EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-09-2009, 04:26 AM   #1
Sheissam

Loremaster

Simple solution to save eq2 pvp:  bring back fameloss from death, add a fame-reset option allowing you to reset to no-title every 30 days.

Why this is a great idea:  LU51 attempts to fix a perceived problem with the fame system.  The old way discouraged free-flowing pvp, blah, blah, blah, you know the story.  Famewhores and immunity-huggers were supposedly taken care of with this latest patch.  

We sacrificied too much for this change.  There is no more thrill, no more adrenaline rush.  Its boring and is growing more stupid by the day.

A fame-reset option would fix the perceived problem if you bring back fameloss from death.  Keep fame decay, it doesn't matter.  

When I lost General on my troub after going exile, it was alot of fun being reset and working my way back up. 

Sheissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #2
Legion2024

Loremaster

only to people that only wanted fame, alot are here just to kill and  thats the thrill in it for most, atlest there is pvp. All Soe needs to do is get new servers for the game and advertise to get more players in and there will be pvp everywhere not just Ls or kp or jw and maybe make the castle in kp somethign to fight for, but then again if we have objectives the pvp will be the same alot of peeps in one place fighting, so we add another 2 castles one in ant and cl that would split the pvp up abit, but then again people would complain that the pvp is to spread out over this SMALL gaming area.

Keeps and castles with in this game would bring it to the top of mmos  overnight

Legion2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
Chaosretu

General

I don't understand why fame wasn't reset on recent change? If they ever give fame a meaning I hope they reset it. Everything the developers are doing right now is stupid.