EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #31
Jahiah

Loremaster

and another one gone...

All servers are up except forGuk (is locked) Butcherblock (is locked) NektulosKithicor (is locked) Unrest (is locked) Crushbone (is locked) Blackburrow (is locked) Venekor PVP (is locked) Antonia Bayle (is locked)

what's unsettling to me is, no where at all is there any 'red name' to let us know what's going on or that it's even going on or what SMILEY

happy customers are informed customers and vise versa!

Old 11-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #32
Laoch69

Loremaster

Just in case anyone was near the reboot button, if they could be so kind SMILEY
Old 11-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #33
Ama

General

Spiritunicorn wrote:
Ennis wrote:
Somebody forgot to feed the Ratongas in their little Ratonga wheels.

Wes hungries, we needs our foods!

I also noticed AB go up then crash out again suddenly, I guess some things have not changed while I have been away. ^_^

lol where's the dang server hamsters? If you guys don't quit assassinating those little guys you'll bring down the wrath of King server hamster and his queen.  SMILEY
Old 11-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #34
Xelphneigh

Loremaster

Quite obviously they had issues but here is the link to the downtime for today, the 7th.It's listed as EQ2Players update and not the game but I believe they've had some issues resulting in the pending server lockshttp://eq2players.station.sony.com/...mp;locale=en_USso when someone posted earlier about today being a downtime, the WERE correct.
Xelphneigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #35
nennest

Lord

the war of the hamsters ? *grabs her cookie jar*
nennest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:25 PM   #36
feldon30

Fansite Staff

I'm sorry but the EQ2Players (a WEB SITE) downtime has nothing to do with what is happening on the EQ2 play servers (proprietary software). The times aren't even close. EQ2Players is scheduled to go down an hour from now, not 2 hours ago.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #37
BoriKitty

Loremaster

Came back from lunch:

All servers are up except forGuk (is locked) Butcherblock (is locked) Nektulos (is locked) Kithicor (is locked) Unrest (is locked) Crushbone (is locked) Blackburrow (is locked) NajenaVenekor PVP (is locked) Antonia Bayle (is locked)

Still haven't heard the "we are working on it" from anyone.. /sigh

Old 11-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #38
Sartredes

Loremaster

Wow...not looking good on the server front.  Now ten servers down (well, locked, but still...).  Wonder what FUBARed the servers?
Sartredes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #39
Gnevil

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Quite obviously they had issues but here is the link to the downtime for today, the 7th.It's listed as EQ2Players update and not the game but I believe they've had some issues resulting in the pending server lockshttp://eq2players.station.sony.com/...mp;locale=en_USso when someone posted earlier about today being a downtime, the WERE correct.
Not to burst your bubble, but first this is for the players website not anything to do with the game servers.... secondly its not even 10am Pacific yet so this isn't in any way associated with this mornings instability nor lack of information.  They really do suffer from lack of customer information at Sony.  Yes I am sure they are scrambling around trying to fix the issues, however you can't tell me that one of their CSR's cant pop on the website and post an update, the servers were not slated to come down today.
Gnevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #40
Jahiah

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:
I'm sorry but the EQ2Players (a WEB SITE) downtime has nothing to do with what is happening on the EQ2 play servers (proprietary software). The times aren't even close. EQ2Players is scheduled to go down an hour from now, not 2 hours ago.

woot!  i get to agree 100% with someone again /happy dance!

and if they DO have anything to do with each other....i'd strongly advise someone in charge over there to maybe separate them...quicklike...bad idea totally!

on another note, seems like more and more and more servers are getting added to the whoops list as time goes on, instead of some being removed, doesn't bode well for us /sob

edit:  yes would SO love any kind of update or info or something, anything on what/when from an official type too!

Old 11-07-2007, 02:33 PM   #41
Maroger

Loremaster

And where pray tell is that Customer Service Manager or CUstomer Relations Manager or whatever he calls himself? You sould think that he would hop to it and give us some explanation as to why there is a 2nd down time!!SMILEY
Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:33 PM   #42
Mins

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
feldon30 wrote:

woot!  i get to agree 100% with someone again /happy dance!

and if they DO have anything to do with each other....i'd strongly advise someone in charge over there to maybe separate them...quicklike...bad idea totally!

on another note, seems like more and more and more servers are getting added to the whoops list as time goes on, instead of some being removed, doesn't bode well for us /sob

edit:  yes would SO love any kind of update or info or something, anything on what/when from an official type too!

*hands Jahiah a big cookie...*goes back to eating lunch... and pretending to work....
Mins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #43
Xzerius

Loremaster

I dunno, this is pretty typical to me.  They reset the servers almost everyday, sometimes without notice and I rarely see any update notes about it afterwards.  Wasn't the server down yesterday for over an hour? No notes on why or what changed.  Even today the server was down for over an hour and when it came back up no notes once again.  They may as well get rid of that silly button. Once I was able to log in again today I played about 15 minutes after dodging the attack of a ranger then poof, the server crashed, and again, still no notes.  This was almost an hour ago. This is always the way it has been, it is nothing new. It will only worsen the closer we get to the release of the expansion and it will remain for a few days following. 
Xzerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #44
Xelphneigh

Loremaster

Gnevil wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Not to burst your bubble, but first this is for the players website not anything to do with the game servers.... secondly its not even 10am Pacific yet so this isn't in any way associated with this mornings instability nor lack of information.  They really do suffer from lack of customer information at Sony.  Yes I am sure they are scrambling around trying to fix the issues, however you can't tell me that one of their CSR's cant pop on the website and post an update, the servers were not slated to come down today.
No bursting needed.  Yes it wasn't supposed to be for the game servers but being online since 8am EST on Nagafen I received NO LESS than I swear 12 system broadcasts, on all channels, servers were coming down for brief update @ 7am PDT (10am EST).While I agree it shouldn't have anything to do with the EQ2Players update it obviously does, we all know that.  Server's are re-appearing on the outage page because I'm sure something is wrong and they are rolling back.  Quite honestly we know they have issues, we know the issues are keeping us from playing and I for one would rather have them fix the issue than spend time trying to relate the technical details to me every 5 mins.I'm from the service based IT industry so I know how these work as well the complaints from the user base.  No one there is doing it on purpose and NO they didn't mean to interrupt your game play but as I see it I was well informed of the outage prior, it's just taking longer than normal.Enough said, I'm not one to [Removed for Content] so I'll go silent and just wait...
Xelphneigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #45
Ceeyia
Server: Najena
Guild: Nefarious

Loremaster

Metisha wrote:

All servers are up except forButcherblockKithicor (is locked) Unrest (is locked) Antonia Bayle (is locked)

Seem these 4 are having a problem..... too bad mine is one of the 4.

Two of them are mine... and the third that I play on just went down. SMILEY

Ceeyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #46
Jahiah

Loremaster

Mins wrote:
*hands Jahiah a big cookie...*goes back to eating lunch... and pretending to work....

ironically i just ate a big huge soft Breakfast cookie!  /giggle

and Xzerius:  it WAS typical in the past to have server downtime with no warning, no update, no info at all.  but as i said before, they've been VERY good at keeping us up to date as of late.  to have today like it's going so far, just a big let down to those of us that really appreciate them giving us the info ASAP and most of the time well in advance of the downtime.

so, kudos for keeping us informed before this and i'm still givin em a free day, slack off a bit, inform us a little late, no biggie, just make sure you keep the info as up to date and ASAP in the future!

Old 11-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #47
S1lence

Loremaster

YAY once again I was on long enough to buy and Xmute 4p worth of items...Who wants to place odds on whether the infusions and powders are there when it comes back up? Since I lost 6p the other day I wouldnt be surprised SMILEYNice notice Sony...Thanks again
S1lence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #48
feldon30

Fansite Staff

So are they up for real this time?
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #49
SweetSynergy

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Gnevil wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
No bursting needed.  Yes it wasn't supposed to be for the game servers but being online since 8am EST on Nagafen I received NO LESS than I swear 12 system broadcasts, on all channels, servers were coming down for brief update @ 7am PDT (10am EST).While I agree it shouldn't have anything to do with the EQ2Players update it obviously does, we all know that.  Server's are re-appearing on the outage page because I'm sure something is wrong and they are rolling back.  Quite honestly we know they have issues, we know the issues are keeping us from playing and I for one would rather have them fix the issue than spend time trying to relate the technical details to me every 5 mins.I'm from the service based IT industry so I know how these work as well the complaints from the user base.  No one there is doing it on purpose and NO they didn't mean to interrupt your game play but as I see it I was well informed of the outage prior, it's just taking longer than normal.Enough said, I'm not one to [I cannot control my vocabulary] so I'll go silent and just wait...

Were you also informed about the 2nd down time?

Of course there is something wrong. No one is refuting that.  Most are asking why there is a 2nd downtime without any notification or any feedback as to why.

As a service based IT, you of all people should know that information of things like this keeps them happy for the most part.

While this is a game and most people dont go as far as cancelling because of situations like this,  if you are going to  use your real life experiences then  you should know not informing customers of stuff like this only makes a company  look unprofessional.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:54 PM   #50
S1lence

Loremaster

YEP! Thanks once again Sony...Plat missing off of char, and the Xmuting products are missing out of bags once again. No notice of server drop cost me a total of 10p in 2 days in Xmuted products. Like you really care though. Bad thing when you cant trust the stability of the servers to assure you will get to keep what you craft and buy. Nice example

But the servers are back up once again so I wouldnt be surprised to see this whole thread disappear now...

S1lence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #51
KKLSTARR

Loremaster

S1lence wrote:

YEP! Thanks once again Sony...Plat missing off of char, and the Xmuting products are missing out of bags once again. No notice of server drop cost me a total of 10p in 2 days in Xmuted products. Like you really care though. Bad thing when you cant trust the stability of the servers to assure you will get to keep what you craft and buy. Nice example

But the servers are back up once again so I wouldnt be surprised to see this whole thread disappear now...

Did you not petition it or something ? They will reimburse you the items..... just takes a few seconds on your part.

And I know this because I transmuted something I shouldnt have. Simply petitioned , explained it. Within 6 hrs , I had a response and the item back.

KKLSTARR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #52
re1master

Loremaster

Just got back on after second shut down.....and got kicked again, third shut down inc.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #53
Nadia_EQ2

Loremaster

yep - just got kicked for 3rd time
Nadia_EQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #54
BoriKitty

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
S1lence wrote:

Did you not petition it or something ? They will reimburse you the items..... just takes a few seconds on your part.

And I know this because I transmuted something I shouldnt have. Simply petitioned , explained it. Within 6 hrs , I had a response and the item back.

THAT is not true.  I haven't gotten anything back when I lost things...
Old 11-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #55
Killerbee3000

Loremaster

BoriKitty wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
S1lence wrote:

THAT is not true.  I haven't gotten anything back when I lost things...

they are also not talking about the same situation... one is talking about a accident transmute the other about a item lost due to server down.

besides that, it heavily depends on what gm you get...

Killerbee3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #56
Gnevil

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Gnevil wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
No bursting needed.  Yes it wasn't supposed to be for the game servers but being online since 8am EST on Nagafen I received NO LESS than I swear 12 system broadcasts, on all channels, servers were coming down for brief update @ 7am PDT (10am EST).While I agree it shouldn't have anything to do with the EQ2Players update it obviously does, we all know that.  Server's are re-appearing on the outage page because I'm sure something is wrong and they are rolling back.  Quite honestly we know they have issues, we know the issues are keeping us from playing and I for one would rather have them fix the issue than spend time trying to relate the technical details to me every 5 mins.I'm from the service based IT industry so I know how these work as well the complaints from the user base.  No one there is doing it on purpose and NO they didn't mean to interrupt your game play but as I see it I was well informed of the outage prior, it's just taking longer than normal.Enough said, I'm not one to [I cannot control my vocabulary] so I'll go silent and just wait...
How to put this in non insulting terms for the IT professional that decided he knew it all because hes a gasp ""IT PROFESSIONAL""This had nothing to do with the players.com update scheduled for today.  These systems run independent of each other on totally separate server clusters.  Further do you honestly believe that the CSR's that respond to customer complaint are the actual IT Professionals that resolve the Hardware/Software based issues that arrise?  Please if you do then post your company you work for so I can never do business with you, if I as an engineer at my company charged with supporting all our On Air, Production, Post Production and Field Based Production didn't iniate a chain of information for our client base, I would be summarily dismissed.  Posting that the servers are going down at 7am Pacific is not that hard, pretty sure someone somewhere at Sony Headquarters in San Diego could have posted this prior to it occuring.  The second one, obviously they didn't fix what they were aiming at the first time and that's understandable.  But not letting your player base know you are taking servers down at such and such a time is not acceptable, sorry it's really not that tough.  Many of us check the server page the night before to arrange our schedules accordingly.  As I stated before I work evenings and I raid at 6am Pacific, so one of my nightly routines is to check the server status page for any notes regarding Server Downtime.  If it had been posted, I get an extra two hours of sleep.  If not then I am up at 530am and logging in to be ready for my guilds raids.Do us all a favor don't come here and be the high and mighty IT guy, it doesn't hold any weight.... If you want to support Sony thats fine hey everyone gets an opinion, but don't justify the lack of information simply because your say wouldn't you rather they be fixing it then holding our hand, or hey it was posted cause the Player site was scheduled to go down at 10am this morning.Your LOGIC lacks!
Gnevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:10 PM   #57
Ama

General

Ok now i'm POed and want some answers.  Saw the updated list and it said servers were back up except for test.  Log on and Kithicor is down with me missing 6-7 toons. 
Old 11-07-2007, 03:13 PM   #58
BoriKitty

Loremaster

Killerbee3000 wrote:
they are also not talking about the same situation... one is talking about a accident transmute the other about a item lost due to server down.

besides that, it heavily depends on what gm you get...

Oh I've been f'ed over by GM's and downtimes before.  Took me a month to get to 350 tinkering because of unscheduled downtimes and the infamous roll back.  I've lost track how much plat I've lost including items that were never returned because it didn't show up in their log.. wait.. it was destroyed because of the roll back.. Yeah.. depends on the GM.. I've had 5 of them already tell me "sucks to be you" (paraphrased..) how many are there?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:13 PM   #59
Hollyf
Server: Blackburrow
Guild: Guardians of the Light

General

Amana wrote:
Ok now i'm POed and want some answers.  Saw the updated list and it said servers were back up except for test.  Log on and Kithicor is down with me missing 6-7 toons. 
GASP ! ! !
Hollyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #60
Deadey

Loremaster

Lol just noticed mine are gone as well this should make for an insteresting day.
Deadey is offline   Reply With Quote