EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
Abstract
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Tunare Watch

Loremaster

What are ppls opinions on letting PvE toons transfer to PvP servers?

i think most ppl disagreed with it b4 because they could come to PvP with full raid gear, but full raid gear is obtainable on pvp.

i personally wouldnt mind it, but thats just me.

Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
Paikis

Loremaster

I still say let em come, but without raid gear. Heck, let them COPY and keep their toon on both servers, just no raid gear on the pvp server.

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Paikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
Kendayar

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

i think most ppl disagreed with it b4 because they could come to PvP with full raid gear, but full raid gear is obtainable on pvp.

A small population would be considered raiders on Nagafen, and they're probably not recruiting atm. I could be wrong. I find it humorous that many disagree with people having full raid gear yet when the big boys from the opposite faction come out to play, who gets called upon to fight them? Oh, not to mention those same guys will hang out in the back and leech some kills behind a rock or something.

The rest = people with nothing but toons less than level 30 on their account whining and acting like they've been in t8 (read: they have t8 friends and try to incorporate what someone else said into their text) (go ahead and lol because i think everybody knows someone who does exactly that)

I'm all for new blood on pvp servers. The only thing raid geared people transferring over would do for me is give me another reason to gear up so I can have a good fight / keep up in their pvp groups.

There is a man riding a horse on my shirt.

Kendayar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
Rhodan

Loremaster

I really would want to have transfers. My wizard is stuck on blackburrow with nothing to do. No real challenges other than scripted NPCs that require groups. It's impossible for me to get motivated to even log him on anymore.

Rhodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
Azekah1

Loremaster

No, cuz then you would have all these newbs leveling to 80 then transfering to pvp servers...I won't get to kill thier undergeared [Removed for Content] all the way to t8!!!

Azekah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
Piccolo
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Campaign of Light

Loremaster

I was all for it when it was brought up the first time. I am all for it still.

Venekor and Vox have low population, allow transfers to them. . .

im here to pvp. the more targets the better. IDGAF about fame/infamy. i care about KvD a little, but i will take a couple deaths in a row for some good fights. i just want to fight. its fun.

Piccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #7
Taldier
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

Paikis wrote:

I still say let em come, but without raid gear. Heck, let them COPY and keep their toon on both servers, just no raid gear on the pvp server.

Agree.  I think we could probably be even more lenient though, just remove all avatar gear.  If a pve raid guild transfered they'd be able to refarm most instanced content easily enough anyway, but I'd like to see the bluebies try to down a contested mob.

Taldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
Sheissam

Loremaster

Paikis wrote:

Let them come, who cares what kind of gear they have, they are gonna be total nubs.  We who have been pvping for years take it for granted.  There's a pretty big learning curve when you switch from pve to pvp if you remember.

The better raid gear will also help the city factions in their pve raids.  Cities are still behind exiles.  Denying this doesn't make it any less true.  We know now that it had absolutely nothing to do with skill and everything to do with having all classes.  Empirical evidence ftw.

So let them come.  PvP is going to die hard after this last update.  Allowing pve transfers would give Nagafen the life-support it is going to need until the devs pull their heads out of their butts or SOE hires someone with a business backround to make business decisions.

Sheissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #9
Cyst
Server: Venekor
Guild: Circle of Storms

Loremaster

Let them come, and let them keep all of their gear.

Cyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #10
Meatmonster
Guild: Highkeep Heros

Loremaster

This seems like the most likely option, because it appears that Sony isn't interested in any methods of fixing the population density between the PVP servers that doesn't make them a ton of money.

I'm fine with it, ultimately. If you don't want PVE servers coming in with the gear, at least give them a suit of issued armor akin to Legendary or whatever, don't send them here naked.

Meatmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #11
stgninja

Loremaster

Yeah, let them come over with their raid gear.  They would be nothing more but additional kills/writ updates.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #12
Chaosretu

General

[email protected] wrote:

I'll give you the one and only reason this should and will not be allowed. You got all your PvE gear, levels, AA. Just EVERYTHING without the fear of dying in pvp, losing money (seen as much as 100p drop) getting pushed out of a zone ect. PvE is easy. Why allow someone who didn't have to experience the same thing as a PvP server play. You think rushing to beat a contested mob is hard? All you have to worry about is engaging first. You can engage first then get wiped while fighting.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #13
Twinbladed
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Just because they have raid gear is not gonna make them good pvpers let them all come, then worry about them after they learn how to pvp lol

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote