EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #1
Mystiq

General

Well it was mentioned a while ago that I and the rest of the mystic community should share our UI configs, so let's do that shall we? I'll go first...just pray that my bandwidth holds up. Click the image to see the full size.Anyways, My UI mod is ProfitUI.  I like to think that I've managed to make everything I need visible without covering too much screen space thanks to running 1600x1200 resolution.At the bottom of the screen is a stat strip which is very handy for keeping tabs on resists during raids. Under the group window I've placed my clickies hotkey strip, super small sized in a convenient location. Combat spam is right of the group window, main chat is at the left. The group window itself has functions like auto assist when you click someone's name, and the status effect icons act as the appropriate cure when clicked, without losing your target even if it is not who you are curing. Above the hotkeys is a smaller player, target, and implied target window for quick referencing. The full sized versions of these windows is at the top of the screen with nice fat bars. Buffs are on the left, maintained showing the buff names (but sadly SOE broke the ability to see the target of the buff and duration remaining). On the right is a nice, rather compact raid window, and two rows of hotkeys that serve to equip all of my main gear plus JBoots and horsey. Upper right is my quest helper of course, and upper left is a small control center for things like the start button, volume and complex shader controls, and night vision.So let's see em guys, post your UI's!

Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #2
Ordate

Loremaster

I don't have much of a custom UI... But a swear one day Im going to make one that has every health bar in a raid take up practically the entire screen so that I have an easier time of targetting someone in another group to heal/bolster/etc.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:25 PM   #3
Sa'meria

Loremaster

I use ExtremeUI, except i made all the windows transparent.
Ekoj Atsuj - Wizzy
Sa'meria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:41 PM   #4
Eepop

Loremaster

Im lame I guess....I just use the default UI for stuff thats always on screen.  Only UI mods I use are EQ2Map, and Fetish Quest Journal and HTML window (so I can see my parses).
Old 07-27-2006, 01:08 AM   #5
SonnyA

Loremaster

This is what I use. Most of it is standard. But I like to see the percentage number in my target windows (and my own hp/mana in the personal)

I play on a 24" widescreen, so my normal resolution is 1920x1200. I scaled it down to 1280x800.

That feminine looking guy is me, in SOGA.

SonnyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:38 AM   #6
Mystiq

General

You sure do got a purdy mouth...

Old 07-27-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
Plomien

Loremaster

I use the fetish nightfall UI mainly because of the lovely cure button that is there.

We are currently recruiting, click the siggy if you are interested
Plomien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:53 PM   #8
thedu

General

I still use the default. I should probably find something better but oh well
thedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:22 AM   #9
Vayn

Loremaster

Wow, thanks Mystique.  I dl'd the Profit UI today and it's fantastic.  There are a lot more features than what you've listed (too many to list, really)- all great. 

And, no - I don't work for them SMILEY

Old 07-29-2006, 01:57 AM   #10
Sokolov

Loremaster

For me, Profit UI is pretty much the only UI that even LOOKS like an actual UI.  Of course, it works as good as it looks too SMILEY

Healing Guide - Version 0.5
Fate has perfect wings
Sokolov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:39 PM   #11
Mystiq

General

I've been using Profit UI pretty much since it's inception, and for me that's saying a lot, because I'm usually never satisfied with this or that and always seek a newer, better, different look.  I'm certainly still looking for that perfect EQ1 UI. It did however take me a while to get used to the big target and player windows and their header placement. In fact back when I used fewer hotkey bars, and before nifty target effects icons became a must see,  I had slightly scaled down, titlebar free target windows made and placed them down accross the lower middle of my screen where the smaller 3 bars are now. I tended to not  miss my target's health going down very often that's for sure, but it became too much of a space hog so up they went.Don't be afraid to post shots of your layout, even if it's default it's interesting to see how people interface with the game :smileyhappy:.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:10 PM   #12
Triyton

Loremaster

When I clicked the link at the top it took me to Profit's home on EQ2Interface where ThorUI is one of the top rated and Profit is about number 4-5 in ratings and popularity, not counting EQ2Map.  Download instructions state "Please download the attached ZIP file and extract it to your Everquest II directory, overwriting existing files."  This suggests it overwrites Everquest files and would make it hard to uninstall, but perhaps that is misleading.  Thor by comparison has it's own subdirectory.

The listed ability to click a DoT on a player to cure it sure sounds good, but is this ability only found in Profit?  Is Profit intended especially for Mystics, or Priests, or what.  Can anyone here compare it with the other popular UI's?
Triyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #13
Loral

General

Triyton wrote:
Download instructions state "Please download the attached ZIP file and extract it to your Everquest II directory, overwriting existing files."  This suggests it overwrites Everquest files and would make it hard to uninstall, but perhaps that is misleading.  Thor by comparison has it's own subdirectory.

The only file it overwrites is your EQ2.ini. All the rest is in it's own directory. ThorUI also needs to write stuff in that file too, as it is in there that the pointer to the UI directory is written..

Triyton wrote:
The listed ability to click a DoT on a player to cure it sure sounds good, but is this ability only found in Profit?  Is Profit intended especially for Mystics, or Priests, or what.  Can anyone here compare it with the other popular UI's?

I can only say that I am now sold on it since seeing the progress the guy made in it since the first tries. And not only for my Mystic, but for my Conjuror too. Very slick, slim and alot of information. The only change I would make would be to put back the original bag/bank/inventory windows, as theses are really too small for my personnal taste on my big widescreen resolution.

I don't know if that cure ability is only found in ProfitUI, but in itself, it is easily programmable once you know how. If it is not implemented in other UIs, I expect it to become a feature soon. (I wonder if adding /stopcasting would be good for thoses buttons... Instantly stops whatever you are casting to cast the cure... Nice to get thoses Debilitates off your Tank)

Old 08-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #14
Banditman

Loremaster

You can, by renaming a couple files, change back to the "default" bags and Inventory UI.  The one built into Profit was too small for me as well.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #15
Mystiq

General

Every UI mod has to be installed the same way to the same place (a new folder inside your Everquest IIUI folder). Any files that are "overwritten" are really just named the same as whatever default UI file they are "replacing", but are seperated from the default files completely. The only exception is the eq2.ini file, included with some but not all UI mods, that tells the game to look in your custom UI folder first for your UI files, then for any other file it needs that is not there, it looks in the default folder. Uninstalling a UI is nothing more than deleting, renaming or moving your eq2ui.ini file, at which point the patcher will replace it and the default UI will be loaded.As for comparing Profit to Thor, I wouldn't let the top favorites and most downloaded sections make up your mind about them. It's a good way to see what the most popular mods are, which usually means they provide the most utility and improvement over the default, and are maintained well to be up-to-date with any game changes that occur. What I tend to look at more is the date listed in the interface information page of a particular mod. That is the last date that download was updated. The most recent Profit mod, called "ProfitUI Reborn II" since it is maintained by authors who are not the original creator of the mod, was updated July of this year. The most recent update for the Thor UI mod, which I assume is that auto update file, has a date from September of last year. It doesn't seem like Thor is being maintained very well, or if it is, it has a new name or is being updated via the interface's forum thread, which tends to be cluttered and disorganized.If I were you, I'd take a look at some of the most recently updated complete sets (and take a look at Fetish in the featured section), download a few that you like and try them for yourself.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:48 AM   #16
Makta

I use the standard UI but this is my setup.
Makta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:56 AM   #17
samejima

Loremaster

ok so i love playing with uis so this thread is all me SMILEY though im a defiler not a mystic T_T hope thats not a problem anyways here how i playthe raid window is smaller and fits directly over my spells and is the size of them i put it over the buffs so its relly close to my group window  and dosent take to much room so i can see whats going on

Message Edited by samejima on 08-15-2006 06:29 AM

samejima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:08 AM   #18
exxxie

Loremaster

Quote:
The listed ability to click a DoT on a player to cure it sure sounds good, but is this ability only found in Profit?
Nope, Fetish UI has this. Find Fetish at Eq2interface.com, personally I find it superior to everything else out there, its clear, info laden and highly customisable. It's a matter of personal preference.
exxxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:50 AM   #19
Finora

Tester

Oh nice UI features. I'm going to have to check out those cure buttons, that is awesome.

I currently use my own personal customized UI, mostly standard looking stuff made smaller and moved to where I like it. I've been too lazy to do anything fancy. (I have a really crappy small moniter /cry. I'm hoping it dies soon so I have a good reason to get a new big one).
Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #20
tebion

Loremaster

i tried profit yesterday and i just can say, ... it rocks!i just have to get used to the new layout, died twice yesterday because i didnt see that i was in the red hp area SMILEYmy only problem is, that i dont see the exp-bar any more, but i guess that is just a matter of minutes to let it show again (unless i am blind and didnt see it)

small and proud of it
tebion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #21
Banditman

Loremaster

It's not a bar in Profit, it gives you the actual numbers.  It's in the upper left by default I think.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #22
LadySortile

Thanks thanks thanks Mystique. I love that UI (Profit UI).

Sotilege
Mystic Level 70 

Message Edited by LadySortilege on 08-04-2006 06:13 AM

Old 08-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #23
Darkt0wer

Loremaster

Mystic, I use ProfitUI also but I don't have the hp, power regain stats in the top left coner like you do.  Is there a setting I can change to get that or is it an add-on?
Darkt0wer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #24
Mystiq

General

Darkt0wer wrote:Mystic, I use ProfitUI also but I don't have the hp, power regain stats in the top left coner like you do.  Is there a setting I can change to get that or is it an add-on?

You wanna know something funny? I had no idea those figures were there till you just pointed them out!  They are definately new as of a month or so. I haven't been playing much recently but I always make sure to have the latest builds of Profit if one is released, so I must have just skipped over the release notes that mentioned the regen being added.If you want to get those to show up, first make sure you have the latest Profit releease, then go into the window settings for the player window, and mess with the titlebar settings untill you see the regen values.  Often times with highly customized mods such as Profit, there are a world of possibilities available just by playing with the window settings for a window.Lots of interesting layouts so far, keep 'em coming!  I'm so glad that some of you were impressed enough to give the Profit UI a try. It certainly can take some getting used to, but I think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.  Fetish UI is similar in this way, I just couldn't get used to the funky bars and bulky group window. To each his/her own of course :smileyhappy:

Old 08-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #25
Kytraan

Loremaster

I just started playing my Mystic again (after going Paladin and then Warlock) and I like several thing about your UI. The stat bar and the hp/pwr regen stats are awesome. I also like the translucent raid window, and the fact that the names of the maintained spells are listed next to the bar.

I play on a widescreen and use 1900x1080 resolution, so I have things a little more spread out. I use the default interface and moved it around to my taste. 

Is it possible to only install pieces of a UI, such as the maintained spell window with the names next to it or the stat bars you have? If I could do this I would.

Also, there are a few things I would love to see in a UI specifically as a Mystic. One of the habits I have developed while playing a mystic is to hover my mouse cursor over the ward listed in the maintained spell window to see how much time/hp it has left. I would love to see this added to the maintained spell window the way the names of the spell have been added here. That would be something I could really use as a mystic (much more so than the other classes I play).

Kytraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #26
Banditman

Loremaster

Yes, it's possible, but you really need to know something about UI's to do it.  There is another thread here somewhere that has a picture of my character with UI up.  Its fairly near the top of the forum.  Anyway, if you look at my UI, you'll notice that it's "mostly" Profit, but for instance my maintained spell window is the EQ2 default.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:45 AM   #27
Master2you

Loremaster

I use the standard UI but this is my setup.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #28
Mystiq

General

Kytraan wrote:

I just started playing my Mystic again (after going Paladin and then Warlock) and I like several thing about your UI. The stat bar and the hp/pwr regen stats are awesome. I also like the translucent raid window, and the fact that the names of the maintained spells are listed next to the bar.

I play on a widescreen and use 1900x1080 resolution, so I have things a little more spread out. I use the default interface and moved it around to my taste. 

Is it possible to only install pieces of a UI, such as the maintained spell window with the names next to it or the stat bars you have? If I could do this I would.

Also, there are a few things I would love to see in a UI specifically as a Mystic. One of the habits I have developed while playing a mystic is to hover my mouse cursor over the ward listed in the maintained spell window to see how much time/hp it has left. I would love to see this added to the maintained spell window the way the names of the spell have been added here. That would be something I could really use as a mystic (much more so than the other classes I play).

In regards to your query about showing the remaining ward left directly in the maintained spells window, I'm afraid this isn't possible. One would think that since the information is being pushed to make it display in a tooltip when you mouse over the icon, you can simply make the information display at all times, but xml has nothing to do with logic sadly. This is one of the first requests several of us made at eqinterface.com after the information was put in game, but nobody was able to make it happen.

Old 08-13-2006, 02:45 AM   #29
SonnyA

Loremaster

I really wish I could get the Persona information status bar (the one that shows run, hp and mana regen), but I haven't been able to find one on eq2interface.com. However, I did find a very nice replacement for Persona.

It shows all the good stuff, but still need to press P when I want to see it.

The link to the download page is www.eq2interface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=4280

Oh, and those "click to cure" group windows aren't all that. I tried it and found out that I never use it. Who uses the mouse to cure? It's simply not fast enough. The best way to cure fast is to have Balm hotkeyed in an easy to reach slot. I use WASD to move and my Balm is on ctrl-1. I can cure anything almost instantly only by stretching my left ring finger and press ctrl with the palm. Works really well.

SonnyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:23 AM   #30
Vayn

Loremaster

Well, for the MT I still use my /stopcasting & use cure macro but I like the little icons in the group window because I can hit them w/o switching targets for the others in the group.  That's the feature, I think.