EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
Faenril
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

So let's consider a purely theoritical scenario...

- Imagine a dev starts himself a thread to announce a major core pvp ruleset change.

- Imagine said dev does reply to the questions this posts rightfully raises, nor give a detailed description for 2 months.

- Imagine said change hits live untested.

- Imagine said change hits live without further explanation.

Would that be respectful to the customer ?

/discuss

PS: /hug Kiara SMILEY

Faenril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
Paikis

Loremaster

And imagine someone made a(nother) thread following up the first (two) thread(s) that got locked. Would that be respectful of the forum rules?

With one or two reservations, I quite like this update, and reading the same complaint spelled 40 million different ways is starting to get old. I get it, you don't like this update. You have in-game /feedback and /bug to express your displeasure, all this thread does is allow the same people the ability to start the same arguement that got the last thread locked.

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Paikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
kreepr

General

Paikis wrote:

And imagine someone made a(nother) thread following up the first (two) thread(s) that got locked. Would that be respectful of the forum rules?

With one or two reservations, I quite like this update, and reading the same complaint spelled 40 million different ways is starting to get old. I get it, you don't like this update. You have in-game /feedback and /bug to express your displeasure, all this thread does is allow the same people the ability to start the same arguement that got the last thread locked.

The point is we cant even really feedback properly because we don't really know how it is supposed to work THEY WONT TELL US.  There was a post not to long ago but I cant find it now, about how they where going to start communicating with us and letting us know whats happening. The devs seem to be responding to everything but this with some answers. Why?? Kiara posted saying that the fix had been patched in and all was working and they would get an explanation incoming on how it works. Well there where people still posting after that saying that infamy hits where not consistent. So is it still bugged or working as intended I don't think anyone knows for sure. So how do we give them feedback when they wont tell us how it works???

Edit* found the link------>  http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=445957

kreepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
Faenril

Loremaster

Paikis wrote:

Definitely not. Fortunately that's not the case here.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
Paranormal_Researcher

Loremaster

This is bordering on ridiculous now.

An mmo team isnt required in any way to tell you the specific or even general details of upcoming patches/updates.

You think its easy to fix all the sploiting cowards on the pvp server? If you have such great ideas and write such flawless code then go run your own private.

I get really tired of complete newbs telling devs this is supposed to be some kind of service industry.

It isnt. Its the gaming industry, more specifically MMO's. They are by far the buggiest, most exploited, most poorly updated/patched games in the industry and its for a good reason that is actually understandable when you consider the thousands of people that bang on their code every day.

You should be happy we are told anything. Some MMO's early on didnt even give update notes just scheduled dates for the patches and thats it. If you wanted to know what changed you found out for yourself instead of having it spoon fed like you never played an snes game without the directions before.

Paranormal_Researcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
Dorsan
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

Paranormal Researcher, why are you so much against getting any decent service for your money? Just because something is as it is it doesn't mean it should be that way. Yes, MMOs are known for poor customer service and for buggy code, but that is not because of any objective reason that is because of the equally poor quality of the competition. If there would be only cars going 10mph on the market then all the makers would stick to that because it is cheap to manufacture them. However customer demand is what will eventually define the market and as time passes those development companies who actually show respect to their customer base will prevail. That said, game effecting decisions should be never decided by the playerbase because we are not qualified to do so. However the development team should communicate their reasoning and plans to address the current issues or at least to tell us about their plans to address the issues that are going to produce canceled subscriptions. What I would like to see is communication. Thank you.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
Faenril

Loremaster

I agree they are not forced to tell us anything in advance. But when they do, and we ask legitimate questions or give warnings / raise points, one would expect this feedback to be taken under consideration / adressed. Otherwise they may as well make the original anouncement post and lock it directly with same net result.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
Kiara

Community Relations

Guys...  This needs to stop, please.

There are tons of threads giving feedback about the changes.  Yes, I've said that I will try to find you answers as to how it is meant to work.

I've asked that the threads stop being recreated after being locked.

I'd really rather not have to break out the whips and chains.

So please, let's pick a thread and stick with it and stop spamming the forums.

Thank you.

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote