EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > General Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Mookachooka

Loremaster

Afternoon/Evening All,

This Issue I have been receiving is with the /Beta copy command - copied across 3 toons with the Beta button on the character select screen and they appeared within 5 - 10 seconds on the beta server. The 4th toon, My Main seams to refuse to want to copy across - so reading the copy message it says contact customer support if your character does not appear - the reply I got back was nothing to do with us - post on the beta forums. So here I am asking for some kind soul to point me in the direction of help please SMILEY

~Mooka of AB

Mookachooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
Reodall

Loremaster

Well you're ahead of me, it won't let me copy.   I have the button on the char select screen but it does nothing.  In game it says it's not allowed.  No beta for me.

Reodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
Zaathaan

Loremaster

About same prob here : All my characters were duplicated to the beta server, except.... my main. The beta copy button works fine and says that a request has been sent, but ... no character on my beta account !

/petition returned with this " Unfortunately we are unable to assist you with your issue, as customer service has no control over the character copy process. If you were successful with a previous character, I would suggest trying to copy that character again. "

Zaathaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Pugzilla

Loremaster

I also am unable to get my main character (actually, the only one I've tried to copy) to copy to the beta server. I have tried several times with both the beta button and /beta command. I can make new toons on the beta server as that is often suggested as a possible solution but no copy ever shows on the selector. Any help with this is greatly appreciated especially since regular game GM's are unable to assist with beta issues.

Pugzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
Terrogaunt

Developer

I put contact customer service because I was hoping they'd look at the reason, if one was logged out. I'll remove that line lol.

It looks like the server that was handling that had a hiccup. If you still can't copy your characters by the next time beta is updated, let us know again.

Thanks!

Terrogaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
Elinea

Loremaster

Will the next update be sometime tonight or not until tomorrow? My husband won't keep trying tonight if the next update is tomorrow.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #7
Terrogaunt

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

Will the next update be sometime tonight or not until tomorrow? My husband won't keep trying tonight if the next update is tomorrow.

I can't make any promises, but I think it might happen tomorrow.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #8
Elinea

Loremaster

Thank you, he'll try sometime tomorrow SMILEY

Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #9
Seablade
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Legion of Righteous Power

Loremaster

I'm having the exact same problem as well.  My main character won't copy.

Seablade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #10
Novusod

Loremaster

Been tying to get copied over all day. Was hoping it would fix itself somehow but alas it has not. This a real problem that actually needs to be looked into because thing is bugged.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #11
Seablade
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Legion of Righteous Power

Loremaster

I tried another character to see, and it won't beta copy either.  I'm using the beta copy button located on the character screen.

Seablade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #12
huhahee

Loremaster

Why is the reply so kittens and cupcakes as to the reason for the beta copy to not work. Also the answer "well try it again when the beta server gets updated" I thought that the new beta server you can make changes to the code live with out updates. What happened?

huhahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
feldon30

Fansite Staff

huhahee wrote:

Why is the reply so kittens and cupcakes as to the reason for the beta copy to not work. Also the answer "well try it again when the beta server gets updated" I thought that the new beta server you can make changes to the code live with out updates. What happened?

If you zone into an instance (solo, group, or raid), and you encounter a problem with the zone, a dev could potentially come in and fix the problem FOR THAT ZONE and then you can continue running it. This way, an entire dungeon or raid zone can be tested and bugfixed in 1 night even if there were all kinds of roadblocks and show-stopping bugs that would have normally ended a testing session.

Devs then collect all their bug fixes and put them into the queue to roll out to the Beta server the next morning or afternoon.

Last year, I would have been really concerned about a 3 week beta for 9 dungeons and 3 raids. After hearing how quickly Sleeper's Tomb was fully tested and bug fixed, I'm not worried at all.

Alas, the issue in this thread was a code issue on the Beta server itself, not inside a dungeon, and devs cannot make changes to the actual codebase. Yet.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
Jezes
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Equilibrium

Loremaster

I managed to do a copy 2 days ago, but now when I try to do newer versions of it, and on different toons it's not working. Tried since yesterday.

Pretty please fix it, I want to test stuff SMILEY

Jezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #15
Aotulan
Server: Guk
Guild: Guardians of Valor

Loremaster

SOE and EQ2 are essentially loosing out on alot of potential tester by not fixing this issue. Been trying for 2 days now to beta copy, no luck.
Aotulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #16
Mookachooka

Loremaster

After seeing the server message about beta copy working again and also checking the forums I decided to try the Beta button on the Live servers char select screen to Transfer Mookachooka over from AB - and still no dice... tells me Character has been submitted for transfer. Checking Beta and still no main.. Some kind assistance would be appriciated thank you SMILEY

~Mooka of AB

Mookachooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:09 AM   #17
Gladiolus

Loremaster

I've been able to copy characters from Freeport, Guk and Crushbone, and by the time I log out from Live and onto Beta they're there.

Those I copied from Splitpaw have never arrived. I first copied them yesterday then I tried again about half an hour ago, still not there.

Gladiolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #18
Coilean

Loremaster

Tried it with all my toons, some with beta button & some with ingame command. Still no Copy completed. :/

Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #19
isest

Loremaster

Beta copy is still not working. I been trying for 2 days to get my toons copied from Guk to beta. I even tried what we had to do in last beta by creating a new toon then looging out and back in.  Still nothing.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #20
whest156

Loremaster

Still not working

whest156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #21
Sharann
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Order of the Guiding Light

Loremaster

Hum it seems there are several posts on the same topic so I'll post here as well

I confirm it's no working today. Tried with several toons, to no avail.

Please let us know when this will be fixed.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #22
Gladiolus

Loremaster

All mine, on different accounts, were done with the BetaCopy button on the character selection screen. Those on various American servers were on Beta in seconds, those on Splitpaw have never arrived, despite me having tried several times over the last few hours.

Gladiolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #23
Ghetoob

Lord

I am having the same issues for past three days. Using the Beta copy button or /beta, I get message from each character that it has been submitted then a mesage saying existing character will be replaced with the new copy and nothing ever happens. Tried making a new character and that character is three but none of the other characters ever show up.  Any ETA on fixing this? Thanks

Ghetoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #24
Sharann
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Order of the Guiding Light

Loremaster

Gladiolus wrote:

All mine, on different accounts, were done with the BetaCopy button on the character selection screen. Those on various American servers were on Beta in seconds, those on Splitpaw have never arrived, despite me having tried several times over the last few hours.

Interesting. As I am indeed on Splitpaw and unable to copy.

*Update*

I tried to copy a US char but it's not working either.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #25
jAsOnX_Guk

Loremaster

On Splitpaw. 

Copy not working.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #26
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

Not working for me either.  On the first day of beta, I was able to get my main copied over, but today I tried both the beta copy button from char select and the /beta command within the game to get Tylia copied over.  When I logged in to beta after each attempt, she is not showing on the character list.

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #27
Buggabug

Loremaster

Toons not copying for me either, mine are on freeport. I'm in the UK though, wondering could be related to accounts located outside the US?

Buggabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #28
Ladyazure

Loremaster

I'm in the US working with a toon from the test server that copied over on Monday.  But I had to resend him yesterday.  He still hasn't shown up.  SMILEY

Ladyazure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #29
Terrogaunt

Developer

Looks like we just need to restart one of the processes on the Beta server now that we'd patched live. Go ahead and give it a shot again

Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #30
Darlordofthesith8969

Loremaster

awesome fail have tried the /beta command and the button at logging nothing after 2 days and heres what makes it even better rolled a fresh toon a SK like one of my main toons and finally got the beta buff mail after a day now.

Now for the best part the prelude unexpected consequences will not let me gather the wracked souls after  get them to below 50% so that I can have a play around and do the new quests..............AWESOME FAIL SOE. Starting to remember why I left the game.

Darlordofthesith8969 is offline   Reply With Quote