EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #61
Morgania434

Lord

@ Wilhelmina I cut and copied a DIRECT QUOTE for you: You will be able to access the above mentioned SOE games through your ProSieben account,

As Brasse further said:

EVEN if you play on a us server IF YOU LIVE IN ANY OF THE COUNTIRES listed you MUST HAVE A PSS1 ACCOUNT OR QUIT PLAYING EQ2.

Morgania434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #62
rupugna

Loremaster

SOE-Brasse wrote:

Once EQII transitions, you will need a ProSiebenSat.1 account to access your characters on US servers. We are making it as seamless as possible on the front end, but while we can transfer characters, items, and grant SC to the new account, we cannot transfer personal information, which is why you need to sign up with ProSieben (using your existing SOE account id - new password of course!).

Erm, what if my SOE account ID is already being used by someone else on PSS1? I joined SOE many years ago when the internet was a much smaller place and would surely not get the same ID if I made a PSS1 account tonight (which I won't), if that is how the two accounts are to be tied together then all my characters and SC are almost inevitably going to be moved to some third party, possibly chinese plat farmers who will undoubtably be creating multiple Alaplaya F2P accounts right now. This idea is crazy sorry SMILEY

Kind regards

rupugna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #63
Morgania434

Lord

Sorry Wilhelmina, here it is direct from the faq: Will new accounts be given the option to sign up with either SOE or ProSiebenSat.1 Games? European players will need a ProSieben account to play the above mentioned games. European players can access other SOE games through an SOE account.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #64
Trevynoae

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Yes, it does. US servers are SoE. EU servers are prosieben. EU servers will have the pleasure (*cought*) of getting extra stuff, you know, localised things, and why not some nice bought stuff on the brokers (mythicals anyone?) or delayed patches and stuff like that. You know, what happened to all others prosieben transferred games. So I do thing getting the hell out of EU servers is important for those that will keep playing.

Ok - I eat that SMILEY

You are right here ... there is even one thing in the FAQ that I found VERY interesting:

Will there be ProSiebenSat.1 Games-specific promotional items to attract new customers?Players in Europe can expect special content, offers and promotions, including in-game items for the above mentioned SOE games that are included as part of the agreement with ProSiebenSat.1 Games.

Again ... I give a s..mall nothing on their promises. They did that to S4 - why should they not do that in EQII? (and no - they still try to make us believe that was BEFORE pss1 took over alaplaya - no - no - no. it's even the same staff that decided so who is now with pss1 - look up their profiles and the companies' histories)

So yes - I have to give in on this - especially because the CEO in question commented like "they will regret not being on our servers" (he is in charge of what he said - if he left it up for THAT much interpretation ... they better get back to school and learn proper english - sorry).

To be honest - I will follow those who cancelled already. I don't see any future for this with pss1 involved. They will get tons of new players from their low-education audience - for a couple of months. After they milked them enough - they won't miss them anymore.I started a quality game when EQII launched - but this is just too much.

Thank you for the great time and the friends I made playing EQII.

Thank's for the fish ...

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #65
Trevynoae

Loremaster

rupugna wrote:

SOE-Brasse wrote:

using your existing SOE account id

Erm, what if my SOE account ID is already being used by someone else on PSS1?

Thank you for pointing this out, rupugna!

I really missed that point. In fact - they ARE transfering personal information then - without our consent!So far they consider login credentials personal - so how can they dare to even think of telling an unrelated company MY (and all yours!) accountnames?!

Having the accountname is half the way into an account. Congratulations!

Well - maybe they will post all those accountnames that already exist and can't be transfered automatically due to duplicates on the alaplaya-boards - so customers can contact them *rofl*

sorry - i had to say that ... i expect the least from pss1 and will still be disappointed.

Edit: Brasse corrected this later on that they will not give them our account name. But still - the initial comment makes one think so by reading carefully.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #66
oxlollyxo

Loremaster

You just killed THE BEST mmo...ever, I can't believe you'd kick everyone in the teeth...most have been playing for years! Nobody wants a Pro7 account....Yes thanks we can all still play together, but after this stunt, there wont be anyone left to play with ! 

We'd have at least liked to have been given a choice here.. 

oxlollyxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #67
Raiwon

Loremaster

You leave me no choice,so Im leaving once my sub/sc runs out.

Raiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #68
Kerane

Loremaster

For me as well it's very simple. The splitting of the community was a big issue, i am glad that was solved.

However, the dealbreaker was and still is prosiebensat1

I will not trust a company that expressed its opinion on gamers in a negative way, to keep any kind of promise towards said gamers.

They have shown to have a very low opinion towards us, and an opinion like that doesn't change.

I don't care if they are now trying to sweettalk us, they see us as losers and that will always remain.

Money doesn.t change ones opinion, it just hides it. But what is hidden will always resurface.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #69
ravenhair

Loremaster

SOE-Brasse wrote:

Trevynoae,

Once EQII transitions, you will need a ProSiebenSat.1 account to access your characters on US servers. We are making it as seamless as possible on the front end, but while we can transfer characters, items, and grant SC to the new account, we cannot transfer personal information, which is why you need to sign up with ProSieben (using your existing SOE account id - new password of course!).

I wonder how many of the EU players that play exclusively on US servers and have been assuming this doesn't really affect them will read this little gem

ravenhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #70
Silverluin

Loremaster

SOE-Brasse wrote:

Australia is not included in the regions ProSiebenSat.1 administers (nor are New Zealand, Asia, Russia, South America, for instance). The regions covered are listed in the General Questions section of the FAQ.

Phew...I'm in NZ, and am billed through the US (I think - says CA on the credit card statement).  So I can still play on Splitpaw - although to be honest, I think I might move to a US server anyway as Splitpaw is pretty much dead already.

Silverluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #71
Mermut

Loremaster

Another important question that should be addressed.... Will EQNext be region locked?

Old 03-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #72
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Mermut wrote:

Another important question that should be addressed.... Will EQNext be region locked?

the same that applies to EQII will apply to EQNext. It is part of the whole deal and the same things apply to every game that is or will be included in that deal.

So - if you live in europe - you will need a PSS1 account to play EQNext. Point.

Edit: I hope everybody realizes how they avoid the words "Region-Lock" or "IP-Lock" ... although it is exactly what they are establishing by forcing us to use a certain provider to access the games that are part of the PSS1 deal.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #73
SOE-Brasse

DwarvenOverlord

We are well aware that some people object to maintaining an account with ProSiebenSat.1 at all.  I will again suggest that as the transition is not happening immediately (we haven't even set a date for EQII yet), that you give this time and consideration.  We are also well aware that we cannot make everyone happy. We can only do what we feel, after careful consideration, is best for the health and longevity of the game and its players, and we are deeply sorry if anyone feels they have to leave instead of trying it out.

I cannot speak for ProSiebenSat.1, only of my own experiences with them in my position here as we work toward the transitions for our games, wherein I have found them extremely engaged, concerned, dedicated and fully committed to working with us to provide larger distribution and secure gameplay options for all European customers.

Every company has made its mistakes (or at least every one I have ever worked for), and the good ones (those still in business) evolve as a result of learning from them.  As we all know, SOE continues to be lambasted for mistakes long past that cause some to say they'd never do business with us again, while others give us a chance too.

For all who express concerns with ProSiebenSat.1 service, security, forums and moderation, we are compiling a report of WHY you are uncomfortable working with them.  Believe me, they are VERY interested in addressing your concerns and earning your trust.

As much as I wish to, I cannot stay here all day and post responses, but I'll do my best to answer from time to time going forward, as our staff brings new issues to my attention. Some of the issues are repeating themselves, so forgive me if I don't respond to all of you directly. We WILL continue to read, record and carry feedback forward.

Morgania434

Distribution deals happen for the betterment of the game, financially and in terms of reach to new players. It is just good business and good for the long term health of the game. The feedback previously provided was fully considered by both partners, and resulted in a commitment to allow players to play on any EQII server they liked, which was technically very challenging, but deemed well worth it. I know revenue is a dirty word, but if we cannot offer our partners revenue they cannot support us.

I can assure you that SOE would not have entered into this deal without extensive research, consultation and "vetting." Come meet our Legal team at SOE Live this year. Great folks, and extremely careful with all aspects of how we do business.

Finally, we are not yet transitioning. There is a LOT of work to be done on both sides, so once more, I ask that perhaps you wait and see. We have not yet reached that crossroads.

The March 29th date applies solely to the ability for Eu players to purchase an All Access Plan from SOE. In the future, ProSeibenSat.1 will offer its own, similar plan as an option.  When I write of "plenty of time," I refer to the actual transition of EQII to ProSeibenSat.1, for which we have not yet set a date.  We always give at LEAST 30 days notice of any account-affecting changes, which this certainly is.

Trevynoae,

"well - this is what IT folks like me call IP-LOCKING!" As promised, we are not IP locking the servers. Players will need to have a ProSiebenSat.1 account. 

EQ Live is not currently slated for transition, and its accounts are managed by SOE directly.

"So far they consider login credentials personal - so how can they dare to even think of telling an unrelated company MY (and all yours!) accountnames?!  Having the accountname is half the way into an account. Congratulations!"

Finally, we posted as soon as the revisions to the FAQ were approved, rather than sitting on them until next week. We simply did not wish to delay the delivery of information. However, while it was 10:00pm in your time zone when it was posted, there is no time limit applied to feedback. Tomorrow, Sunday, Monday, and onwards... it's all available.

Moldylocks,

The long silence was because we could not confirm the FAQ without extensive and detailed review of requirements and commitments. Saying anything prematurely beyond, "We've come up with a plan to allow ALL players to play on any servers they want. More details to follow." would have been irresponsible. Beleive me, if we could have done it overnight, we would have.

RatzapEQ2,

If you'd like to be a 76 year old woman at a made up address and playing free on a wait and see basis, more power to you. You'll be the oldest person on the raids, so I expect you to represent! 76 is young for a Dwarf or Elf anyway.

If you sub for any of our games that transition and have time remaining, that time will be credited. However, you will need to set up an account with ProSeibenSat.1, or, should you choose not to, contact our CS to request a refund.

Trepide,

We are listening and we are aware that some customers do not want to set up an account with ProSiebenSat.1. While we do our utmost to address concerns of the player base, this is not something that we are going to be able to accommodate for you.  We are carrying the concerns expressed forward to internal and external partners (you have no idea how many people either read these forums or our subsequent reports), and I do hope that you will give it some consideration before you leave the game.

Onorem, Whilhelmina and tkia,

You are indeed our customers. Many of our customers are also our friends, as we are all gamers ourselves. My mistake in your case, but perhaps we will meet one day and I can rectify this. =)

Whilhelmina, 

ProSiebenSat.1 will not run any servers. All servers, patches, updates and all game development will continue to be run by SOE. However, server transfers will remain available for all games that currently support them.

Seffrid,

I am allergic to spin. Community Relations is tasked with communicating with the player base on behalf of SOE, yes, in an official capacity.  Smed has posted several times via Twitter (follow @j_smedley) and I reposted his short tweets in the previous feedback thread, but this actually my job, one I am very proud to serve in.   Smokejumper and Holly are in Development, and their role in this business deal is completely different.  Keep in mind though that we all do work together as a united company from the top down, and I would not be posting here else.

Morgania434, 

The March 29th date applies solely to the ability for Eu players to purchase an All Access Plan from SOE. In the future, ProSeibenSat.1 will offer its own, similar plan as an option.  When I write of "plenty of time," I refer to the actual transition of EQII to ProSeibenSat.1, for which we have not yet set a date.  We always give at LEAST 30 days notice of any account-affecting changes, which this certainly is.

General_Info, (great handle, by the way),

We are not yet sure how the ratio of SC to ProSieben game currency will be calculated. Remember that it's a grant, not a transfer/conversion, so your ProSiebenSat.1 account will in effect mirror your SOE account, in case you are playing a transitioned game at the same time as a game yet to be transitioned.

SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 accounts will be separate (although linked soley for the purposes of character and game data transfer). The account info, payment methods and personal information are not shared, which is why the customer must create a ProSiebenSat.1 account themselves and enter billing information, rather than us doing it automatically.

AHA, another great question! We are still working on the topic of pre-paid cards, and I will add that to my list of "things that must be answered!" We have had some discussions and will make sure that we work something out. Pre-paid cards have certainly worked very well for SOE, because many people do not use credit cards at all these days and do not like to provide debit card info to anyone!

Tajikmen, faith, and others,

We don't use an automated system for refund requests, just a dedicated CS team who will be happy to address any such requests if and when the time comes. We hope that you'll wait, and give it a chance.

Tkia,

Your business is very much valued, I assure you. We are changing how we offer services, and of course that means that our customers must weigh the options and choose, each according to their judgment.

ravenhair,

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to clarify my original post. There will be a process to link to your existing SOE account after signing up with ProSiebenSat.1.  For anyone who has ever played one of the games we had hosted on Facebook (most notably PoxNora), but wanted to integrate that account with their SOE station name, it will use similar theory.

rupugna,

"Erm, what if my SOE account ID is already being used by someone else on PSS1?"

An excellent question. Let me carry that forward and try to get an answer for you, but I am pretty sure that we can handle that when the time comes, although possibly via a direct contact with CS.  It may be next week before I can reply on that specific topic, but I will be back to it, I promise.

Unfortunately, I must correct Trevynoae in their response to your post, we are not giving them account names. Every player must create an account with ProSiebenSat.1 and then, if you find that your station name is already in use by another player, we will make sure we have a resolution for you. No one will be able to access your characters but you, I can assure you.

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and provide feedback that we hope will make the transition better for all!

;-)#

Brasse

(Still Yer Loyal Dwarf, like it or not)

[Edited because I need coffee]

Director, Global Community Relations, SOE

---------~~========~~---------

I have a Qlu'Stiq and I'm not afraid to use it.
SOE-Brasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #74
Kerplunc

Loremaster

What about veteran status/rewards? Will these new accounts have a grandfathered in account age? What's the score for "all access" customers?
Kerplunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #75
SOE-Brasse

DwarvenOverlord

[email protected] wrote:

What about veteran status/rewards? Will these new accounts have a grandfathered in account age? What's the score for "all access" customers?

Let me add this to the list of follow-up questions!

I know that our intent is that veteran rewards will be carried over for all recurring memberships (non-recurring always run the risk of forgetting to renew membership in time).  Our CS guys will be all over this one if any problems arise.

Director, Global Community Relations, SOE

---------~~========~~---------

I have a Qlu'Stiq and I'm not afraid to use it.
SOE-Brasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #76
Darq

Loremaster

so when will we be forced to transit to p7s1?

... this is just ... can I buy SC with plat, will that be autoconverted to p7s1 cash?

Darq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #77
Llogwey

Tester

Still no answer (or I am blind) about "all access" for those who play EQ1 from Europe.... All Access for those playing DCUO and EQ2 will be switched to PSS1 All Access with same "service" (one can always hope...) but since EQ1 is not covered at all by PSS1.. HOW can it be handled? I certainly can't imagine having to pay TWO subs while I was paying a single "all access" especially for that (and the character slots) Indeed PSS1 will have their "all access" but no EQ1 in it... I'd really appreciate an answer about that
Old 03-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #78
Kerane

Loremaster

SOE-Brasse wrote:

We are well aware that some people object to maintaining an account with ProSiebenSat.1 at all.  I will again suggest that as the transition is not happening immediately (we haven't even set a date for EQII yet), that you give this time and consideration.  We are also well aware that we cannot make everyone happy. We can only do what is best for the health and longevity of the game, and we are deeply sorry if anyone feels they have to leave instead of trying it out.

I cannot speak for ProSiebenSat.1, only of my own experiences with them in my position here as we work toward the transitions for our games, wherein I have found them extremely engaged, concerned, dedicated and fully committed to working with us to provide larger distribution and secure gameplay options for all European customers.

Like i said, money will hide any kind of opinion, but not change it.

Every company has made its mistakes (or at least every one I have ever worked for), and the good ones (those still in business) evolve as a result of learning from them.  As we all know, SOE continues to be lambasted for mistakes long past that cause some to say they'd never do business with us again, while others give us a chance too.

Mistakes can be forgiven, however expressing your opinion might be a mistake, the opinion in itself is not.

And having a negative opinion towards gamers in general and still asking those same gamers to trust you is not a mistake, it is hoping said gamers are fools as well as losers.

For all who express concerns with ProSiebenSat.1 service, security, forums and moderation, we are compiling a report of WHY you are uncomfortable working with them.  Believe me, they are VERY interested in addressing your concerns and earning your trust.

My distrust towards p7s1 is not a closed door, it is a brick wall. Nothing they say, or promise, will change that.

The only way i and my husband will keep on playing EQ2, is if we can keep our account with SOE.

As much as I wish to, I cannot stay here all day and post responses, but I'll do my best to answer from time to time going forward, as our staff brings new issues to my attention. Some of the issues are repeating themselves, so forgive me if I don't respond to all of you directly. We WILL continue to read, record and carry feedback forward.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #79
The-Plethora

Loremaster

I am happy we finally have so answers on these issues, I just wish the devlopers wouldn't adopt the say nothing line it's so frustrating, even if JS came in and said (personally not on Twitter) that we are looking at it or we hope to have answers it would have kept so many people in the ProSieben feedback thread happier.

A lot of people are still considering weather to setup a ProSieben account and I include myself in that, this is still a great game and so much fun to play. Now that is deffinate at least people can make their own minds up now they know some of the facts. The players I think understand that these decesions are not all yours and you do get a lot of unfairly targetted grief, you can at least say your players are passionatte about your game SMILEY

I am still concerned about the euro cash shop and I know myself and others would appreciate a view of what the limits are going to be if they were there. The SOE cash shop treads a very fine line at the moment and rightly when it went free to play the armor was removed. Will this sort of thing be back on the Euro servers? If a Euro guild gets a world wide first on something you can already see the pay to win scrub server talk if its game altering.

The-Plethora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #80
Peogia

Loremaster

SOE-Brasse wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Let me add this to the list of follow-up questions!

I know that our intent is that veteran rewards will be carried over for all recurring memberships (non-recurring always run the risk of forgetting to renew membership in time).  Our CS guys will be all over this one if any problems arise.

I thought it was for everyone

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=511083

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #81
Morgania434

Lord

@ Brasse thank you for your reply In regards to this statement: The March 29th date applies solely to the ability for Eu players to purchase an All Access Plan from SOE. In the future, ProSeibenSat.1 will offer its own, similar plan as an option. When I write of "plenty of time," I refer to the actual transition of EQII to ProSeibenSat.1, for which we have not yet set a date. We always give at LEAST 30 days notice of any account-affecting changes, which this certainly is. That date was yesterday, thereby NEGATING any EU customers chance of buying an ALL Access pass today or going forward from SOE. In effect you BACKDATED it PRIOR to the deal being LIVE for Eu Customers. That is a major concern imo. But again, thank you for taking the time to reply!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #82
SOE-MOD-16

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=51444...post_id=5739953 Criticizing moderation
SOE-MOD-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #83
daray

Loremaster

SOE-Brasse wrote:

Players will need to have a ProSiebenSat.1 account.

Sorry, but no.

I have been a SOE customer since 2000, and you are basically telling me that I now have 2 options (create a PSS1 account or quit). Is that really how you value your customers?

This has just gone from bad to worse. At least under the old FAQ, I had grandfather rights to continue paying SOE and access the service through the SOE gateway (so was not directly impacted). Now being forced (by IP lock) into dealing with PSS1 is completely unacceptable!

I don't care if you enter into some royalty swap agreement with PSS1 behind the scenes, but to do this to your (existing) customers is detestable to say the least, and that is putting it mildly.

daray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #84
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

SOE-Brasse wrote:

We are well aware that some people object to maintaining an account with ProSiebenSat.1 at all.  I will again suggest that as the transition is not happening immediately (we haven't even set a date for EQII yet), that you give this time and consideration.  We are also well aware that we cannot make everyone happy. We can only do what we feel, after careful consideration, is best for the health and longevity of the game and its players, and we are deeply sorry if anyone feels they have to leave instead of trying it out.

Been there, done that, we had 3 months to fully research everything we could on the company you're selling us too. A company with such a bad reputation will definatedly not bring any kind of "health" to the game.

You obviously didn't bother to look at the feedback from all the games that were sold away to them.

Yeah, so much interested than on the old FAQ we had some ways to escape dealing with prosieben (moving to US servers) and on the new FAQ we are forced to go with them...

Will I be banned if I say "liar"? We already saw what you did with our previous feedback.

Morgania434

Distribution deals happen for the betterment of the game, financially and in terms of reach to new players. It is just good business and good for the long term health of the game. The feedback previously provided was fully considered by both partners, and resulted in a commitment to allow players to play on any EQII server they liked, which was technically very challenging, but deemed well worth it. I know revenue is a dirty word, but if we cannot offer our partners revenue they cannot support us.

See above... You have a very funny definition of "fully"

I can assure you that SOE would not have entered into this deal without extensive research, consultation and "vetting." Come meet our Legal team at SOE Live this year. Great folks, and extremely careful with all aspects of how we do business.

ooooh? that's true? so I guess you "fully understand" why we don't want anything to do with this deal?

Finally, we are not yet transitioning. There is a LOT of work to be done on both sides, so once more, I ask that perhaps you wait and see. We have not yet reached that crossroads.

Similar as in: if you play EQ2 and EQ1, hand out double the cash, right?

Trevynoae,

"well - this is what IT folks like me call IP-LOCKING!" As promised, we are not IP locking the servers. Players will need to have a ProSiebenSat.1 account. 

Yeah, so all those that want to pay SoE are IP locked out of SoE. Players on holidays, deployed, moving and so on will be very happy to know they're IP locked.

EQ Live is not currently slated for transition, and its accounts are managed by SOE directly.

"So far they consider login credentials personal - so how can they dare to even think of telling an unrelated company MY (and all yours!) accountnames?!  Having the accountname is half the way into an account. Congratulations!"

Finally, we posted as soon as the revisions to the FAQ were approved, rather than sitting on them until next week. We simply did not wish to delay the delivery of information. However, while it was 10:00pm in your time zone when it was posted, there is no time limit applied to feedback. Tomorrow, Sunday, Monday, and onwards... it's all available.

Moldylocks,

The long silence was because we could not confirm the FAQ without extensive and detailed review of requirements and commitments. Saying anything prematurely beyond, "We've come up with a plan to allow ALL players to play on any servers they want. More details to follow." would have been irresponsible. Beleive me, if we could have done it overnight, we would have.

You added nearly nothing to your FAQ. Only thing that changed is "we're IP locking you out of servers" to "we're IP locking you out of billing".

RatzapEQ2,

If you'd like to be a 76 year old woman at a made up address and playing free on a wait and see basis, more power to you. You'll be the oldest person on the raids, so I expect you to represent! 76 is young for a Dwarf or Elf anyway.

If you sub for any of our games that transition and have time remaining, that time will be credited. However, you will need to set up an account with ProSeibenSat.1, or, should you choose not to, contact our CS to request a refund.

Trepide,

We are listening and we are aware that some customers do not want to set up an account with ProSiebenSat.1. While we do our utmost to address concerns of the player base, this is not something that we are going to be able to accommodate for you.  We are carrying the concerns expressed forward to internal and external partners (you have no idea how many people either read these forums or our subsequent reports), and I do hope that you will give it some consideration before you leave the game.

Perhaps you may have missed the 3000+ messages with half of them stating that "we don't want anything to do with Prosieben", reason why a lot of us were asking about server transfers, while the other where asking about the grandfathering to be sure of staying on the SoE side.

Onorem, Whilhelmina and tkia,

You are indeed our customers. Many of our customers are also our friends, as we are all gamers ourselves. My mistake in your case, but perhaps we will meet one day and I can rectify this. =)

Whilhelmina, 

ProSiebenSat.1 will not run any servers. All servers, patches, updates and all game development will continue to be run by SOE. However, server transfers will remain available for all games that currently support them.

I don't trust you or prosieben on that one. They don't "own" the servers but they "own" the customers. Their record says that they do make major changes to the games they own for EU. You all spoke about special stuff for EU servers. Prosieben guys said something along the line of "those that won't come to Prosieben servers will be sorry". It does point in the dirrection of some "special things" for EU servers. I don't want no part in Prosieben special things.

Seffrid,

I am allergic to spin. Community Relations is tasked with communicating with the player base on behalf of SOE, yes, in an official capacity.  Smed has posted several times via Twitter (follow @j_smedley) and I reposted his short tweets in the previous feedback thread, but this actually my job, one I am very proud to serve in.   Smokejumper and Holly are in Development, and their role in this business deal is completely different.  Keep in mind though that we all do work together as a united company from the top down, and I would not be posting here else.

For the 100th time: WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO CHECK TWITTER FOR SOE UPDATES!

Morgania434, 

Similar minus games currently on All Access but not sold in chains to P7S1

General_Info, (great handle, by the way),

We are not yet sure how the ratio of SC to ProSieben game currency will be calculated. Remember that it's a grant, not a transfer/conversion, so your ProSiebenSat.1 account will in effect mirror your SOE account, in case you are playing a transitioned game at the same time as a game yet to be transitioned.

Yeah, so we can assume the worst. You may grant us some of the new Alaplaya points or whatever on whichever ratio you deem fine ("hey, look your 5000 SC? In our great leniency, we have decided to offer you instead those 100 new ProSieben currencies worth a grand 5$. Now go play and be nice")

SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 accounts will be separate (although linked soley for the purposes of character and game data transfer). The account info, payment methods and personal information are not shared, which is why the customer must create a ProSiebenSat.1 account themselves and enter billing information, rather than us doing it automatically.

AHA, another great question! We are still working on the topic of pre-paid cards, and I will add that to my list of "things that must be answered!" We have had some discussions and will make sure that we work something out. Pre-paid cards have certainly worked very well for SOE, because many people do not use credit cards at all these days and do not like to provide debit card info to anyone!

Tajikmen, faith, and others,

We don't use an automated system for refund requests, just a dedicated CS team who will be happy to address any such requests if and when the time comes. We hope that you'll wait, and give it a chance.

Tkia,

Your business is very much valued, I assure you. We are changing how we offer services, and of course that means that our customers must weigh the options and choose, each according to their judgment.

Our "options"? Go to prosieben or take the door? That's a great option for sure.

ravenhair,

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to clarify my original post. There will be a process to link to your existing SOE account after signing up with ProSiebenSat.1.  For anyone who has ever played one of the games we had hosted on Facebook (most notably PoxNora), but wanted to integrate that account with their SOE station name, it will use similar theory.

rupugna,

"Erm, what if my SOE account ID is already being used by someone else on PSS1?"

An excellent question. Let me carry that forward and try to get an answer for you, but I am pretty sure that we can handle that when the time comes, although possibly via a direct contact with CS.  It may be next week before I can reply on that specific topic, but I will be back to it, I promise.

Unfortunately, I must correct Trevynoae in their response to your post, we are not giving them account names. Every player must create an account with ProSiebenSat.1 and then, if you find that your station name is already in use by another player, we will make sure we have a resolution for you. No one will be able to access your characters but you, I can assure you.

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and provide feedback that we hope will make the transition better for all! that we'll conveniently sweep under a carpet (fixed for you)

SMILEY#

Brasse

(Still Yer Loyal Dwarf, like it or not)

[Edited because I need coffee]

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #85
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Am I being blind in my horror at this new FAQ which appears to mean I am going to need a PSS1 account after all (so I am personally WORSE off now than I was before - at least then I could keep playing on my SOE account grandfathered on my US server), as I can see mention on LON cards, but not of the bonus 500 SC I get every month for my recurring sub.  Also, what about the fact that I can currently use my SC on multiple games, not all of which are included in the PSS1 deal (eg: EQ1).  I assume I won't be able to any more.

I don't like the idea of content potentially differing between US and Euro servers either- mention was made of "will closely monitor the needs and wishes of local communities to bring special content as appropriate to European players."  Not to mention "Players in Europe can expect special content, offers and promotions, including in-game items for the above mentioned SOE games that are included as part of the agreement with ProSiebenSat.1 Games." So on my US server will may miss out on content that will be Euro server only? Or as a EURO player, even tho I'm on a US sever will I still get this?  Plus 'Europe' is a huge and massively culturally diverse place, unlike the US - so making special 'Euro' stuff meaningful for for all will be impossible. 

What promises and protection do we have for accounts not making the transfer properly? Alaplaya lost loads of Maestia accounts when it transferred to them and they were just gone - poof.

I want to cry.  I really really do. I hoped, secretly, that SOE would pull a miracle out of this fiasco and manage to hide PSS1 behind the scenes and keep everything simple for us as customers, but no, of course not.  I know many others will be pleased about the lack of IP locking now (as am I)), but having to have an account with PSS1 after all will finish off this game for huge numbers of European people, potentially including me, who weren't affected by that aspect before.  I now have to think VERY carefully what I want to do.

Edit: Addendum - I don't get why a 'conversion' is needed for SC to whatever PSS1 want to call their currency.  If content is all SOE ultimately (we shall see) why not just have 5000SC=5000PSS1C (or whatever it gets called).  Why is there a need to 'convert'?

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #86
Trevynoae

Loremaster

SOE-Brasse wrote:

See Brasse, here is the problem.

You never had to deal with the guys over there. Look at their resume! Most of them come from burda - one of the WORST companies here in germany (even worse then PSS1 - so yeah - there most likely was some improvement when they bought alaplaya along with the staff it seems). They abuse customer data to an extend where you will have to ask "higher instances" here before they will be willing to let go.

I personally had them (burda) trying to gain access to my banking account without my consent (but hey - i am not that stupid *smile*).  So I absolutely have no incentive so far to even trust them a little bit. They learned business from the bad guys and droped into a company that isn't "so obviously" bad. Does this make them divine? No.

And you really really really think that they qualify more to take care of us just because they have been hired by a company that provides underclass entertainment?Do you really consider your games targeting underclass? I do not.

It even bothers me that their qualification is described by "ProSiebenSat.1 Games employs highly skilled and passionate MMO players.".What makes a "highly skilled and passionate MMO player" an expert in providing MMO games? A player is a player and can only be skilled in playing a game. So far they have not shown us a single indicator for making us believe that they are professional game service suppliers.

(*cough* Besides horribly english skills, calling customers names and telling us to learn to play ... *cough*)

Me and many others wouldn't have a problem if you gave them our money - heck - I wouldn't care. It would just be like UbiSoft. But even with UbiSoft we had our SOE accounts although them had their hands on them - but maybe that is what made you learn your lesson so this time you decided to sell us off completely.I do NOT understand why you require us to sign up with them.What I would be interested in (highly!) because it will hopefully apply to me in the future: what about permanent residents? You know we could have an address in the us. Will you identify us by the ip / network we are coming from? (easily to be circumvented) or by our address? What if people move on? Moving to the states we will be stuck with PSS1 still? This doesn't make sense.

Of course PSS1 want to make money out of this - who wouldn't want to.But the decisions we are presented here ... they are a slap in the face. You are alienating customers who have been with SOE for many many many years - despite all the obstacles in the past.Quite a few of us came to visit you guys at Fan Faire because we somehow still liked you although the road was bumpy every now and then. Some even got the pleasure to visit SOE HQ - and it was a pleasure.What happens here and now is nothing else but SOE washing their hands off their loyal (!) playerbase here in europe. The damage is inevitable.

Of course they will smear honey to your belly *snickers at the thought of a dwarf with honey there ...* to make you all believe they will reach out to the stars to make your games successful here. Because they see the few months of revenue they potentially can generate off their existing tv audience. If I were them I would promise you and us (the players) everything I had to just to make you believe me. This is marketing blahblah - nothing else. At the end of the day everything that counts is revenue.

Obviously an advertising deal wasn't enough - PSS1 could have generated revenue for that via all new accounts created from their regions and getting a share of the existing euro customers. Nobody would have bothered.Nobody would have bothered if they would have required new folks from here to sign up with them - if they still can play everywhere.But what we (the players and customers) don't like the fact that we have to leave SOE and move on to PSS1. You could have offered this as an option - with quite some incentive to go for it. I am pretty sure PSS1 would have been willing to pay quite a bit to make us WANT to transfer our accounts over to them! Still - some would have been resistant. Because of personal experience or research or just because we prefer to be and stay what we've always been: SOE customers.

I don't know what the big picture is about all this - but for sure there is something that you cannot tell us.

At least thanks for confirming that EQ Live is not going to be part of the PSS1 deal - that makes me stay your "friend" at least in that part of the gaming world - although it put quite a chip on my shoulder and I wonder if I will ever trust you guys again. You jeopardized my friendship (and I mean that literally - do some research, Linda) and managed to kill it off almost completely. There isn't much left at the moment and it hurts me personally because I know quite a few of you in person. And for sure I am not the only person feeling that way.

Also thank you for not keeping that wall of silence hanging in here like it was in the past. At least one could get the impression you guys are listening - although it is unlikely anything might change. Eventually the subscription numbers will speak for us (the players) - and not in a positive way as it seems. But I already mentioned it: I have a very strong feeling that there is something else going on that you can't tell us about. So - I am sorry for you folks if that is true.

I am very disappointed how this worked out - I simply can't believe you really want to get rid of our business. While for the moment you think this might be for the best of the game ... the players continue to tell you that it is not.

By the way ... I just read what you posted - so that is where the thing about SOE giving PSS1 our accountnames came from. But good to know that "we are not giving them account names" - well - at least not without us initiating the process I would say. Otherwise this would have become very interesting from the legal aspect here in Germany.

I still have a slight glimmer of hope that this is just a very very bad dream - but I fear it is not.

So - to reiterate another question that came up:"Will EQNext be dealt with the same like it is with EQII?" Meaning: Euro customers have to sign up with PSS1 to play that game?

By the way: I take that part about EQ Live as a promise - and should this turn out differently I will let you know about how disappointed I am then. Because so far you will be keeping me as a customer for EQ Live - albeit NOT for any other game anymore if it brings the PSS1 deal with it.

Thank you for listening.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #87
SOE-MOD-16

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=51444...post_id=5739963 Non-constructive
SOE-MOD-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #88
suzita

Loremaster

well that's finally it then.  As I've previously stated, I will not be creating an account with Pro7.

suzita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #89
yadlajoi

Loremaster

Refund petition incoming
yadlajoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #90
Trevynoae

Loremaster

daray wrote:

This has just gone from bad to worse. At least under the old FAQ, I had grandfather rights to continue paying SOE and access the service through the SOE gateway (so was not directly impacted). Now being forced (by IP lock) into dealing with PSS1 is completely unacceptable!

You know what?

That is why I more and more wish we could have a filter activated that denies every appearance of EQ (the original one) here on this thread.Somehow I fear the more often it is asked about EQ and the new equivalent of All Access - the more I fear that they might find it a great idea to incorporate EQ into the deal.

@Brasse:

To catch up on your reply to my comment about "IP-Lock" ... you say you are not ip-locking ... ok ... that might be right from the marketing aspect.But tell me - please - what is the difference between an ip-lock / region-lock that renders me unable to access a game and the fact that i can not access the game if i didn't sign up with a certain company although I already have an account good for a certain game?

You don't ip-/region-lock us right away - you lock access to the servers behind the requirement to sign up with PSS1 - but ONLY if we are from europe - right? That isn't much of a difference compared to region-/ip-lock. I know you guys don't like that wording because it comes with bad reputation and all. But it still is literally the same.You lock us out (per ip or region - don't know who you will do it yet) of your billing-services and at the same time from signing into your servers if we don't come via a given account-provider.Maybe you feel better if we call it "account-lock based on region"?

So what if I now come up with an US billing address while still having an address here in germany (this option is very legal ... considering green cards and all that - or students visiting universities in the us for a couple of semesters, and so on ...)?Yes - I am trying to find out how you will implement this.