EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Look and Feel
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
Leawyn

Loremaster

Can't even tell you how annoying it is to have to go from character to character to find the one that happened to loot the one War Rune that I want. Its bad enough that there isn't an easy way to get to the person that sells them, but even more annoying is that once you get there, there is absolutely NO way to tell if you have a war rune unlocked until you click the Buy button. PLEASE grey out war runes that are not unlocked for a character, so I don't have to hold my breath every time I click buy to see if my character roulette won that time around.

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
kdmorse

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

PLEASE grey out war runes that are not unlocked for a character, so I don't have to hold my breath every time I click buy to see if my character roulette won that time around.

Seconded.

Not that I have enough unlocked for it to matter, my list fits on a relativly small post-it note.  But there's no excuse for there being no indicator (greyed out name, red requirement text, etc..) in the merchant window of which runs are purchasable and which are not.

kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
Zergosch

Loremaster

I hope they put up a second box to check " Purchaseable Runes" or something like that.

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

getting to the rune person is easy if you've done the entire teleport pad line.

wizard spire to EW, griffon to Kael zone in....run up the stairs, zone into Kael contested, take the teleporter right next to the zone in point to the War rune seller.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #5
Hennyo

Loremaster

Zergosch wrote:

I hope they put up a second box to check " Purchaseable Runes" or something like that.

This is a change that should have been made awhile ago, but stuf gets overlooked. It happens, but now that it has been brought up, could this please be done?

Hennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Hennyo wrote:

Zergosch wrote:

This is a change that should have been made awhile ago, but stuf gets overlooked. It happens, but now that it has been brought up, could this please be done?

This is a change that would have been made 18 months ago if anyone at SoE still really played this game.  They don't realize its needed, cause they simply don't play the game as we do.

You should be able to see in the examine window of the war rune package if you already have it or not, so examining any war rune link would immediately tell you if you have it unlocked.   Just like how when you look at a shiney you immediately know if you have that one or not.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #7
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

Can't even tell you how annoying it is to have to go from character to character to find the one that happened to loot the one War Rune that I want. Its bad enough that there isn't an easy way to get to the person that sells them, but even more annoying is that once you get there, there is absolutely NO way to tell if you have a war rune unlocked until you click the Buy button. PLEASE grey out war runes that are not unlocked for a character, so I don't have to hold my breath every time I click buy to see if my character roulette won that time around.

Greying out runes, which are not purchasable by the character, is long, long overdue.Alternatively,SOE could add a "War Runes" tab to the Character Window. Perhaps add sub-sections to an existing category (eg: Passive Effects, or Currency, or Stats). Some sub-categories that would be useful in such a section include : "Drop Activated War Runes" - "Faction War Runes" - "Public Quest Runes", allowing players to view runes sorted by the source. If we do not have access to purchase a rune, the name could be written in a dark shade of grey. And beside each rune name could be a red/yellow slot, indicating if the rune comes as a red, yellow, or both. Including shading of the red/yellow slots would be useful for faction runes, where you may be able to buy a yellow, but not a red.This would allow players to see where they stand, at any given time, from any zone in the game. A drastic improvement over the current system.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
Leawyn

Loremaster

Don't know if we need all that, Avirodar, but a simple blue line text to say "You can already purchase this war rune." would go miles to help me decide if I need to grab a rune that has dropped on raid or not. If we could get that, plus greying out runes you cannot purchase on the vendor itself, it would fix about 95% of the issues with figuring out which war runes you can or can't get.

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote