EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #31
RatzapEQ2

Loremaster

So there's no wiggling out of it - unless your geo-ip returns as outside the bucket of countries PSS1 is assigned, you must use a PSS1 account and regardless of IP you must use PSS1 to connect to EU servers. Sony may not technically transfer any assosiated personal data but I bet you the PSS1 signup process will require plenty. Billing handled by PSS1 as well - credit card details - hopefully Sony will give them some advice based on experience from their wee problem last year.

I was considering resubbing but I have to admit this has seriously put me off. Signing up to PSS1 as a 76 year old woman at a made up address and playing free on a 'wait and see' basis seems safest for now SMILEY

Or if the rep guy reads this, answer me this please: if I sub now with SoE for say 6 months and cancel again. Do any details get transferred to PSS1 other than 'this guy has X months remaining'?

Ratzap (victim of the Vision(tm) since 1999).

RatzapEQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #32
Heph

Loremaster

I thing you must miss something. Or you're NOT listening: We, EU players, DO NOT WANT to have anything to do with Pro7. Since the only choice is now go with Pro7 or leave EQ2, I guess it will be leave EQ2 for me. Heartbreaking for me for i played since the beta in 2004.

So long, SoE, you did a great job killing the best MMO ever.

Heph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #33
Onorem

Loremaster

SOE-Brasse wrote:

Friends,

Yer Loyal Dwarf,

Brasse

No. I'm your customer, not your friend.

And you are not a dwarf. Please take this seriously instead of putting on a fake persona.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #34
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

So, basically, you're saying your "friends" (I'm not your friend. I liked you what seems a very long time ago but this is definatedly not friendly) will have to pay this dubious company if you happen to have an EU IP or quit.

I guess you didn't read the feedbacks and questions on the other thread. Of course, obviously you don't care at all.

So we waited for 3 months for this new abysmal FAQ: pay P7S1 or quit.

The second this happends, I'm out. And I'll let the door open for all the others.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #35
Seffrid

Loremaster

SOE-Brasse wrote:

Seffrid,

This is in fact communication from the executive - we don't posts this sort of thing on a whim. We are posting this information with our executive's direction and oversight. They are involved in every aspect of this deal, including the move to ensure that players can continue to play on any server they like.  As I have said, I realize that I am much shorter than Smed, but this is truthful, valid communication on behalf of SOE. 

Spin it how you want, but the fact remains that we have not heard from a single member of the executive outside of the Community Relations team - you may have posted a couple of times at their request but not one of them ie Smed, Smoke, or Holly has appeared in these discussions and addressed the players personally about the termination of SOE's contracts with us.

I'm not critical of you, after all you're just doing your job, but I am critical of those who have shied away from any direct contact with the players who they have discarded after many years - over 13 years in my case - and which I find a lamentable way to do business (quite apart from the actual decision to sell us off in the first place which I realise probably wasn't even down to them).

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #36
Raislisa
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Taladega Knights

Loremaster

So i hope you have a nice automated system set up for refunding all the station cash in any Euro's account that will not make an account with the other company, like me.

Not totally sure how that will occur as many have taken cards off the billing system already, but that needs to be done and tomorrow, not when they take over.

Haven't logged in, in over a month now, and i don't miss it, just the people. and they will be leaving when guild wars 2 is out.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #37
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Just to mention:

The FAQ on alaplaya highlights the changes in blue (I don't see anything like that here - but that might be due to the template I am using): http://en.alaplaya.net/forum/genera...aq-t492961.html

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #38
tkia

Tester

Linda, you just informed me that after twelve and a half years of paying SOE monthly my business is no longer good enough for you and I should take a hike, so, no, you are most certainly not my friend. And for the record, the only way PSS1 is ever going to see any of my money is if SOE hand it over to them after taking it from me. The day my subscription refuses to renew is the day I part company from Sony, and please note that I said 'Sony' not SOE. Many of us actually do understand the distinction.
tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #39
Fudged
Guild: Blood and Steel

Loremaster

So continue playing from Europe, whether that's on a US server or a EU server, we need to create a new account with PROSIEBEN?

WE DIDN'T WANT THIS! Signing up with (what evidence shows is) an un-trustworthy company with (what evidence shows) poor security and (what evidence shows) poor customer service and forum mods, who in their T&Cs state they will delete any inactive account older than 90 days is a DEAL BREAKER.

No, SoE, No.  Just No.

Fudged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #40
faith

Loremaster

Where's the option for those who've paid for a year and frankly will not go to Pro 7 to have a refund for the time left on their accounts?

faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #41
Mythal_EQ2

Loremaster

All I'm left with after this latest FAQ is the following:

• I am a valued customer of SoE.
  • My value is very specific.
  • In fact, it is equal to: Number of European Customers / Amount ProSieben paid for the distribution rights.

Since SoE finds it so agreeable to broker my business to someone else, I will -- somewhat regretfully -- tip my hat to you, give you the finger, and take my business elsewhere.

Cheerio.

D.

Mythal_EQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #42
Morgania434

Lord

@ Trevynoae Yeah i looked at your link, and the only changes are with regards to playing on a server you want, all- access type sub stuff. Nothing like what the customers actually wanted. Way to ruin a great game Sony
Morgania434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #43
Llogwey

Tester

All I see here is that you did not manage to address the main aspect of the problem we don't want to sign with PSS1, end of the line... Either we sign or we leave EQ2 ... I'm afraid my DEAR Brasse you will be there to live a MASS exodus of players... Anyway, some questions have not been answered AT ALL... Those who have a Station Access to play EQ2... and EQ1 (not covered in any event by PSS1) won't find in PSS1 version of the "station access" any way to play EQ1 except by PAYING a FULL sub for EQ2 and a FULL sub for EQ1 which is exactly what the station access is for : having an all in one subscription! I don't care for a "PSS1 ALL ACCESS" if that does not cover EQ1 this is NOT the same product in the end and will DEFINITLY not be the same price!

SO I want to know if I'll still be able to keep my EQ1 full access while in PSS1 without having to pay TWICE...

Can you provide an answer to this ?

Old 03-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #44
Fudged

Loremaster

Trevynoae wrote:

Just to mention:

The FAQ on alaplaya highlights the changes in blue (I don't see anything like that here - but that might be due to the template I am using): http://en.alaplaya.net/forum/genera...aq-t492961.html

Funny how a NEW addition to the security section was this:

Will my account information be kept private?Yes. ProSiebenSat.1 Games will never publicly disclose or discuss your account information.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #45
Kitsi
Server: Lucan DLere

Loremaster

/sad

I can't say that as a US player this won't affect me.  It will.  It will affect all of the servers and all of the players.  All of them.

And no date for required transition?  Really?

Somewhere in that paperwork are dates.

Sony has them. Sony knows them. Sony needs to tell them. 

Leading the players on like there is "plenty of time" does not look good, ya know?

Kitsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #46
Whilhelmina

Tester

You kinda forgot to speak about the possibility for EU servers players to move their chars to US servers if they don't want to touch a prosieben-run server.

EDIT to add the clarification on the question I posted later:

Yes, it does matter. US servers are SoE. EU servers are prosieben. EU servers will have the pleasure (*cought*) of getting extra stuff, you know, localised things, and why not some nice bought stuff on the brokers (mythicals anyone?) or delayed patches and stuff like that. You know, what happened to all others prosieben transferred games. So I do thing getting the hell out of EU servers is important for those that will keep playing.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #47
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Morgania434 wrote:

@ Trevynoae Yeah i looked at your link, and the only changes are with regards to playing on a server you want, all- access type sub stuff. Nothing like what the customers actually wanted.

I hate to say it:

But we had voices predicting right that.Posting such a FAQ on a friday evening (10pm here in germany!) is very unprofessional business. But I am sure it was planned that way so we have a weekend to enrage and hopefully things will have calmed down until monday when HUMANS get back into their offices (Sorry Brasse - as much as I like(d) you - impersonating any kind of fantastic figurine is highly inappropriate here - please stay the person you are because that is what we deserve).

@faith:

from what others reported so far - contact customer service and ask them to stop your subscription now and give you a prorated refund. at least that's what others could get.

@Llogwey: In fact - what you describe "except by PAYING a FULL sub for EQ2 and a FULL sub for EQ1" is what Coldor at PSS1 told me in a very blunt way on the IRC chat we had with him.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #48
Morgania434

Lord

In the Post today of the updated faq: In one part they said "is effective as of now" and in another part said " is effective as of 3/29/12" ( which was yesterday) and now Brasse is saying "plenty of time yet" WHICH IS IT? WHAT IS THE ACTUAL HARD DATE? This is just more smoke blowing imo
Old 03-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #49
Jagged Halo

Loremaster

Bye EQ2 it was fun

Jagged Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #50
Trevynoae

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

You kinda forgot to speak about the possibility for EU servers players to move their chars to US servers if they don't want to touch a prosieben-run server.

does that matter?

Check out brasse's reply to my question - you will not be able to access ANY server coming from europe without a pss1 account. So moving your characters doesn't really make any difference.

(edit: fixed rage-typo *smile*)

Old 03-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #51
SOE-MOD-16

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=51444...post_id=5739868 Trolling
SOE-MOD-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #52
Kachros

Loremaster

!!!!!!ACCOUNT CANCELLED!!!!!! 

That is all .....

Kachros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #53
faith

Loremaster

Trevynoae wrote:

Whi[email protected] wrote:

does that matter?

Check out brasse's reply to my question - you will not be able to access ANY server coming from europe without a pss1 account. So moving your characters doesn't really make and difference.

Sadly thats as i read it to be honest

faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #54
Morgania434

Lord

Yep, if you live in any of the EU countries listed you have to have a pss1 account to access eq2 after the end of your current account sub runs out. Conversly they ALSO stated that Active Sub accounts would be immediately transferred to pss1 data base. Apparently they STILL don't know the details of the deal. I forsee another 3 month "BUT WAIT WE ARE STILL WORKING AND LISTENING" to you post.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #55
General_Info

Lord

Some Questions:

1) will SC transfer on a 1-1 ratio meaning you not paying any more value for an item then you would in SC

2) will transfering charaters over to P7S1 also transfer billing information store on SOe's end

3) will existing pre-paid cards be redeemable on P7S1's end or will they release a version of their own pre-paid cards (this would satisfy those who want to play but dont trust P7S1 with their finacial details, assuming finacial details are not required to create a P7S1 account)

Old 03-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #56
SOE-MOD-16

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=51444...post_id=5739875 Commenting on moderation
Old 03-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #57
SOE-MOD-16

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=51444...post_id=5739877 Commenting on moderation
Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #58
Whilhelmina

Tester

Trevynoae wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

does that matter?

Check out brasse's reply to my question - you will not be able to access ANY server coming from europe without a pss1 account. So moving your characters doesn't really make and difference.

Yes, it does. US servers are SoE. EU servers are prosieben. EU servers will have the pleasure (*cought*) of getting extra stuff, you know, localised things, and why not some nice bought stuff on the brokers (mythicals anyone?) or delayed patches and stuff like that. You know, what happened to all others prosieben transferred games. So I do thing getting the hell out of EU servers is important for those that will keep playing.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #59
Fudged

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Regardless of whether we play on a US server or a EU server, we will need a Prosieben account to play.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #60
Calamares

Loremaster

Thanks SOE ,and bye EQ2 SMILEY i'd rather( and actually will) preorder GW2 than sign up with prosieben
Calamares is offline   Reply With Quote