EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
Novusod

Loremaster

GU 51 did a lot to improve pvp by introducing fame decay and encouraging title huggers to come out or detitle. But there is still much work to do in making the system more fair. It still seems players can gain fame while in a full group while ganking one player. There is no skill or risk in six people ganking one player so there should be no reward or even negative fame given to the coward gankers. The system should favor those that give fair fights and punish those who fight dirty or leech or gank.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
Jamil
Server: Venekor
Guild: Extreme Suspects

General

if you havent noticed yet there is no risk at all anymore. no matter if its 24vs1, 6vs1 or 1vs1.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
Guld_Ulrish

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

if you havent noticed yet there is no risk at all anymore. no matter if its 24vs1, 6vs1 or 1vs1.

says the best duel ganker ever.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #4
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

Guld_Ulrish wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

says the best duel ganker ever.

I wouldnt say best.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:03 AM   #5
Faenril
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

Novusod wrote:

The system should favor those that give fair fights and punish those who fight dirty or leech or gank.

Good luck with that.

Faenril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:19 AM   #6
Zooloo

Loremaster

This is just a stupid idea imo, if a group meet a solo enemy why would they have to let him get away? The pvp idea on eq2 is supposed to be open war. If you decide to go around solo, get what you need to be able to avoid beeing ganked. This kind of idea would the kill the wild pvp, like you can only 1v1, or 2v2, or 6v6... Then what we get, some pvp instances and rest is blue server? Just go to another game imo.

Zooloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:29 AM   #7
Faenril

Loremaster

A group should kill a solo, but the reward shouldn't get cloned for each person in the group. That's a bogus concept. In a group you kill more/faster and you are safer. There is no reason you get 6 times the reward as far as writs go. That's why a status system is much superior to the writ system as you can tune the risk vs reward the way you like as a dev, but it's unlikely it happens.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:45 AM   #8
Zooloo

Loremaster

yeah, im talking about fame there, which was what he posted about, and on 6v1 you dont get much fame.

Zooloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #9
Faenril

Loremaster

As far as fame is concerned the new system is somewhat balanced: you get more fame for winning harder/even fights, and you don't loose fame in an "unfair" way anymore. I guess once the zerg is over and things settle down (if they do) it will get difficult to maintain a title only by ganking 6 to 1.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #10
Killque

Loremaster

At this point I am not sure if this will even add anything since the fame system has possibly changed entirely, however I can explain the old system in hopes that it is similar.

I did a great deal of studying at one point when I actually cared about Infamy on how it worked. I found it took 9 equal fame level increases to gain a fame level. This number changed however when you added several variables:

1. Title involved2. # of players in your group (in range or not)3. # of players in their group (in range or not)

You would get more infamy if you killed someone that was grouped and you were solo, and in turn you would get less for killing a solo if you were grouped.

as an example, I was able to sustaing 25 consecutive fame losses at Destroyer level to groups without dropping to slayer. I do not know exactly how close to Champion I was but if my math is correct I was two even fame hits away.

Now at this point I really dont care about fame, and it is more of a bonus for me. I do get super frustrated when I get some [Removed for Content] punk down to like 1% and I am magically taunted off by some ninjia Bruiser who comes out of no where to the rescue. If I had a plat for everytime a "Bruiser" has saved someone from my blade I would own vox =D

Killque is offline   Reply With Quote