone collections award 3-6%xp at level 36 and there are 20+ to do.  The rewards aren't too shabby either. 

Ravi Talonroot
Ranger 38 / Artisan 3
Everfrost
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 06:54 PM   #3
Vaelorn

Loremaster

^^^ That line is a quote from an episode of Family Guy (Y2K episode).  ^^^
Vaelorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 08:48 PM   #4
Nulad

General

Heh, I finished that quest for the dagger at around lvl 20 during the extra exp period and got like 50% SMILEYNul.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:07 PM   #5
Bulv

The big question is if you opt out, do you get the huge status boost?

Antonia Bayle Server
http://tribunalhands.everquest2guilds.com/
Bulv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 05:06 AM   #6
Bulv

Could you please tell me if you get status for only taking this quest to the dagger reward?

Antonia Bayle Server
http://tribunalhands.everquest2guilds.com/
Bulv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:02 AM   #7
EomerE

yea the xp reward for finishing early at lvl25 is 20% SMILEY
EomerE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:11 PM   #8
Pil

I am unguilded, so I don't know about the status implication. 
Old 01-05-2005, 06:56 PM   #9
Aulerd

I considered doing this quest after hearing its a very long one, but with good reward. I HATE tradeskill and Im not about to sit round mining for hours on end to get the required skill to actually do the ts part. I was pretty angry that you HAVE to have 91+ mining SMILEY that blows
Aulerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 06:59 PM   #10
EomerE

its just a prerequisite.... ie: you cant get certain quests fi you dont have the launguage primer or you cant do a zek quest without do access quest first

this one is a little more boring but if you combine it with hwal rucksifs "these boot were made for..." heritage quest from  ardent needle in antonica (mine 100iron & 100maple) then you can kill 2 birds with one stone SMILEY
EomerE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #11
Geddyf

I have started this quest, got the mining finished last night , but I have just one bit of confusion regarding when you can "duck out".

Is it after I have killed the undead?  Is there an option to trade the stone in?

Thanks for this inital post, I do not believe I would of started this quest otherwise.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:11 AM   #12
Pil

Yeah, you can trade in the stone after killing the undead.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:36 AM   #13
Talz

General

Is the reward no drop?  My wizard I got bored with was at the 40 rock part.  I would use search if it worked.  Thanks.
Talz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:23 AM   #14
spectre7

I just mined stuff as I did other stuff in TS. Another thing about the quest is that you keep the resources you mine after the quest is done. I made nearly two gold selling them after I was done with the quest.
spectre7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:12 AM   #15
Kraf

Talzar wrote:
Is the reward no drop?  My wizard I got bored with was at the 40 rock part.  I would use search if it worked.  Thanks.

The reward you recieve if you "opt out" of the Ghoulbane quest is tradable.
Kraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:09 AM   #16
Kyriel

Loremaster

I would never choose a weapon which i can replace in 3 lvls for a heritage thats just insane :/
ooo nice weapon i can use it at lvl 29, once u hit 33 is useless
Heritage quest= Status points about 33k guild lvl about 10% to guild exp (depending on guild lvl ) and the sword uget can be sold for about 7 gold which can easily buy u a better weapon at lvl 30+

Thats IMO but do what u like SMILEY
Old 01-13-2005, 03:11 AM   #17
Kyriel

Loremaster

eorner sry bro u are wront u cant do em together cause the dwarfs is 100 ir0n and 100 maple only found in antonica and commonlands (tier2) dusty blue stone is mine thunderring steppes SMILEY(tier3)
Old 01-13-2005, 01:46 PM   #18
Andre

You get it wrong buddy. I think there was meant : you can train you skill doing quest in antonica. I'm pretty sure after mining 100 stones yours skill will be [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] near to 80 SMILEY
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #19
Tarryn

Loremaster

There is no status reward for opting out early on this quest.

I am, however, using the dagger.  Nice weapon for those of us who prefer to earn our items rather than buying them.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:44 PM   #20
loraph

General

thke for thepost i started it with my shaman and was goingto go to TS after reaching mystic. too bad i wont be able to use the wqeapons.
loraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:26 PM   #21
roma

Loremaster

hey zemfira,

7 golds for selling what?? the weapon if you opt out or the ghoulbane??? even though it is for ghoulbane it seems way too much to me
r u sure about that?
roma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 03:04 AM   #22
Kyriel

Loremaster

NO the ghoulbane itself, though now soe made all heritage quests items lore and no trade so nvm selling it, :/