EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Hammieee
Server: Everfrost

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 158
Default

A lot of old war runes are mob specific however the rewards for going to do the zones are entirely not enough to go back. Sure you can say go back for the runes but the drop chance on them is very low and not worth going to waste a raid day to go get.

Some of the war runes are:

Velium Dominion

Total Anihalation

Split-Second Redemption

Velium Cipher

Profane Madness

Relentless Will

Pure Visciousness

Benefaction

Descent of Kael

Oracular Perception

Relentless Will

Rime Strike

Storm Essence

Strength Through Sacrifice

All of these war runes are zone specific runes that are unaccessable as no one runs the old raid zones conisdering how they are hard mode runes. Many guilds as such as my own are tierd of seeing Torrent of Rime over and over again when it just goes to our looter and sold to the vender. Please add these war runes to mobs in Drunder.

Hammieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

I fully support this change.

I hate doing tormax cause recruits need runes.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
Hammieee
Server: Everfrost

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 158
Default

Its just dumb because they add pieces in drunder that had red adorn slots yet no has any war runes to put on the gear!

Hammieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
Hammieee
Server: Everfrost

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 158
Default

Can i get a reply from a red name?

Hammieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
Silzin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Revelations
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Silzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 537
Default

They can even brake them down so each rune drops from a differint mob in Drunder HM. or group the War Runes and have then drop from any named in the zone. ether way any War Runes are better then the trash ones on all but 3 of the named.
__________________
Silzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #6
Hammieee
Server: Everfrost

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 158
Default

We got 3 different torrents and 3 prophetic affliction last raid! Please feel free to add whatever other fail war runes you guys got recently.

Hammieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
tomsky

Loremaster
tomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 97
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Velium Dominion

Total Anihalation

Split-Second Redemption

Velium Cipher

Profane Madness

Relentless Will

Pure Visciousness

Benefaction

Descent of Kael

Oracular Perception

Relentless Will

Rime Strike

Storm Essence

Strength Through Sacrifice

Manalink

Steadfast Defiance/Resolve

This ^

Especially Relentless Will, PV and Storm Essence. All top end runes, which no one wants to have to go back to an old zone to do.

__________________
tomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
Hammieee
Server: Everfrost

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 158
Default

tomsky wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Velium Dominion

Total Anihalation

Split-Second Redemption

Velium Cipher

Profane Madness

Relentless Will

Pure Visciousness

Benefaction

Descent of Kael

Oracular Perception

Relentless Will

Rime Strike

Storm Essence

Strength Through Sacrifice

Manalink

Steadfast Defiance/Resolve

This ^

Especially Relentless Will, PV and Storm Essence. All top end runes, which no one wants to have to go back to an old zone to do.

Oh, and also allow the Public Quest ones to drop in raids, i have been trying to get people for them for months but no one wants to run them but i want to get ferver and wild swings for our new healers as we can't get steadfast defiance/resolve.

Hammieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #9
Chronus1

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 253
Default

This would be awseome beyond comprehension.

__________________
Chronus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #10
Hammieee
Server: Everfrost

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 158
Default

Can we get some response from a dev maybe? Oh yeah also add the lack of red adorns to ranged items which makes the new sullon loot take worse than the last!

Hammieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
Boethius_Permafrost

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 335
Default

seconded

and add some procs to the weapons/range that lost their red slots

Put deathless devotion on a drunder range items and every priest will love you.

Boethius_Permafrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #12
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

[email protected] wrote:

seconded

and add some procs to the weapons/range that lost their red slots

Put deathless devotion on a drunder range items and every priest will love you.

I would prefer they just add a darn red slot to ranged and let us tailor the proc we want but yeah getting tired of torrent of toxins, etc. dropping off every hm named and left to rot.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:41 AM   #13
Kunaak

Loremaster
Kunaak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,081
Default

indeed, make some good adorns drop in drunder.

Kunaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:45 AM   #14
Ferunnia

Loremaster
Ferunnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 796
Default

Kill harder mobs, good runes drop off those I hear.

Ferunnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Kill harder mobs, good runes drop off those I hear.

We do, but things like split second will never drop from them.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #16
tomsky

Loremaster
tomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 97
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Kill harder mobs, good runes drop off those I hear.

Let me know when Storm Essence/Pure Visciousness/Split Second Redemption drop for you in Drunder!

On the upside, can still get Discretion red war rune in drunder, everyone loves 20% incombat run speed!

__________________
tomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #17
Hammieee
Server: Everfrost

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 158
Default

I love 20% in-combat run speed!

Hammieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #18
Hammieee
Server: Everfrost

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 158
Default

How was everyones torrent of toxins today?

Hammieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #19
Chronus1

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 253
Default

Clear 2 hardmode drunder zones. Only 2 war runes don't rot in the chest. Genius! /bump
__________________
Chronus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #20
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

[email protected] wrote:

How was everyones torrent of toxins today?

I would laugh but my personal count on torrent of "imput generic useless damage proc here" is bout 10 they really need to address this now not 2 years from now. 

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #21
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

How was everyones torrent of toxins today?

I would laugh but my personal count on torrent of "imput generic useless damage proc here" is bout 10 they really need to address this now not 2 years from now. 

They're players too, so I'm sure they recognize the urgency of this issue.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #22
Hammieee
Server: Everfrost

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 158
Default

Problem is this thread has been up for a week now and despite the numerous pm's and posts in this thread none of the dev's even care about what the playbase says, people have been saying this for two years now. But honestly im getting pretty sick of it. Everything in this game has been off since DoV and its truely just garbage. Raiding has gotten to the point where it is entirely luck based. Oh guys we need seven to eight healers for this fight. Lets not even mention PoW loot in a entire instance we got five pieces of loot off trash at the rate we are going it is going to take a year to gear out our whole entire raid force in just some of the gear that is presented to us not to mention the fact that there are only twleve mobs in pow that drop hats and you need 24 and dont even get me started on redrops. Its just as if sony doesn't even care about anything that thier playbase says. This is basically the same rants that players have been saying for months now so this entire paragraph will proboly just get skipped over as normal but i feel as if this is the problem and it needs to be fixed by either making dev's raid again but that brings up the issue of them giving out strats but make them form thier own guild.

Hammieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #23
Boli32

Loremaster
Boli32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,425
Default

War Runes and red slot: Good IdeaImplimentation of said idea: Terrible

War Runes should drop from *all* raid zones... maybe even add in some new - more powerful ones in harder zones and all raid items (such as charms/waist/cloak/weapons) should have a red slot!

Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #24
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

How was everyones torrent of toxins today?

I would laugh but my personal count on torrent of "imput generic useless damage proc here" is bout 10 they really need to address this now not 2 years from now. 

They're players too, so I'm sure they recognize the urgency of this issue.

In the real world maybe but in soe world what we get is dev team that has basicly ignored broken mechanics, outstanding class issues and gear itemization that looks like it was done with an etch a sketch....but what we do get is SOEmote which will be less used than dungeon finder....just shaking my head at this point.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #25
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

[email protected] wrote:

War Runes and red slot: Good IdeaImplimentation of said idea: Terrible

War Runes should drop from *all* raid zones... maybe even add in some new - more powerful ones in harder zones and all raid items (such as charms/waist/cloak/weapons) should have a red slot!

Spot on assessment.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:12 AM   #26
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Oh well i guess no red name even cares enough about thier game to even say something.

Post in SOEmote and/or dungeon finder/maker and you will be sure to get a response.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #27
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Oh well i guess no red name even cares enough about thier game to even say something.

Post in SOEmote and/or dungeon finder/maker and you will be sure to get a response.

Or the crab!  Don't forget about the crab!

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #28
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Oh well i guess no red name even cares enough about thier game to even say something.

Post in SOEmote and/or dungeon finder/maker and you will be sure to get a response.

Or the crab!  Don't forget about the crab!

I would laugh but sadly its true....

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #29
Kander

Game Dev
Kander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Default

[email protected] wrote:

A lot of old war runes are mob specific however the rewards for going to do the zones are entirely not enough to go back. Sure you can say go back for the runes but the drop chance on them is very low and not worth going to waste a raid day to go get.

Some of the war runes are:

Velium Dominion

Total Anihalation

Split-Second Redemption

Velium Cipher

Profane Madness

Relentless Will

Pure Visciousness

Benefaction

Descent of Kael

Oracular Perception

Relentless Will

Rime Strike

Storm Essence

Strength Through Sacrifice

All of these war runes are zone specific runes that are unaccessable as no one runs the old raid zones conisdering how they are hard mode runes. Many guilds as such as my own are tierd of seeing Torrent of Rime over and over again when it just goes to our looter and sold to the vender. Please add these war runes to mobs in Drunder.

There is new raid content coming in September. Most of these will make a re-appearance there.

__________________
<img src="http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7049/kandersignatureskyshrin.jpg">
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #30
Geothe

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,098
Default

Kander wrote:

There is new raid content coming in September. Most of these will make a re-appearance there.

But adding those war runes into the HM Drunder loot tables would be a bad thing how?!Bear in mind.... the difficulty of the HM Drunder encounters is much more challenging than that of the HM DoV encounters that those desired runes drop from... so its not like they are coming from easier content... just that they would be part of VALID content.

I honestly can't comprehend why the simple addition of those runes to the HM Drunder loot tables is apparently being refused.

__________________
Smed: We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:09 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.