EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
Paikis

Loremaster

Paikis wrote:

Set Bonuses:

(2) 2% trigger chance on intoxicating notes      15% extra damage on intoxicating notes.

(4) 8% base spell damage      25% faster reuse on Perfection of the Maestro

(6) 8% base spell damage     8% base combat art damage

Focus effects:Chest piece: 20% Base damage increase for Ceremonial Blade (melee attack)Legs: Increase the damage of Song Barrier by 25% (Damage shield on self-buff)

Other effects:Hat: +125 spell and CA damageChest: +7 melee critLegs: +7 spell critBoots: +10 melee critShoulders: +7 Double AttackWrists: +7 doubl attackGloves: +4 melee and +4 spell crit.

COMMENTS:

Firstly on the focus effects (chest/legs).Ceremonial Blade is not really an ability that I use in PvP. Almost at all. If I'm fighting a scout (usually am) or a tank, I will be kiting and melee range is the LAST place I want to be. This bonus, while a nice chunk of damage is really not very good *FOR PVP*. As a PvE effect though, its quite nice. I'd suggest changing it to extra damage on one of our spells. Preferably Thunderous Overture or Reverberating Shrill, as this would help for PvE as well as being highly useful for PvP.

The leg effect is nice. This is the sort of effect I would expect to see on a PvP set. Totally useless for PvE, but that is OK because this is a *PVP* set.

Other effects I wouldn't mind seeing:1. Remove the break chance on our snare. I'm pretty sure we are the ONLY scout that only has one snare, and it breaks alot and early.2. Chance to snare on successful spell attack. Something like 10% chance to snare for 50% for 10 seconds.3. Stun/Root/Fear proc on successful spell attack. Like I've said, I spend most of my time in PvP kiting, so anything to keep range is golden for me.4. Dispersion/Ward/Heal on being hit. Just like mages, bards are squishy. Not quite as bad, but we're still squishy. We have no defensive stance.5. Damage Shield. Look at the effect on the T7 PvP wrists (Jester's Retort). Something like that. Obviously more damage, and make it MENTAL damage this time please.6. More (BASE!) damage on any of our nukes.

Next the other effects on individual pieces.Firstly, waaay too much melee focus here. I know technically we are scouts, but realistically we're more like a combination of ranger/illusionist as far as PvP goes. It's rare that I'll even USE my melee attacks because I'm busy kiting. More Spell crit please. Also wouldn't mind some more +spell damage. Perhaps even have something like 1-2% base damage to hostile spell effects on a few pieces.

Lastly the Set Bonuses.(2) -10 points for putting an AA choice as an enhancement. What if I don't want to take that choice? And again, if it triggers only on melee attacks, Im not oing to see it proc very often.(4)Nice effects. This one is fine.(6)Good as-is, but would like to see something a little more original than base damage. This is where I would put something really nice like the above listed stun/stiffle/fear proc on attacks, or perhaps the snare that doesn't break.

Overall.Not a bad set, It just looks like it was designed by someone who has never played the class. Or for PvE situations. Some changes (listed above) would see it become alot more useful and look more like a PvP set.

Yes, I quoted myself. This was posted on the beta forums and was basically ignored. Who designs these sets? Is there any way we can actually give some ideas BEFORE you design PvE armor and try to pass it off as a PvP set?

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Paikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:14 AM   #2
Tharcyl

Lord

you gave them a really good feedback.

But they never listen us ...

Tharcyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
Azekah1

Loremaster

Paikis wrote:

Overall.Not a bad set, It just looks like it was designed by someone who has never played the class. Or for PvE situations. Some changes (listed above) would see it become alot more useful and look more like a PvP set.

Lolz...

Azekah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
Faenril
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

Yep goes to show they have no clue what a troub does in most pvp encounters. Did you compare it with the raid set ? Would you do better in pvp with the pve fabled set ? Would suck but wouldn't be the first time, if you see what I mean ...

Edit: Funny thing is when I look at rogue or predator pvp set they did not put any +spell crit bonus, surprisingly SMILEY

Faenril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #5
Kaltona

Loremaster

Yea most ppl don’t get rogues get mega dps out of poisons. Assins can spec aa’s so they get SICK poison dps, with spell crit and increased trigger chance, durations and reduce the time between poison procs. In pvp can get a non healer to half then just leave them to die haha nothing they can do =DD

Kaltona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #6
Faenril
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

No I was being sarcastic tbh SMILEY Rogue pvp sets for instance come with 3 pieces with melee crit, 2 pieces with DA, and 2 pieces with CA damage. That's all cool stuff... But it's true assassins can make good use of poisons SMILEY
Faenril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:21 PM   #7
Elephanton

General

If this is troubador-specific, should not it be in the Troubador forum?

Elephanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #8
Paikis

Loremaster

This is PvP specific and so I put it in the PvP forum. If you wanted to be picky you could also make a pretty good case for it being in the Items forum as well.

Does anyone know if these sets are designed by Fireflyte (sorry, I know I spelt it wrong!) or by Aeralik or by someone else entirely?

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Old 04-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #9
Paikis

Loremaster

Figured I'd bump this, as there's still been no changes to the pvp gear, and since I'm pretty sure y'all are working on a new expansion I'd kind of like to not get a pvp set that looks like it was designed for pve.

Also, BASE spell AND CA damage on the shoulders please. I will never wear the pvp shoulders because the shard gear is just so much better.

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Old 04-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #10
Ahlana

Loremaster

Paikis wrote:

Other effects I wouldn't mind seeing:1. Remove the break chance on our snare. I'm pretty sure we are the ONLY scout that only has one snare, and it breaks alot and early.2. Chance to snare on successful spell attack. Something like 10% chance to snare for 50% for 10 seconds.

Are you counting Fettering Poisons as snare for other scouts? I guess it is avail to other scouts but not everyone uses it as such you wouldn't be the ONLY scout that has one snare. Unless I am missing something with the other ones. Other than that nice breakdown.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #11
Paikis

Loremaster

This isnt about snares, but what the hell.

Swashbuckler: Bound, Heel Cut and Velium Throw.Ranger: Rope, Spiked Trap, Roped Shot, and Rear Shot.Dirge: Kenn Tactics and Emotional Dirge.Brigand: Hold Up, Entangle.Assasin: Mesh.

I guess Assasins only get the one CA snare. But you can add Enfeebling poison to every scout on that list except the Dirges... even if you cure that, it's back on you the next time you get hit anyways. So yeah, Troubs are the only scout that is restricted to one and only one snare. Yes, items, tinkering etc. Not the point of this thread. Moving on.

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Old 04-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #12
Sunfire
Server: Venekor
Guild: Midnight

Loremaster

Great post Paikis.  Yes this is a pvp issue.  Also, if you put an issue you are having for pvp in troub forums you can rest assure that it will not be seen at all in there.   While it seems  that most classes get stuff they can use for their pvp gear it is abundantly clear non of the developers of this gear actually play a troub in pvp.

Maybe it's just me but I find myself kiting in all fights.  If it's a scout/tank I am kiting to avoid getting touched by their insane DPS auto attacks.  Healers I'm kiting around  to run them out of power, and mages it's usually to avoid a rift or fission.  Or just to avoid most good enchanters as I have not found a way to defeat them without using the Bristlebane blessing.

I hardly ever use my CAs.  I have found myself having to find as much stun proc gear as possible as it seems we are limited in our snare, root, stun ability.  Very nice thread once again.  I really like the idea of some kind of help in the snare area.  I didn't realize we were the only ones who had only one snare.  The shame is that our snare does break so quickly.

Best of luck on some changes implemented on the troub gear.  I probably won't ever see any of these pieces anyway hahaha.

Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #13
BlueEternal

Loremaster

I think the gear is fine just as it is, change the 2 set bonus and add a little ranged crit and you'll be set.

BlueEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:40 AM   #14
Paikis

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I think the gear is fine just as it is, change the 2 set bonus and add a little ranged crit and you'll be set.

You do actually PvP over there on Naggy right? The set is extremely melee focused. As a kiting class this just doesn't fly, we want ranged DOUBLE ATTACK (not crit, DA) and spell mod for pvp. The amount of critigation flying around these days is huge. You'd do better to not have any crit at all most of the time.

Your comment leads me to believe that you're a raiding troubador who doesn't PvP, and your guild tag has a similar effect.

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Old 04-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #15
Kreegon

Loremaster

Paikis wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You do actually PvP over there on Naggy right? The set is extremely melee focused. As a kiting class this just doesn't fly, we want ranged DOUBLE ATTACK (not crit, DA) and spell mod for pvp. The amount of critigation flying around these days is huge. You'd do better to not have any crit at all most of the time.

Your comment leads me to believe that you're a raiding troubador who doesn't PvP, and your guild tag has a similar effect.

He is exile, which means no pvp gear.  Which probably means he wants to see the pvp gear be as horrible as possible.

-Geryon, formerly Xanxicar

Old 04-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #16
Azekah1

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

He is exile, which means no pvp gear.  Which probably means he wants to see the pvp gear be as horrible is possible.

-Geryon, formerly Xanxicar

lol

Azekah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #17
BlueEternal

Loremaster

Lol! I disco'd 3 pieces of the troubador pvp gear and left faction with 4 pieces. I like how the pvp gear isn't a "One size fit all' for classes, it leaves room for people to try new gear and not always have to use the full set of pvp gear. It creates a sense of creativity and people can spec their characters different. Paikis, who are you to judge me whether I pvp or not? You say because I have the Onyx guild tag that I don't pvp? What guild has the most pvp kills WW? What guild do factions beg in channels to come out and pvp so they can leech updates? Oh thats right..

Old 04-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #18
BlueEternal

Loremaster

And before this turns into a flamefest, which I don't want it to because you do have some good points in your post and  it'd be nice if a Dev addressed them, I will reply to the people who will say "This is a pvp server, pvp gear should be the best!". Ok that's cool, it's your opinion and I respect it.