EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-22-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
QuietRobot

Loremaster

I'll be the first to admit I was out of the game for quite a while, so this may sound totally newbish. But I started up a new berserker this week (because I liked my previous one so much, but kind of wanted to start the game over as a tank again), and when I hit 20 today, I went to the broker to see who was selling crafted carbonite armor. I found plenty of armor, but to my surprise, the armor doesn't look like it used to. The carbonite armor looks like the feyiron (level 30 crafted stuff) stuff used to... that dark-blue/greyish scaled looking plate armor. Then I searched for the feysteel stuff to see what it looks like. And it too looks like the feyiron stuff used to look. Same with the level 40 armor... the same stuff that my level 48 berserker is wearing now (that he bought back in July of '05, mind you) is called Pristine Forged Fulginate Vanguard armor. And now that stuff, at least what's for sale on the broker,  looks like the feyiron stuff, too. So here's my question -- is my dressing-room window merely bugged, or did the crafted plate armor get a change in the very long time since I've been looking to buy plate armor? If so, why and how?
QuietRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:04 AM   #2
StoneySilen

General

If your using the dressing room then only the piece that you are "looking" at changes not your whole suit.  So are you sure you were looking at your hands if you were clicking on gloves or your bp if you were looking at a bp etc..? It is a new feature so it could be bugged but I personally have not read about this bug nor experienced it.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:19 AM   #3
Eriol

Loremaster

They did change appearances a while ago, but the other reply is correct in that sometimes you have to put on "the right piece" to get another to show. For example, most plate legs overwrite the boot appearance, even with no boots on at all. So be careful both ways here. I'm pretty sure you're right about the level 20 stuff though.
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:56 AM   #4
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

QuietRobot wrote:
I'll be the first to admit I was out of the game for quite a while, so this may sound totally newbish. But I started up a new berserker this week (because I liked my previous one so much, but kind of wanted to start the game over as a tank again), and when I hit 20 today, I went to the broker to see who was selling crafted carbonite armor. I found plenty of armor, but to my surprise, the armor doesn't look like it used to. The carbonite armor looks like the feyiron (level 30 crafted stuff) stuff used to... that dark-blue/greyish scaled looking plate armor. Then I searched for the feysteel stuff to see what it looks like. And it too looks like the feyiron stuff used to look. Same with the level 40 armor... the same stuff that my level 48 berserker is wearing now (that he bought back in July of '05, mind you) is called Pristine Forged Fulginate Vanguard armor. And now that stuff, at least what's for sale on the broker,  looks like the feyiron stuff, too. So here's my question -- is my dressing-room window merely bugged, or did the crafted plate armor get a change in the very long time since I've been looking to buy plate armor? If so, why and how?
Are you aware that vanguard armour and plate armour look completely different?
Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
QuietRobot

Loremaster

shaunfletcher wrote:
Are you aware that vanguard armour and plate armour look completely different?
Yeah, I do realize that.  While I'm not exactly sure what the level 20 armor my previous berserker wore was called, aside from having "carbonite" in its name, I was (and am still) confused about the look of the level 20 stuff.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #6
Rijacki

Tester

In GU24 when all of crafting was changed, nearly all crafted armor appearances were changed, too. For cloth, there is no difference in appearance between common, rare, tunic, robe, etc. For the other armor types, the are generally only one or two appearances shared between all the armor crafted types. In all cases, the appearances are jumbled from what they were prior to GU24. It's as if the dev then was barely paying attention to the armor looks when linking them to recipes and took the easiest routes possible.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:56 PM   #7
QuietRobot

Loremaster

Rijacki wrote:
In GU24 when all of crafting was changed, nearly all crafted armor appearances were changed, too. For cloth, there is no difference in appearance between common, rare, tunic, robe, etc. For the other armor types, the are generally only one or two appearances shared between all the armor crafted types. In all cases, the appearances are jumbled from what they were prior to GU24.
Ah, okay.... that's what I was going to assume happened. Thanks for clearing that up for me, however depressing it is. I guess that gives me the incentive to save up for the rare-component armor set stuff.