EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Kaitheel

Dev

Nights of the Dead 2012 has been activated on Test and Beta!Nights of the Dead once again brings goblins and ghoulies out from the shadows. Those inclined to celebrate the holiday through crafting will find a new book of recipes full of new house items being sold by official event merchants. And those feeling more adventurous can hunt ghosts in Antonica, and the Commonlands, or investigate the multiple haunted locations! But be wary of the strange illness that has been reported near the docks in Nektulos Forest and of the headless guardsman that has been rumored to wander the paths of the forest, too!  New Features for '12!

• New Ghost Hunter competitions in Commonlands and Antonica!
  • New version of the “Nights of the Dead Devotee” quest rewards a dedicated jack-o-lantern pet!
  • Added "Nights of the Dead treats" (candy) to drop as loot from Skyshrine, Withered Lands, Qeynos and Freeport undead and creepy crawlie beasts. It can either be sold to merchant for coin, or be used in tradeskilling.
  • New illusions added to the Gigglegibber Goblin unpredictable illusion costume.
  • New costume illusions available from holiday merchants.
  • New rewards for some of the old Nights of the Dead Events!
    • "The Haunting" (Repeatable daily) – New reward choice: bristly spinner
    • "This Won't End Well..." (Repeatable annually) – New reward choice: Ghoulish Night Banner
    • "There Will Be Ghosts"  (Repeatable) – New reward choice: carrion beetle
    • "A Nightmarish Return"  (Repeatable) – New reward choice: Hollow Banner of the Hedge
    • "Train to Zone!"  (Repeatable daily) – New reward choices: Scare Crow & Cave Spider Plushie
    • "Survive the Night"  (Repeatable annually) - New reward choice: Moldering Mummy Wrap armor set
  • New house items sold by Nights of the Dead Merchant.
  • New holiday recipe book "Celebrations of the Dead V" available from holiday merchants.

Returning features:

• Haunted house in Qeynos and Freeport.
  • Ponchy's quest line in Antonica.
  • Decorations in Qeynos, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Darklight Wood, Gorowyn, Gnomeland Security in Steamfont, New Halas, Maj'Dul and Thurgadin Harbor in Great Divide.
  • Nights of the Dead celebrators in the player cities that give the background to the festivities.
  • Gigglegibber Goblins in the player cities that cast illusion costumes on players.
  • Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains that is accessible by all cities and by all levels of players.
  • Headless Horseman Epic X2 Event in Nektulos Forest.
  • vampire lore and Legend book attainable within the Loping Plains Haunted Mansion.
  • Undead and creepy crawlie beasts drop "Nights of the Dead treats" (candy) as loot. It can either be exchanged for event coin, sold to merchants for coin, or used in tradeskilling.
  • Tradeskillers get to create holiday flavored clothing and house items using the "Nights of the Dead treats" as ingredients.
  • Players can purchase costume illusions from holiday merchants.
  • Neriak has some decorations at the docks, New Foreign Quarter & tradeskill area. They are smashable jack-o-lanterns and pumpkins. This is the only zone that has them!
  • Haunted Hedgemaze Zone in Nektulos Forest! Accessible by all cities and by all levels of players.
  • The “Survive the Night” quest, featuring the flora versus undead zone, offered by Setri Lur'eth in Nektulos Forest.
  • Holiday collection "The Hollow Hedge Collection" found within the Haunted Hedgemaze.
  • Triggered skeletons (a calcified skeleton) in Nektulos Forest spawn at player's level and have a 50% chance of dropping NoTD treats.
  • In-game mail to inform everyone of the event! (and contains the Nights of the Dead Devotee quest offer item.)

This event content is currently set to run 10/11/12 through 11/05/12 on the live servers.Please assemble any feedback and bugs that you may find in this thread.  Thank you, everyone!~Kaitheel

Old 09-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
Dexella

Community Relations

*more super excited cartwheels around the office from Dexella!*

Thanks, Kaitheel! Can't wait to hear what y'all think of it on test! 

Community Relations Manager
Dexella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

no new quests or wing types? disapointed... bleh.

bone wings would have been perfict.

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

Altius was buried under the dock when i went back for my first update. I had a groupmate running it with me as well, and i think when she went under the dock and talked to him, he popped back up on the dock for me.

ArtemisClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Beta is going down for a patch, so I wasn't able to eyeball all the crafted stuff after I made it, but the "jug of caustic poison" had no graphic pre-patch.  Will check it again after the patch.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

NiamiDenMother wrote:

Beta is going down for a patch, so I wasn't able to eyeball all the crafted stuff after I made it, but the "jug of caustic poison" had no graphic pre-patch.  Will check it again after the patch.

the patch is to address toons being dropped in random zones when using the button from char select screen on test, and often dying when entering world, according to update notes. 

Old 09-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
Absyntheea
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Lost Boys

Loremaster

Thank you for replacing the trick or treating with a race. Please make the ghosts make a noise of some kind when you hit them. A scream or a laugh.. anything. Maybe the scarecrow laugh or the OW!. The silence is not fun.

I too am slightly dissappointed by the lack of flying mount for NOTD..

Absyntheea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #8
Ashlie
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Order of Concord

Loremaster

Have the NotD merchant and Treat Trader been taken out of Qeynos? I ran all over the place and could not find them. I finally had to go look in Halas. This would be a first. I've always gone to Qeynos and/or Freeport to buy my recipes and items or trade in my treats.

Edit:

Ok after relogging I was finally able to see both of them at the Ironforge Exchange again.

Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #9
Finora

Tester

I must say I am pretty happy with how the new items I've seen so far look.

I am particularly pleased that we got a costume crate with appearance gear.

Now, I have found a weird bug with that armor crate though. On most of my accounts, I can view the crate no problem (looks good by the way). However, whenever I try to view it on two other accounts I get a screeching noise as the dressing room window pops open then the game crashes to desktop. It happens on those accounts no matter which character I log in. It doesn't matter if I have that account logged in by itself or if I'm running multiple accounts. Every time.

In all instances the accounts experiencing the bug are on the same computer, with the same settings, from the same installation of the game as the accounts that are not being affected by the bug.

***update*** 

All of this was looking at the item in the dressing room. Upon actually completing the quest and getting the item on my main account, I crash out on that one as well.

**second update**

When the character who completed the quest for the item attempts to equip the armor, I crash to desktop. Didn't even try to look at it in the dressing room this time.

And apparently since I have the item & equipped a piece, I can't even log onto that account at this time. It crashes back to desktop before getting to character select.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #10
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

there are other folks testing this on beta at the moment and saying the new appearance gear and especially the mummy stuff is crashing them to the desktop, and when previewing it. it previewed on garanell my dwarf that uses the old character model just fine. i havent picked that reward just yet or tested if it will crash with other character models.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #11
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Oddness with "Ghost Hunter: Antonica"

Leaderboard is not updating with winning times

If you pick up the quest but do not complete it:

Quest shows on the lefthand side of the quest journal, but cannot be highlighted and deleted from the journal after zoning out of Antonica (I zoned to check the CL leaderboard).

While said buggy quest shows in my journal, the quest NPC shows a feather over his head when I return to Antonica, and he offers the quest to me again.  (Still cannot highlight it to delete it, and it no longer displays in the Quest Tracker.)

Running the quest *does* successfully delete the quest from my journal.

The Commonlands version does not seem to have these issues, and has a happy leaderboard.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #12
Cloudrat

Tester

Wow nice work!  I don't know if I will make it through to get all the new rewards hehe

I made all the craftables and put them on display in HoT guildhall in Gorowyn, but the Caustic poison doesnt seem to have a graphic when I place it hehe.  I can place it and get it off the door collect  an item but there is nothing there when I do hehe

Oh yeah I too crash if I try to view the moldering armor.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:00 AM   #13
Ashlie
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Order of Concord

Loremaster

NiamiDenMother wrote:

Oddness with "Ghost Hunter: Antonica"

Leaderboard is not updating with winning times

I noticed this too when I was running the race. Though after my third race, I did finally see my name on the board once.

The other thing is the ghosts don't appear until slightly after the race starts. I liked how with the Erollisi race, the hearts appeard just before the timer started. Is it possible to make that happen with this race too?

Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:04 AM   #14
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Love the new house items, and for those on Beta instead of Test, there's a large home under /house_ratings with the new NoTD craftables, as well as the new quested house items.

For the record, I'm not a fan of house pet rewards, since there's no perma-leash option for the durn things.  They're constantly roaming where they shouldn't and can make decorating a pain.  Would it be possible, going forward, to consider having an examine option on new house pets that converts them to a house plushie?  (Much like mounts can be converted to house items.)  I really would like to be able to staple that lovely carrion beetle to the floor, as the Stay option only works for a couple minutes before he's off again.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #15
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Glad I was still around for that bit of testing.

First request: could the previous years rewards for devotee be added to the merchant or as a choice of reward?

I fully support the request made by Niami above. Please, could we turn pets into plushies? *bats eyes* *crafts glowing orange cookies*

Crafted stuffSame problem as above with the "jug of caustic poison": no preview, no graphic when placed.

It all looks awesome, congrats.

All crafted house items can be found on Test, published under "Live event - NOTD 2012", Qeynos Opera House of Leucosia.

Survive the NightThe quest mobs are not scaling for chars level 91+. I'm 92 but all mobs but Dolly where 90. I think it should stay as it is. Tweaking it now wouldn't add much value to the quest (it's already boring, no need to make it hard on top of that) as the mobs inside don't award xp. It can wait for next year and the new decap.

moldering mummy armorI unpacked the crate and checked every piece. It's the Moldering Mummy Chest Wraps that trigger the crash to desktop.

Night of the Dead DevoteeDedicated Jack-o-Lantern text says "summon an Eerie Essence (...)". It's the text from the pumpkin king quest reward "eerie essence"

Ghost Hunter raceBoth races: You're not teleported back to starting point in Antonica or CommonlandsThere is no way of seeing the rules once more if you mlissed them (no option on gob nor on panel)The reward " a snarling werewolf mask" that was a Big prize is missing in the list (I did 112 then 125)

In Antonica and Commonlands, I sometimes had all the blue ghosts disappearing suddenly all at the same time while only the green remained. It happened several times while I was approaching a blue ghost and said ghost didn't update but disappeared. The yellow ghosts remained when this happened and catching one made the blue ghosts come back.It seems to happen when you reach the ghost while he's going back down into the earth? -> EDIT: ok, forget it, it's a feature as explained by Niami. We desperatedly need to reach the rules after they disappeared!

Commonlands Race:I made it to the top ghost hunter panel without problems each time in Antonica. The pannel stayed stuck with 0 ghosts on all lines and no name in Commonlands until I made a 76. It's weird.

Tresholds and titles:Ghost Hunter: Antonica - Title for 5 runs: Apparition Abolisher (prefix)Ghost Hunter:  Commonlands - Title for 5 runs:  Ectonaut (prefix)Rewards:Small Prizes - 1-35 Points- a cat mask- a goblin mask- 1 Candy Corn

Medium Prizes - 36 to 54 Points- a black mask- a hatchet mask- a nightblood mask- 2 Candy CornBig Prizes - 55-89 Points- All of the small prizes-  an amygdalan mask- a cursed skeleton mask-  an infernal skeleton mask(-  a snarling werewolf mask - missing)- 2 Candy CornGrand Prizes - 90+ Points- All of the small and big prizes- a sinister scarecrow mask- Zombiebane- Trusty Pitchfork- 5 Candy Corn

Thanks for the scare crow and evil pitchfork! You're the best Kaitheel!

EDIT: all house items rewards are now on show in "Live Event - NotD 2012", medium houses on leaderboards (soon back on Hall of Fame). Opera house, Qeynos, under Leucosia.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #16
Chikkin

Tester

it's not just chest mummy wrap that causes crashes

sometimes it's chest, sometimes legs, sometimes the whole crate crashes me, sometimes I don't crash at all but looking at it in preview or in character window freezes me for 10-15 seconds

I was running around with it equipped in appearance for a couple hours and I was fine until I was tempted to look at previews lol

probably best to avoid previewing it at all even in character window, which might be hard since we look at character window to reach other tabs than just the ones displaying ourselves

Chikkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
Carryne

Loremaster

Quest - Survive the Night from Setri Lur'eth

I tried to preview the Moldering Mummy Wrap Crate twice and both times got a crash to the desktop.

Carryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #18
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

[email protected] wrote:

Ghost Hunter race

In Antonica and Commonlands, I sometimes had all the blue ghosts disappearing suddenly all at the same time while only the green remained. It happened several times while I was approaching a blue ghost and said ghost didn't update but disappeared. The yellow ghosts remained when this happened and catching one made the blue ghosts come back.

It seems to happen when you reach the ghost while he's going back down into the earth?

What you're missing in the rules that you didn't see and you couldn't get again is that the yellow ones give you a short-duration vision buff that allows you to see the special blue ones.  That's why the blue disappeared on you now and then.

My problem is that the green and yellow ones are a bit of a pain for me to see - they're small enough, and the colors match the snakes and beetles in the area well enough that you just start seeing little bits of green and orange everywhere and racing towards the wrong thing.  I blame it on tired old eyes, though I'd not mind a slight size increase on the skulls.  SMILEY

Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #19
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Oh my... Ok, thanks Niami. I got the race shortly before the end of the timer and stopped reading at "sometime you'll see yellow ghosts ...". It's mainly why I tried to get the instructions a second time after seeing this weird thing happening with the blue ghosts. My intuition was right, I had missed important infos!

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #20
Cloudrat

Tester

Ok I give up hehe   I put the moldering armor on a mannequin to display it and figured since it showed up I could put it on cloudrat.  I tried to drag chest to appearance slot and crashed and now can't come back into game with her.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #21
Finora

Tester

Cloudrat wrote:

Ok I give up hehe   I put the moldering armor on a mannequin to display it and figured since it showed up I could put it on cloudrat.  I tried to drag chest to appearance slot and crashed and now can't come back into game with her.

Yup. I still can't even log in on the account with Finora (who equipped some pieces yesterday).

Here's hoping they get that bug fixed soon.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #22
Calthine

ZAM EQII

I think I'll wait another day SMILEY

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #23
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

NiamiDenMother wrote:

Love the new house items, and for those on Beta instead of Test, there's a large home under /house_ratings with the new NoTD craftables, as well as the new quested house items.

For the record, I'm not a fan of house pet rewards, since there's no perma-leash option for the durn things.  They're constantly roaming where they shouldn't and can make decorating a pain.  Would it be possible, going forward, to consider having an examine option on new house pets that converts them to a house plushie?  (Much like mounts can be converted to house items.)  I really would like to be able to staple that lovely carrion beetle to the floor, as the Stay option only works for a couple minutes before he's off again.

Yes, PLEASE let us convert them to house plushies?  Alternately, give house pets the same placement/movement options as mobs in the dungeons?  Being able to set them to stand, patrol, or wander would be fabulous - especially if you could keep the wandering in the same room the way the dungeon mobs do it.

I was about to run onto Test to see what the mummy wrap armor looks like, but I think I'm going to wait on that one...

Add my vote to putting previous year Devotee rewards on holiday merchants, and not just for NotD please?

No flying mount?  There has to be a flying mount!  Lessee... bat wings are already on the marketplace... How about the old ghost horse model that didn't have tack, that used to be sold in the dismal rage hq?  I always liked that one more than the one with saddle and bridle.  Or a ghost pegasus?  Or a "mount" that gives us a ghost or wraith illusion and lets us fly without a visible means of support?

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #24
Britefire

Loremaster

Loveing the new rewards so far!  One thing though, whatever you have to do to fix the moldering mummy wraps set, don't change the appearance! That set is, in my opinion, one of the coolest sets added to the game in a long time!

Also, is trick-or-treating still there?

Britefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #25
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

Getting dumped wherever you are at the end of the ghost race is a BIG problem in Antonica, due to that PQ in the farm fields.  Many, many lower levels will die at the end of race if it isn't fixed to where we get teleported back to start point at the end!  Remember, those gnolls aggro from a long distance away, and chase you VERY far.  By the time some players get back to the quest giver, it may be too late to get the rewards from the quest!

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #26
Britefire

Loremaster

Is the snarling werewolf still missing?

Britefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #27
Cloudrat

Tester

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Is the snarling werewolf still missing?

If you mean the mask, I got one of those from the ghost hunters race.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #28
Kaitheel

Dev

Thank you all for the timely feedback!  Thankfully, we've got some great bug fixes, and changes coming your way.

• Dedicated Jack-o-Lantern description now says, "This spell will summon a Dedicated Jack-o-Lantern..."
  • Survive the Night - The quest mobs now scale up to level 100.
  • Ghost Hunter - The size of the Green and yellow ghosts have been increased.
  • Ghost Hunter - The Green and yellow ghosts appear sooner.
  • Ghost Hunter - Player is now teleported back to the quest giver when their time to collect ghosts is up.
  • Mummy Wrap armor should no longer cause female models to crash.

I am not sure when these bug fixes will be on Test and Beta (we hope tomorrow), but when they are, they should be listed in the update notes.

There's more to polish and resolve, but I wanted to let you know of what's been tended to, so far!

Thank you!

~Kaitheel

Old 09-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #29
brokenshieldd

Augur

Nice job so far. But there is a couple things missing For one there is no Recipe books that has building blocks for night of the dead. All the other holidays have has them so far but NOD why? And second there is no flying mount what you can win or buy with candy =(

ohh PS I really hope Frostfell has recipe books that has Building blocks in them

brokenshieldd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #30
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Thanks Kaitheel!

Another *tiny* niggly is that the "dedicated jack-o-lantern" summon shows up as the only thing in my beastlord's "spells" tab, when all her other fluff pet summon spells (pack pony, bonded drakkel pup, etc.) show up in the "abilities" tab