EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > History and Lore
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-08-2004, 09:10 PM   #1
To

General

Well ive gathered the information that the old cities do still exisit and are waiting too be rediscovered. Would this mean these are cities you can inhabbit like freeport. The overlord and the goodies in [Removed for Content] can blow me. This ogre wants too buy a nice little hut in Oggok~~ Ive also gathered that they havent even put these cities in the game yet.
To is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:28 PM   #2
EvilHarbing

Rivervale is in game was there last night.
EvilHarbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:44 PM   #3
Nytewind

Cabilis & the Iksar Empire shall rise again!
Nytewind  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:49 AM   #4
Kamimura

Loremaster

Nytewind TP wrote:
Cabilis & the Iksar Empire shall rise again!

But not for another expansion or few.. :smileytongue:
Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:49 AM   #5
dstarr

EvilHarbinger wrote:
Rivervale is in game was there last night.

Did you get a screenshot of it?

Does it look similar to how it was in eq1?

Iskah Khanura of Luclin
Kerra Paladin
Runnyeye
dstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:29 PM   #6
Gobbwin

Loremaster

Cause I won't be there for quite some time yet, what is attacking the remaining hobbits?  That one in the harbor tells of them surviving pratically unscathed, yet now they are being massacred, there are some rumors, but did you notice anything while you were there?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kikio 80 Inquisitor
Ferochus 70 Bruiser (Retired)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gobbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:07 PM   #7
Ham

Cabilis got smooshed by a chunk of Luclin
Old 12-14-2004, 02:38 AM   #8
Laureous

Loremaster

Rivervale was relatively close to Runnyeye...put it this way, I went there, and I wasnt KOS, things sure have changed with those darn halflings.
Laureous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:42 AM   #9
Gobbwin

Loremaster

why must you taunt me!?!  :smileytongue:

Gah this is killing me, I played a HFL on EQ for years and grew quite fond of the lil guy, from a roleplay aspect he really fit my personality of have fun at all others expense.  Also, the biggest thing that always held my attention in EQ was the lore, hands down, no matter what, that was what kept my interest (pre luclin).  Now I find these little smigions of lore and though I understand that the world is still being explored and mapped out, its killing me because I want to know.

The one thing that bothers me is that players will be able to affect the world.  IE if someone opens the Neriak seals, then it is open to all, Lady Vox can be restored to life, the Frogloks can be found, etc.  What bugs me is that I (and many others) might not be able to see these things in their original state before a high end raid guild comes through, does all the high lvl stuff just to say that they did and thus the game is forever changed.  Though only 1 of the above examples would be a major change (the fact that Vox can no longer appear out of the surrounding walls), I'm sure that there are many other things that we have yet to find, but will someday.  What really gets me is that if you get the wrong crowd (those only worried about the mob and loot, they could destroy the lore before it is found and passed on.  Maby I'm just being foolish, but SOE is usually tight-lipped about the lore and inner goings on of the game.  Which often leads to the multiple 3rd party versions that are endlessly debated.  :smileytongue:

I know that the odvious answer here would be to lvl as fast as I can to see all of these things, but then I've passed up so many other things just to get to the high end of the game, wouldn't that put me in the same boat as those I would be competing with?

Sorry, being nurodic(sp) today...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kikio 80 Inquisitor
Ferochus 70 Bruiser (Retired)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gobbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:23 AM   #10
Ra

I agree. Im worried that I will never truly see the lore in its true state before it is destroyed by power Guilds. With the world in its prime state like this its a good opportunity to see and explore and be in wonder. The game is in pre-loot stage right now. before it becomes a loot fest. I want to see that before it gets out of hand.
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:23 AM   #11
peasant007

Loremaster

Toot wrote:
The overlord and the goodies in [Removed for Content] can blow me.

:smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:
56 Ratonga Necromancer~Unrest
peasant007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 07:02 PM   #12
Sarago

Gobbwin wrote:
why must you taunt me!?! :smileytongue:
Gah this is killing me, I played a HFL on EQ for years and grew quite fond of the lil guy, from a roleplay aspect he really fit my personality of have fun at all others expense.
Sorry, being nurodic(sp) today...

Your a short hairy footed, theiving little [Removed for Content]? Cool, I'll buy you a pint ;p
Sarago is offline   Reply With Quote