EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > History and Lore
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-14-2004, 10:02 PM   #1
uronc

Is there any lore that gives hints to how long the various races can live?  I am especially interested in how long Teir'Dal can live so I can write up the background for my character, but I am making other races so any information would be helpful.
uronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:24 AM   #2
Zutan

Loremaster

In most "tolkein" based RPG lore Elves are either Immortal (not unkillable but live forever otherwise) or live for well over 1000 years..  I've never seen anything indicating how long the various Elves in EQ are supposed to live.

As for the other races..no clue really but Humans, Barbarians and Erudites all come from the same roots so one could probably safely assume they are not long lived.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:06 AM   #3
troodon311

Loremaster

There's some list people toss around, think they say it's from the paper version of EQ or something.

Norrath Elves are not immortal, that list refered to above says they live 600-800 years or something.

Off he rides, on his noble steed, a valiant figure, straight and tall, to wake his love with love's first kiss. And prove that "true love" conquers all! AHAHAHAHAHA!
troodon311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:33 AM   #4
Kamimura

Loremaster

The first number is average lifespan, the second is racial maximum. (Oh yes, these are from the EQ RPG book, but they seem pretty correct for the game as well.)

Ogre
60-80

Troll
65-89

Barbarian
70-106

Human
75-115

Erudite
90-138

Vah Shir
100-140

Iksar
100-160

Half Elf
110-170

Halfling
100-200

Dwarf
250-450

Gnome
200-500

Wood Elf
300-700

High Elf
350-750

Dark Elf
375-775

Message Edited by Kamimura on 11-14-2004 10:34 PM

Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:35 PM   #5
uronc

Thanks alot
uronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 05:21 AM   #6
KingKron

Nice post Kamimura. Five stars for you. :smileyhappy:
KingKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 07:46 AM   #7
dstarr

How about Kerrans?

Iskah Khanura of Luclin
Kerra Paladin
Runnyeye
dstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 08:16 AM   #8
Kamimura

Loremaster

Kerra and Vah Shir and not really different races, just different tribes of the same race, so id say probably about the same. 
Old 11-16-2004, 05:19 PM   #9
dstarr

Oh I see. Thanks SMILEY

Iskah Khanura of Luclin
Kerra Paladin
Runnyeye
dstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 10:03 PM   #10

My understanding is that when the Erudites created the Hole byt flinging a piece of it to the sky, it became Shar Vahl. The Vah Shir evolved from the Kerrans stuck there, and both races existed for some time. Upon the destruction of Luclin, some Vah Shir were stranded on Norrath and bred back into the Kerran lines.
Nyaa Najena
 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:20 PM   #11
Dalamar777

Loremaster

Ky wrote:
Upon the destruction of Luclin, some Vah Shir were stranded on Norrath and bred back into the Kerran lines.

Animals breeding with animals; its disgusting! They should have bene wiped out ages ago but the clerics are always getting in the way of progress. I say we take out the kitty litter and lure them into boats and sink them in the middle of the ocean. The kerra or vah shir or whatever you want to call them are nothing but stupid animals, just like the Iksar and the Frogloks. Even Ogres and Trolls can barley be considered sentient but at least they can't trace their lineage back to animals that are currently being kept as household pets.

-Lenea of Qeynos "You do realize that cats have an average IQ of 35. So really we Erudites did you a favor by conquering your race."
13 Erudite Sorceress, 10 Scholar
Permafrost server
Dalamar777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:10 AM   #12
Kamimura

Loremaster

Erudites came from barbarians. Your lineage isnt any better. Unless there is something great about being dumb enough to eat meat that's been sitting around for 6 months.

Old 11-19-2004, 12:18 AM   #13
Dalamar777

Loremaster

What makes you think that Erudites are descended from barbarians? Unless of course by barbarians you mean humans, in which case you are correct. But then again, that's why we left in the first place. Then agian as a half elf that would make you a barbarian as well.

-Lenea of Qeynos "You do realize that cats have an average IQ of 35. So really we Erudites did you a favor by conquering your race."
13 Erudite Sorceress, 10 Scholar
Permafrost server
Dalamar777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:53 AM   #14
Eriol

Loremaster

From the original EQ manual, Barbarians were created by the Marr twins (Mithanial and Erollisi), and Humans were a set of "enlightened" Barbarians, with a hint of divine intervention.Erudites are just an abomination offshoot of humans, who can't even grow hair anymore.=)Eriol
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:01 AM   #15
Kamimura

Loremaster

Dalamar777 wrote:
What makes you think that Erudites are descended from barbarians? Unless of course by barbarians you mean humans, in which case you are correct. But then again, that's why we left in the first place. Then agian as a half elf that would make you a barbarian as well.

Wow, for someone who thinks they're real smart, sure never bother'd to learn history huh? Where do you think humans came from? *sigh* I hate having to educate Erudites on common knowledge. Plus my friend, as a half elf that makes me *half* barbarian. Didnt bother to learn math either I see? Anyway, half barbarian, who cares? I dont have a problem with it, im not a silly stuck up Erudite after all.

Old 11-23-2004, 01:27 PM   #16
Coyoted

Dalamar777 Wrote:
Animals breeding with animals; its disgusting! They should have bene wiped out ages ago but the clerics are always getting in the way of progress. I say we take out the kitty litter and lure them into boats and sink them in the middle of the ocean. The kerra or vah shir or whatever you want to call them are nothing but stupid animals, just like the Iksar and the Frogloks. Even Ogres and Trolls can barley be considered sentient but at least they can't trace their lineage back to animals that are currently being kept as household pets
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe we could stick fire crackers up thier butts, or tie thier tails together and throw them over clotheslines, then watch them fight.  I know a troll named Kim Jung who has some special vah shir recipies that are pretty tasty. :smileywink:

Coyoted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 07:24 PM   #17
Nhilist

Loremaster

would have to agree on those age ranges for the dark elves. Kizdean Gix is still kicking around.
Nhilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:57 AM   #18
iceriven2

Loremaster

think some of the elder races need to be increased. like the elves. wood elf, high elf and dark elf. Theres a wood elf in willow wood thats been around for what 400 years during the war of the fay. dark elves had portals. portals were inopertives as 400 years ago before the rolisan(spelling) war. plus if u consider felwithe still around no news on its destruction princess from eq1 times is around so she would be over 500 years old. just a thought
iceriven2 is offline   Reply With Quote