EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #61
ulleulle

Loremaster

Give it a few weeks to settle down and you will start to see the greatness of these updates.

No rez zerging is gonna be huge when we get back to our normal pvp playstyle away from crowded areas.

No-fameloss is gonna bring more risk-taking,clear proof is the amount of "no-risk players" out there compared to pre lu51.

Token-farming will make pvp feel hard but not impossible to compeed in for casual players now,gear is being spread out instead of before where the strongest kept getting stronger.

And the best proof is that people like slowed are disliking it so much.

These guys are the loud minority speaking on behalf of the silent majority.

Cheers

Jabib

P.s

On the risk thingy.

People will always find reasons to run.be it they hate the class/player location,time of day e.t.c It will just take some time for people to adjust their mindset to this new objective.

Basic survival instinct is not be looked down upon =)

ulleulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #62
Kurindor_Mythecnea

Loremaster

I think it's to concede yourself to mob mentality to sign this off as though it'll all be ok because someone people like to troll (Slowed) is in disagreement here. What isn't ok is to DEVALUE risk taking like how it's been done. Risks actually MEAN something when fame is on the line, as you can embetter your aims by legitimately pursuing a title with loss at stake, or you can't. Now...it's a grind. This troubledorses, Slowed, can be a bit vain, but so are we all. While his boasting is often moot, so too is the pursuit of fame most competitive players tend to have. Once you start to excel, it's the only tangible, in-game PvP objective aside from token farming. Now possessing such titles doesn't really mean much because zerging is what pays.

(P.S. Aside from that, fame still isn't always being rewarded from those in fame range, and I believe it should be. I've killed Generals/Masters tens of times a day, nn even regardless of how much damage I do, I should get a sliver, as even in the old system there was a risk of transfering your fame when placing yourself within the masses of multiple raids.)

Kurindor_Mythecnea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #63
ulleulle

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I think it's to concede yourself to mob mentality to sign this off as though it'll all be ok because someone people like to troll (Slowed) is in disagreement here. What isn't ok is to DEVALUE risk taking like how it's been done. Risks actually MEAN something when fame is on the line, as you can embetter your aims by legitimately pursuing a title with loss at stake, or you can't. Now...it's a grind. This troubledorses, Slowed, can be a bit vain, but so are we all. While his boasting is often moot, so too is the pursuit of fame most competitive players tend to have. Once you start to excel, it's the only tangible, in-game PvP objective aside from token farming. Now possessing such titles doesn't really mean much because zerging is what pays.

(P.S. Aside from that, fame still isn't always being rewarded from those in fame range, and I believe it should be. I've killed Generals/Masters tens of times a day, nn even regardless of how much damage I do, I should get a sliver, as even in the old system there was a risk of transfering your fame when placing yourself within the masses of multiple raids.)

Hehe i am not a mob =)

I dont think you should take too much notice on that argument m8.

I mainly put that in to give the post some "forum" feel to it.

Anyways.

I read what you said,and the gist of it can be found numerous places on these boards.

We want this or we want that or else we wont fight.

What happend to just play and see who can do the best with their class or grp in any given situation.

If it was up to me we should all fight in MC gear and a3 all around so we atleast could have some sense of comparison of "skills" across the board.

Cheers

Jabib

ulleulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:18 AM   #64
Zooloo
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

Jabibs say

>> If it was up to me we should all fight in MC gear and a3 all around so we atleast could have some sense of comparison of "skills" across the board. <<

I totally disagree you there Jabib. The goal in this game is first of all to improve your character to it's maximum. Getting the right items you need, using right potions and other consumable items, getting more AAs than another and spending em the right way, is part of the skill and participates in making the difference. And for me it's what makes pvp on eq2 not boring on the long run like i am on fps or other fighting games on which you start again on each new game.

And Ssue, i'm a Guardian, dont think it's a no risk easymode class (if there is any) and i still dont like this update.

Zooloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:30 AM   #65
Siphar

Loremaster

This game rewards Time invested first, then luck, then skill tbh.

Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote