EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
Siphar

Loremaster

Please look into (enchanter) pvp gear...

The set is clearly designed as a set, the logic of which is flawed considering that we attain each piece individually.

Lets look at the set bonuses first: 

(2) ward

(4) reduced duration of dot

(6) +5 spell damage

The ward is very good. The dot in (4) is a complete waste because if you knew anything about enchanters, is is that we never let our dots finish. We use them as DD'd and recast them well before they expire. The (6) bonus is a joke? even if we reduce our stats enough and equip (6), we get an effect that is half the power of other classes.

The armor itself.

Slipper of coercion: Boots have no INT on them. No spell crit and no proc. The void shard gear is far superior apart from a few crit mit and 150 hp/power.

Pantaloon of coercion: Pants are literally the only good item. Nice

Robe of coercion: Robe lacks any spell crit, just spell crit bonus which is ok. I would expect to see that on raids when you get 100% spell crit and then look for spell crit bonus. Should be spell crit. Disruption could be useful but mediocre. The focus hostage is a flop in comparison to the TSO raid gear. I will keep my HQ robe on thanks as this is clearly a let down and not worth 150 tokens, 15p and 100k status. The focus effect needs to be improved, some spell crit added.

Gloves: Finally some spell crit, but inferior to the HQ dark mail gauntlets in terms of damage and which takes 2 hours to complete .

Cuffs: 5% reuse and 5% crit mit? an april fools joke? I appreciate the +5 defence as well, but that isn't going to stop anything. Raw stats are reasonable. but please add some spell crit or something useful.

Cowl (shoulders): Another april fools joke gone wrong? apart from hp/power and a few extra crit mit, they grant 125 spell damage. nothing else. A well spent 100 tokens, 8p and 100k status? Even the void gear is superior.

Cap: back to 5% reuse and some crit mit. I joke you not. Another lame attempt for 100 tokens, 8p and 100k status. I wouldn't pay 100k for this item for only the hp/power and a few crit mit.

Some classes did reasonably well with the pvp gear (SK cough). Some classes got completely shafted.

The TSO gear in reflection is pretty good - does the job. Why not apply the same logic to PvP gear for pvp'ing?

P.S. I believe a developer only went in the coercer forum once - by accident - hence why I posted here. Hopefully to highlight some of the obvious flaws in the pvp gear itemisation.

Paikis obviously feels somewhat similar about the careful consideration for the bard gear.

Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
Faenril
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

Regarding (4) I don't agree with you the trend in general is not to overlap dots unless you have nothing else to cast (or the dot was cured in pvp). Shorter dot = ticks faster = decent bonus. Regarding (6) I'm not really sure you noticed it is ***base*** damage. Which is pretty much the most valuable stat for an enchanter especially considering crits are now worthless in pvp. Now I do agree the individual pieces suck for the most part, especially compared to the pve set, but the set bonuses are decent for pvp, the ward proc being wonderful. The point is considering I have access to both pvp and pve set, there is no way I will wear more than 2 pieces considering what the pve set brings overall.
Faenril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
Siphar

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Regarding (4) I don't agree with you the trend in general is not to overlap dots unless you have nothing else to cast (or the dot was cured in pvp). Shorter dot = ticks faster = decent bonus. Regarding (6) I'm not really sure you noticed it is ***base*** damage. Which is pretty much the most valuable stat for an enchanter especially considering crits are now worthless in pvp.

I assume you have fought a coercer in pvP. It goes something like this.. Mez, load reactives, stun/stifle, dd dd dd, root, teleport (de-aggro)... At this point after maybe 3-4 seconds, either the coercer or the enermy is dead.

How is (4) a shorter dot going to help?

Regarding (6). Take a look at the AoE tank class SK. They get +10% base to spells and CA's. Enchanters get 5% to spells only. Most other classes get at least +10% to their main damage/heal.

Balanced?

Old 04-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
Faenril
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

Siphar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Regarding (4) I don't agree with you the trend in general is not to overlap dots unless you have nothing else to cast (or the dot was cured in pvp). Shorter dot = ticks faster = decent bonus. Regarding (6) I'm not really sure you noticed it is ***base*** damage. Which is pretty much the most valuable stat for an enchanter especially considering crits are now worthless in pvp.

I assume you have fought a coercer in pvP. It goes something like this.. Mez, load reactives, stun/stifle, dd dd dd, root, teleport (de-aggro)... At this point after maybe 3-4 seconds, either the coercer or the enermy is dead.

How is (4) a shorter dot going to help?

Regarding (6). Take a look at the AoE tank class SK. They get +10% base to spells and CA's. Enchanters get 5% to spells only. Most other classes get at least +10% to their main damage/heal.

Balanced?

(4) is going to help is the fight lasts longer, for instance in a group fight or against a decent solo healer. Not saying it's wonderful, but it's not useless let's say.

(6) yeah it could be other classes get more cookies. Well SOE has trouble finding the proper balance for chanter (utility vs dps ...), so it seems like their approach is to nerf chanters through gear instead of abilities.

Faenril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
Siphar

Loremaster

Lets just say that I don't know a single enchanter aiming to get more than 2 pieces. That alone says more than I could ever.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

I completely agree with you.  The chanter set is absolute garbage, though it seems to follow the trend this expansion of completely shafting chanters on any form of gear we can get, including PVE.

I picked up the pants and boots simply because they were the 2 smallest downgrades, and got the robe just because I may need the crit mit sometime in the future for PVE.  The rest of my tokens have been used to buy pieces for the manequin in my house...

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
Wed

General

I'm not even really aiming for 2 of the set. Apart from the legs, all the other pieces are pretty bad. I might get the chest for the crit mit and ward, but the rest of the set is terrible.

The (4) bonus will make barely any difference to brainshock alone, seeing as its normally always reapplied due to +SD.

I'm sure other classes have a few bad pieces, but the Coercer set seems to be the worst, at least from what I've seen.

Wed is offline   Reply With Quote