EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > General Tech Support Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
Tigress

Loremaster

I launched the game today and loged into Account A.  I logged out of Account A.  I switched to Account B.  I logged into Account B.  The game launched into Account A.  The launcher refuses to stay open and will only launch Account A.  What happened to the CHOICE to auto close the launcher?  I don't want it closing.  I am logging into different accounts and this auto closing is not acceptable.  It's even less acceptable bc it will only bring up Account A, no matter how many times I select Account B.  My guess is bc the stupid launcher closes mid launch and it defaults to the last account logged in.  I need to be on Account B.  Help, ty!

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Tigress

Loremaster

Update:  My son's computer, Windows 7 will change accts; however, the launcher still auto closes too quickly.  Can we shut that thing off?

My computer is Vista and will not change accts.  Help!

Old 02-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Bunji

Build Master

Tigress wrote:

Update:  My son's computer, Windows 7 will change accts; however, the launcher still auto closes too quickly.  Can we shut that thing off?

My computer is Vista and will not change accts.  Help!

For the install you can't change acounts on, try deleting just the 'LaunchPad.libs' folder from your install directory and then rerun the patcher.  See if it gives you the user login prompt again.

Bunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
Tigress

Loremaster

hi.  i dont have that file.  i have a libsndfile-1.dll file.  should i delete that? i  called a TSR and he opened a ticket.  i sent the msinfo & dxdiag files.  ticket:  120217-001197.

i wanted him to just help me fix it but he refused to stay on the phone SMILEY.

he suggested that i clear the cookies from internet explorer.  (i dont even use IE, its an awful program!)  i did and was able to switch accts; however, the next time that i went to switch, it wouldn't let me.  i tried clearing hte cookies again and it is stubbornly locked on account a.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
Bunji

Build Master

There should be an actual folder called 'LaunchPad.libs' that the new patcher creates in your install folder.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
Tigress

Loremaster

that worked, ty.  it forgot all of my log in IDs.  am i going to have to delete the file every time i want to switch accts, now?

Old 02-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
Bunji

Build Master

Tigress wrote:

that worked, ty.  it forgot all of my log in IDs.  am i going to have to delete the file every time i want to switch accts, now?

I'm forwarding the issue to the patcher team for investigation.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
Tigress

Loremaster

ty.  can you ask them to check into why the launcher closes immediately after launching the game?  i'd prefer it to stay open until i close it.  at the very least, give me 5-10min before it closes.

i can answer my question abt the deleting folder.  yes, i have to delete it every time that i want to switch accts.  i went from Acct A to Acct B then back to Acct A.  it won't go back to Acct B.  i'll be deleting the folder again bc I want to play Acct B.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #9
Laeandoria

Lord

Same problem here. My point is that THE PATCHER WORKED FINE! Why in the HELL did you guys feel a need to fix it until it was broken. Once again sony has the sorriest implementation of software releases of any company in existence.

Gnomie Extrordinaire

Guild Leader of Erollisi's Tear

Laeandoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #10
Eveningsong

Tester

Bunji wrote:

There should be an actual folder called 'LaunchPad.libs' that the new patcher creates in your install folder.

This will allow people to switch accounts, but it won't allow us to two-box.  Although this allowed me to login on my 2nd account, as long as my 1st account was active it still wouldn't let me enter game on the 2nd account (green button just says "Playing").

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #11
Taany

Loremaster

Having the same issue here trying to log 2 accounts on 1 machine doesn't work on any of my PCs. Sucks this happens as soon as the bonus exp starts!
Taany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #12
Muusic
Server: Venekor
Guild: New Age

Loremaster

Tigress wrote:

have to delete it every time that i want to switch accts

This is extremely annoying.

Muusic 92-320AA Troub/92 Grandmaster Jeweler-Antonia Bayle

Imyourr 92-320AA Dirge/92 Grandmaster Tailor-Venekor born

Wecanbe 92 - 320AA Warden/92 Grandmaster Provisioner

Myndtrixx 92/320AA Illusionist - Antonia bayle

Avithax 92 - 320AA Shadowknight - Nagafen

Silencess 92-320AA Conji/92 Grandmaster Sage- Venekor born

Alisylent 92/320AA Ranger/92 Grandmaster Weaponsmith- Antonia Bayle

Amphlify 92 - 320AA Dirge Antonia Bayle

Smiiles 92-320AA Monk/92 Grandmaster Jeweler-Antonia Bayle

Avithax 92 - 320AA Shadowknight/92 Grandmaster Alchemist - Antonia Bayle

Playforr - 92/320AA Defiler - Antonia Bayle

Muusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:47 AM   #13
Kaynala
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Poison Arrow

Loremaster

This is making it very difficult for me to use both my accounts at the same time. In Fact, its mostly rediculous. Please fix this ASAP!

Old 02-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #14
trixy

Loremaster

Hi all I called Tech support on this issue.. Sony has change the way the launcher works. here is how to duel box and simply change accounts. Use to be we'd have a list on the new launcher and could simply move from account to account. Now what you need to do is ignore your list of accounts and each time you want to change accounts hit the log out option and then hit the "log into new account" then manually type in the name and password of the account you want to access even if it is still listed type it in. You do the same thing if you want to Duel box..

The store feature is no longer going to be working. The guy said they have no plans to change it back as it cause problems for people who wanted to duel box.

Hope this helps

trixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #15
Corisu
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Booyah

Loremaster

I noticed this yesterday too and wrote support. After many updates back and forth and deleting of whatever files they told me to delete, it still wouldn't work. Then I got the response "This appears to be a known issue. The work around for this is to launch the game directly from the executable file in your EverQuest II folder. At this time, our dev team is working on a fix."

That does work, my launcher however is now only recognizing one account just as others described in this thread too, and I have a separate icon on my desktop for starting up other accounts. I don't care for having to fill in the password every time for those accounts I log in via the everquest2.exe icon but it works so that's good at least.

Corisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
Amarisa
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Elemental Redemption

Loremaster

Same thing happening for me. I play two accounts and things were working fine, please change this back. I want the launcher to stay open and I want to be able to switch accounts useing my saved accounts. This is annoying...bad move

Amarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #17
Amarisa
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Elemental Redemption

Loremaster

logging out and then logging into new account and typeing everything in won't switch the account for me, it just says playing. Figures.....paid for both accounts too  /sigh

Amarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #18
Andurill

Loremaster

I went through all this crap this morning too. I deleted the .lib file which reset everything but now the launcher won't accept my username/password for my main account.  Logged in fine with the second one.

Working now.

Andurill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
sanamin

Loremaster

You would think sony would have learned that Friday patches cause more trouble than they fix.

Oh wait I forgot it was sony I was talking about.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #20
S1lence

Loremaster

Ya gotta LOL though... messin up the ability to 2-box on a double xp weekend is going to put a crunch on some SC sales SMILEY

Too bad the only division of SoE that works on the weekends is the MOD's which I feel are just as entitled to have a mon-fri schedule just like every other employee! 

S1lence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #21
Slayan

Loremaster

Same problem here.

Hotfix.....

Now the quest feathers/books are broken

Hotfix.......

The feathers/books still broken also now the launchpad is all messed up

Hotfix........

Now what will be broken that was working fine!

Old 02-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #22
Gladiolus

Loremaster

Slayan wrote:

Hotfix.....

Now the quest feathers/books are broken

Hotfix.......

The feathers/books still broken also now the launchpad is all messed up

Hotfix........

Now what will be broken that was working fine!

S1lence wrote:

put a crunch on some SC sales

There's your answer.

Gladiolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #23
TSR-MattG

Customer Service

Since we've got a couple threads open on this I'm going to go ahead and close this one up.

If I hear any word about this issue I'll post in the open thread!