EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
S1lence

Loremaster

I spent the first week of the xpac collecting the ingreds for the Totem of the draconic Miscreant, then another 11 days waiting for the recipie to complete. Then I spent a few months gathering the raid materials to make the Acidic Dragon Essence and finally got the last peice on the day that my raid earned researcher completed the recipie. 

I wish I would have known that you can only use one of these items before I spent a lot of time and energy gathering and waiting. As it stands now, if I cast one of the two it sets a reuse timer on the one i didn't use which is kinda dumb if not just downright annoying.

Does anyone else know if this was intended or is it one of the overlooked mechanics that we have to live with now?

S1lence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Twyxx

Guardian

It's intended.  I purchased two diff totems at the beginning of the GU and realized they shared a timer.  /petitioned and was told they were sorry, but couldn't do anything about it (not even unattuning the one i just bought so i could sell/move it to another toon).  I asked them to at least give players some notice on the items...they said that's a good idea and never did anything about it.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
S1lence

Loremaster

Thats bad news but thanks. It doesn't make sense to have 2 different items though, one from heroic and one from raid that you can't have different reuse timers on.. Instead we spend tons of DKP and plat to have to find out the hard way.

Once again raiders get the short stick.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
Yimway

Loremaster

SoE are players too, and I'm shocked they didn't think to communicate this clearly that all totems share the same reuse timer.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
Katz

Loremaster

Petitioned is a different group from developers, is it not?  Perhaps it is unintended.   Hopefully the developers will respond and let you know whether it is truely intended or not.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
Lamatu

Loremaster

If the different tinkered feign death items share a timer I am sure the crafted totems is no mistake.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
Katz

Loremaster

However, the tinkered feign death items are one time use for each feign death.  The items that the OP is talking about aren't totems like the woodworker makes that are one time use.  Instead, the items are charms.   

Edit: I'm still annoyed that they put the feign death items on the same timer.  Makes them so much less useful. 

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Katz wrote:

Petitioned is a different group from developers, is it not?  Perhaps it is unintended.   Hopefully the developers will respond and let you know whether it is truely intended or not.

Petition is GMs, who aren't developers at all.

That's why we should always /bug instead of /petition this stuff.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
S1lence

Loremaster

I don't have any confidence in eithrt /bug or /petition when it comes to fixing in-game issues though. Even on Beta and Testcopy they are given very little attention. Most of the times i've actually received a response was in forums but it looks like this post got lost in the weekend shuffle.