EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #31
jjlo69

Loremaster

Geothe wrote:

Kander wrote:

There is new raid content coming in September. Most of these will make a re-appearance there.

But adding those war runes into the HM Drunder loot tables would be a bad thing how?!Bear in mind.... the difficulty of the HM Drunder encounters is much more challenging than that of the HM DoV encounters that those desired runes drop from... so its not like they are coming from easier content... just that they would be part of VALID content.

I honestly can't comprehend why the simple addition of those runes to the HM Drunder loot tables is apparently being refused.

cause they want players to goto the new content in Sept

jjlo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #32
Yimway

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Geothe wrote:

Kander wrote:

There is new raid content coming in September. Most of these will make a re-appearance there.

But adding those war runes into the HM Drunder loot tables would be a bad thing how?!Bear in mind.... the difficulty of the HM Drunder encounters is much more challenging than that of the HM DoV encounters that those desired runes drop from... so its not like they are coming from easier content... just that they would be part of VALID content.

I honestly can't comprehend why the simple addition of those runes to the HM Drunder loot tables is apparently being refused.

Basically, if you didn't get those runes durring DoV your SoL until November when the September content that gets released in October will be killable SMILEY

Old 08-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #33
jjlo69

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

tomsky wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Velium Dominion

Total Anihalation

Split-Second Redemption

Velium Cipher

Profane Madness

Relentless Will

Pure Visciousness

Benefaction

Descent of Kael

Oracular Perception

Relentless Will

Rime Strike

Storm Essence

Strength Through Sacrifice

Manalink

Steadfast Defiance/Resolve

This ^

Especially Relentless Will, PV and Storm Essence. All top end runes, which no one wants to have to go back to an old zone to do.

Oh, and also allow the Public Quest ones to drop in raids, i have been trying to get people for them for months but no one wants to run them but i want to get ferver and wild swings for our new healers as we can't get steadfast defiance/resolve.

i perosnally like the PQ ones get added to the list of being able to buy from the mercahta if you have gotten and used n the past imho

jjlo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #34
Neiloch

Loremaster

Kander wrote:

So red slots are sticking around? I thought they were getting phased out. Don't get me wrong I love the red slots and adorns but some consistency would be nice. I really hope you don't plan on staggering where red adorns and red slot equipment drop, kind of like how it is now.

I guess if you made it some sort of progression that would be fine. Such as entry level stuff using red slot then the high end having much better built in effects.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #35
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Kander wrote:

So red slots are sticking around? I thought they were getting phased out. Don't get me wrong I love the red slots and adorns but some consistency would be nice. I really hope you don't plan on staggering where red adorns and red slot equipment drop, kind of like how it is now.

I guess if you made it some sort of progression that would be fine. Such as entry level stuff using red slot then the high end having much better built in effects.

Please no we already got enough garbage proc gear from skyshrine/hm drunder reboot already.  TBH just remove the war runes from drops and finally unlock the merchant so players can buy whatever ones they need regardless if they looted them previously (kinda like SF did at paineel).  In addition for the love of god remove the useless skyshrine procs from the new ranged slot items in hm drunder and add a red slot back in especially since they are intentionally broken with regards to proc rates from blessings, ancestry and luck of the dirge (as a templar that gives me 4 useless/broken initial endlines now...yay.)

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #36
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Geothe wrote:

Kander wrote:

TBH if the problems with loot (as well as ignored broken mechanics, class issues, overdesigned raid strats) are not fixed there wont be many left to play this new xpac...the number of high to medium end guilds that are closing down and players leaving is increasing and the reason why I stated above...I give Kander credit as hes one of the few devs that bothers to respond to the player base still....but after 7 years of broken promises from the dev team as a whole  its just not enough anymore.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:36 AM   #37
Neiloch

Loremaster

They managed to make some procs I actually like in PoW and SS. Unfortunately they are few and far between and frankly the way they have been distributed make little sense. That's why I said 'much better built in effects' which obviously they can, they just seem to not like using them. If they can't seem to figure out what ones players like (hint: look at the history of which red ones get used the most) just keep using red slots and maybe add an additional higher tier to the whole lot with a level restriction or something. 92 adorn will only got on a level 92 piece for example.

As for overdesigned raid strats, give me more. I don't raid on EQ2 so I can stupid easy encounters. I can play SWTOR or WoW for that junk. Just don't make them class/archetype specific. If people have to click things or some such, let the raid force decide, don't pick them for us. I say make all classes crazy OP but make victory a manner of mechanics, where 'class role' is something just to be juggled while doing something else. Make it literally impossible to 'tank and spank' or 'burn' through a fight no matter how trivial. About the only way you can incorporate skill in these games without making it based on twitch combat.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:40 AM   #38
S1lence

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote: Basically, if you didn't get those runes durring DoV your SoL until November when the September content that gets released in October will be killable

This was my daily Rofl, thank you!

Honestly, do you really think if they made us wait forever to get yellow shards to adorn the gear that dropped in Skyshrine FROM the Skyshrine instances that they give a hoot about war runes? It's not like you need silly things like Velium Dominion or Manalink to progress nowdays you just need to farm alt gear in Skyshrine until they Release the new and nerf the old.

S1lence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #39
Dalzhel
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Divine Legend

Loremaster

would lke to also add to the request to please add the PQ runes to the merchant in kael so that we can purchase them again. no one does the public quests anymore and i would like to have a rune from there. without a full raid and having to waste time on a raid night for a slim chance to get the rune you want.

please please please add public quest runes to an adornment merchant, Kael or another merchant that sell runes.

Dalzhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #40
Nukeworker

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

would lke to also add to the request to please add the PQ runes to the merchant in kael so that we can purchase them again. no one does the public quests anymore and i would like to have a rune from there. without a full raid and having to waste time on a raid night for a slim chance to get the rune you want.

please please please add public quest runes to an adornment merchant, Kael or another merchant that sell runes.

This.

http://everquest2.com/Everfrost/Nukeworker/
Nukeworker is offline   Reply With Quote