EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 02:39 AM   #1
Silverzx

Loremaster

and it has nothing to do with fame.  When you feel your going to die you will run/evac even if nothing to lose.  Also, you can only gain fame if they are 1 title higher than you.  You will gain 0 fame if they are same title or 1 below you.

Silverzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:52 AM   #2
Chaosretu

General

you're an idiot. First you cant evac after engage and secondly.......OF COURSE YOU CAN RUN. You're always gona have people who run thats part of the game. [Removed for Content] do you want? People to be rooted as soon as they engage? And I got fame from someone lower then me so I dont know what you're talking about

Old 04-04-2009, 03:53 AM   #3
Novusod

Loremaster

How do you know the evac'ers don't have quest plat on them?

Old 04-04-2009, 05:37 AM   #4
Silverzx

Loremaster

Chaosreturn wrote:

you're an idiot. First you cant evac after engage and secondly.......OF COURSE YOU CAN RUN. You're always gona have people who run thats part of the game. [Removed for Content] do you want? People to be rooted as soon as they engage? And I got fame from someone lower then me so I dont know what you're talking about

first of all idiot, i didn't say they engaged.  i'm saying that they evaced,  what a [Removed for Content].  this was in response to the thread where they say that everyone is actually fighting now and thats bull.  ok maybe in token farming LS but thats it.  you gained fame cuz your a hunter/slayer you're never gonna reach the higher ranks to know that we're not getting fame.  So obvious that people like you would never make any title with the old system in place, you shouldn't even care about titles. k thanks

Old 04-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #5
max.power

Loremaster

Silverzx wrote:

and it has nothing to do with fame.  When you feel your going to die you will run/evac even if nothing to lose.  Also, you can only gain fame if they are 1 title higher than you.  You will gain 0 fame if they are same title or 1 below you.

Noone ever said that people don't run AT ALL. People that don't want to give you fame or an update to your writ or have a good amount of money on them will still run - that's absolutely OK and part of open world PvP.

But people have one reason less to run: Fame loss.

I'm pretty sure that there are many people out there that now fight against the odds, like me.

I like the new fame system so far (except the fame decay while offline, that's a bit too much....) and gives people without track and evac finally a chance to do stuff. It's annoying enough that you die to a group while questing or getting shot by a ranger that you haven't had a chance to see coming (still thinking here of people without track, mind you).

max.power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #6
Chaosretu

General

Silverzx wrote:

Chaosreturn wrote:

first of all idiot, i didn't say they engaged.  i'm saying that they evaced,  what a [Removed for Content].  this was in response to the thread where they say that everyone is actually fighting now and thats bull.  ok maybe in token farming LS but thats it.  you gained fame cuz your a hunter/slayer you're never gonna reach the higher ranks to know that we're not getting fame.  So obvious that people like you would never make any title with the old system in place, you shouldn't even care about titles. k thanks

yes you did. You said when someone feels like they're gona die they just evac or run. So someone whose not engage feels like they're gona die before even getting into a fight? What, a entire raid is coming straight for them? You want them to stay and die. What the hell are you even complaining about? People evacing before getting into a fight? Give me a break.

You don't want people to run or evac? Why? You think everyone fights everyone they see?

Old 04-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #7
Silverzx

Loremaster

Chaosreturn wrote:

Silverzx wrote:

Chaosreturn wrote:

yes you did. You said when someone feels like they're gona die they just evac or run. So someone whose not engage feels like they're gona die before even getting into a fight? What, a entire raid is coming straight for them? You want them to stay and die. What the hell are you even complaining about? People evacing before getting into a fight? Give me a break.

You don't want people to run or evac? Why? You think everyone fights everyone they see?

omg, i give up, you really are slow aren't you.  you do NOT have to engage to feel that you are going to die!!  example sk or dreadnaught wizard charging at a ranger, troub, cirge, etc.  He doesn't even engage he just pops the evac button.  Unimaginable right? Pleae use your imagination, a raid is not required to get someone to evac!! and please show me where i said that you can evac while in combat.  Remember what they say when you ASSume?

Old 04-05-2009, 06:29 AM   #8
Faenril
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Silverzx wrote:

and it has nothing to do with fame. When you feel your going to die you will run/evac even if nothing to lose. Also, you can only gain fame if they are 1 title higher than you. You will gain 0 fame if they are same title or 1 below you.

Noone ever said that people don't run AT ALL. People that don't want to give you fame or an update to your writ or have a good amount of money on them will still run - that's absolutely OK and part of open world PvP.

But people have one reason less to run: Fame loss.

I'm pretty sure that there are many people out there that now fight against the odds, like me.

I like the new fame system so far (except the fame decay while offline, that's a bit too much....) and gives people without track and evac finally a chance to do stuff. It's annoying enough that you die to a group while questing or getting shot by a ranger that you haven't had a chance to see coming (still thinking here of people without track, mind you).

I must have missed the memo that I couldn't quest without track and evac because my illy soloed all ROK and moors quests...

I actually think in the long run this system will not change much: those who enjoy fighting against the odds did it before regardless of fame, those who enjoy an easy kill ganked before and will continue ganking as it's the way they roll..

Faenril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #9
Ahlana

Loremaster

They will always evac and run when the odds are not in their favor. I can't even seem to get a 1v1 on people that would rather die by zerging into the docks. [Removed for Content] kind of sense does that make? If you are willing to kamikaze why not try a nice fair 1v1? People really boggle me sometimes by I guess that is just the way it goes.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #10
Silverzx

Loremaster

exactly! they thought changing it so no fame loss will change the way people behave.  Yeah only on the lavastorm docks but thats it.....I have yet to witness anything different elsewhere.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #11
Faenril
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

Ppl who evac do it because they know they are not good/strong enough to win. The only difference with new fame system is you get less [Removed for Content] when they come back with a few friends and kill you 2 minutes later.
Faenril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #12
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance

Loremaster

Silverzx wrote:

this was in response to the thread where they say that everyone is actually fighting now and thats bull.

Then why didn't you respond in that thread. Why another thread to pollute the 1st page? Starting a new thread does not necessarily mean that you'll have more people agree with you. It means that those that don't are just going to have to keep track of yet another thread discussing the same topic.

Regardless.. people run/escape for many reasons. I'll always evac from a group. I have never had more than a Hunter title, and that lasted less than two days. Fame means nothing to me. I'll stand and fight in any one on one.. even though I'm always under-equipped in MC gear.

Bottom line.. most people that complain about people running/escaping, are usually groups/raids who are [Removed for Content] because a solo got away from their death trap. To those folks.. let it go.. PvP isn't about running around a zone mowing harvesters and questers down and expecting them to just stand there and accept it. Revival sickness is an inconvenience. And, nobody is interested in giving a group/raid the satisfaction of hand them their writ update on a silver platter.

Anyways.. people will always run/escape. It's a survival tactic/reaction. Sure they have nothing to lose but their dignity. Some people value their dignity.

Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #13
Azekah1

Loremaster

Had a certain member from Ganked X run from me solo several times last night...OH WAIT THEY ALWAYS RUN WHEN THEY ARE SOLO!!!AHHAHAH!

What a bunch of nubs.

Azekah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #14
ulleulle

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Silverzx wrote:

this was in response to the thread where they say that everyone is actually fighting now and thats bull.

Then why didn't you respond in that thread. Why another thread to pollute the 1st page? Starting a new thread does not necessarily mean that you'll have more people agree with you. It means that those that don't are just going to have to keep track of yet another thread discussing the same topic.

Regardless.. people run/escape for many reasons. I'll always evac from a group. I have never had more than a Hunter title, and that lasted less than two days. Fame means nothing to me. I'll stand and fight in any one on one.. even though I'm always under-equipped in MC gear.

Bottom line.. most people that complain about people running/escaping, are usually groups/raids who are [Removed for Content] because a solo got away from their death trap. To those folks.. let it go.. PvP isn't about running around a zone mowing harvesters and questers down and expecting them to just stand there and accept it. Revival sickness is an inconvenience. And, nobody is interested in giving a group/raid the satisfaction of hand them their writ update on a silver platter.

Anyways.. people will always run/escape. It's a survival tactic/reaction. Sure they have nothing to lose but their dignity. Some people value their dignity.

Normally i do not agree with you spyder.

But that one sentence is what makes it tick for alot of people that stopped focussing on some delusional text above their head =)

Cheers

Jabib

ulleulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #15
Mary the Prophetess

Loremaster

A lion is on the hunt.  He's hungry, and he's a skilled stalker and hunter.

Up ahead in a clearing is a gazelle.  Separated from the herd, he is alone.  He too is hungry, and has been quietly feeding of the forage closeby.  He is alert for danger, and pauses frequently, sniffing the air and turning his head from side to side listening for any approaching sounds.

The lion crouches low and sizes up his prey.  He takes his time and sets it up right.

But the gazelle is suddenly alert.  It somehow has sensed the danger, and as the lion breaks cover it is one step ahead of the big cat.  Dodging and leaping it manages to stay just ahead of its attacker, until the lion tires and gives up the chase.

Now the question is:

Is the lion still hungry because his prey is a less skilled lion than he is,  or is he still hungry because his prey is a better skilled gazelle? 

Mary the Prophetess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #16
Sheissam

Loremaster

Mary the Prophetess wrote:

Up ahead in a clearing is a gazelle.  Separated from the herd, he is alone.  He too is hungry, and has been quietly feeding of the forage closeby.  He is alert for danger, and pauses frequently, sniffing the air and turning his head from side to side listening for any approaching sounds.

The lion crouches low and sizes up his prey.  He takes his time and sets it up right.

But the gazzelle is suddenly alert.  It somehow has sensed the danger, and as the lion breaks cover it is one step ahead of the big cat.  dodging and leaping it manages to stay just ahead of its attacker, until the lion tires and gives up the chase.

Now the question is:

Is the lion still hungry because his prey is an unskilled lion, or is he still hungry because his prey is a better skilled gazelle? 

Or ask rather, does the deer run to save its infamy, its life, or its pride?    

Does the lion whine to others that stalking prey would be so much easier if deer just lay down and die?  Complain how lame it is that everytime they go to attack a deer, the deer perceives them and runs away?  That if death was removed as a penalty, the deer wouldn't run and it would be more rewarding for the lion and the deer?

All that time the lions spend sharpening their claws is wasted when deer simply run away.  Now I think this analogy is going somewhere.

Sheissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #17
kreepr

General

Sheissam wrote:

Mary the Prophetess wrote:

But the gazzelle is suddenly alert.  It somehow has sensed the danger, and as the lion breaks cover it is one step ahead of the big cat.  dodging and leaping it manages to stay just ahead of its attacker, until the lion tires and gives up the chase.

Now the question is:

Is the lion still hungry because his prey is an unskilled lion, or is he still hungry because his prey is a better skilled gazelle? 

Or ask rather, does the deer run to save its infamy, its life, or its pride?    

Does the lion whine to others that stalking prey would be so much easier if deer just lay down and die?  Complain how lame it is that everytime they go to attack a deer, the deer perceives them and runs away?  That if death was removed as a penalty, the deer wouldn't run and it would be more rewarding for the lion and the deer?

All that time the lions spend sharpening their claws is wasted when deer simply run away.  Now I think this analogy is going somewhere.

No the Gazzelle is just a coward........ {:- P

kreepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #18
Sheissam

Loremaster

but alive to graze another day.  And the deer shouldn't care what the lion thinks, its just a stupid lion.  A dumb, idiotic lion that spends all day sharpening its claws to impress himself.

Sheissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #19
kreepr

General

Sarcasm eludes you. I am all for anyone having what ever way they can to escape. If they get away from me good for them. No skin off my back.

kreepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #20
liveja

General

Silverzx wrote:

When you feel your going to die you will run/evac even if nothing to lose.

Last I heard, if my opponent runs or evacs ... I won. Sure, I'll stay fully tactical for a bit, in case he/she comes back with friends ... but I still won that round.

In fact, IMO, seeing an opponent run or evac is even sweeter to me. See, if they stay & fight, they think they have a chance ... but if they run or evac, they're admitting they knew they were going to lose & either had to bug out for good, or needed reinforcements. Either one makes me smile.