EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 09:04 PM   #31
Moonpanther

I guess my question is who the heck does it hurt to do it like Cloudrat chooses to play? It doesn't take away from anyone elses playstyle one bit. I get it for some of you what she does is not fun to you, but the way you do things is not her idea of fun. Taking away from someone else because you think they should play your way is a good way to drive folks away. Lots of us like to shoot the bull while crafting. We help others and answer questions while " just standing in one spot mindlessly grinding writs". I think it is rather arrogant to put down someone's play style simply because you find it boring. You are not there seeing all that is really being/getting done. Go and do your raids and mindlessly mashing buttons killing x number of mobs over and over and over again to hopefully get something you need for gear. (See how I did that? BigGrin)

You can't force folks to leave their houses or guild halls and play with you. Their money is just as green as yours and if they don't get something that makes them happy they will simply find a different game that allows them to do that. Not all folks have a desire to be herded like mindless cattle. BigGrin

I'll wait and see how it will work, not saying I won't like it. What I really dislike though is the arrogance of other players insisting that others play just like them and if they don't then they are just wasting time and doing mindless things.

Just my two cents.

Besides, who needs to raid or group these days, I can just buy what I want through SLR all while standing in one spot mindlessly crafting Tongue *giggle*
Old 11-05-2015, 01:52 AM   #32
Griffon Lady

Logic? Well lets see here... there are a lot of small guilds, if repeatable quests are eliminated (This is NOT limited to tradeskillers, you know), those people will be unable to level up their guild (particularly if raiding is favored by the devs as the way to gain guild xp, considering coning raid mobs are one of the few alternates to grinding writs.
So, the people who prefer a small group of friends over herds of raiders will most likely be forced out of the game (this being one of many "suggestions" made to force people to play in numbers and likely to be one of many steps taken to do so), decreasing the income of the game, decreasing the amount of content they can add, decreasing the fun the remaining people will have, etc...
SOooo... mind explaining your logic to me?

This is one of the times for us lone wolves to make our voices heard before our way of play becomes impossible.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:58 AM   #33
Griffon Lady

They tried forcing adventurers to craft for the first HQ that required crafting. They put up such a fuss that consignment crafting was born. XD
And yet they keep trying to change how people play like they won't mind. o.0 More freedom! More variety! That is how you make a game more attractive to a wider audience!
Chopping off options is how players lose interest and move to other games. :
Old 11-05-2015, 02:02 AM   #34
Gninja

Developer

We aren't making crafters adventure or making adventurers craft to level guilds. Not all repeatable crafting or adventure quests wont count toward leveling above 101 just the ones that you can repeat really fast. It is not our intention to take anything away from anyone. We are just making leveling beyond a certain point require something different than you are used to doing but still within your playstyle.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:08 AM   #35
Griffon Lady

Why is standing in one place any worse than running the same instance over and over, hoping RNG will bless you with the item you want? o.0 Personally, I'd rather stand and enjoy some music, mentally zone out, and repeat some crafting quest rather than run one instance till I want to puke. But I think we all know Raiding won't suddenly get shaken up. I compromise by running the same adventure writs over and over with a group of guild characters on autofollow.

Aren't there more important things to worry about than whether or not some people prefer grinding to level their guilds? What happened to it "Not mattering what server you made your character on", which I assumed that was cross server travel... That would have been a much more positive change for the game than making it more difficult for small guilds to level up, don't you think? (Even if it's a "members only" option, which would most likely negate any loss of income via transfer tokens...)
Old 11-05-2015, 02:11 AM   #36
Griffon Lady

Without repeatable quests counting towards guild level after 100, how will small guilds level? Make alts and grind them to an adventuring level high enough to do whatever thing will level 100+ guilds? : Repeatables are necessary once you've run out of unrepeatable things to do.

To help ease the stress for those of us who are worried we're being herded, can you drop any hints of soloable guild xp that will not hit a limit?
Old 11-05-2015, 02:13 AM   #37
Gninja

Developer

Please reread what I said and you quoted. Smile
Old 11-05-2015, 02:16 AM   #38
Griffon Lady

Any hints at what there will be for solo/small guilds after lvl 100?
Old 11-05-2015, 02:18 AM   #39
Gninja

Developer

Missions (crafting and adventure), lootables, ToT quests(crafting and adventure), achievements, etc.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:25 AM   #40
Griffon Lady

New crafting missions by any chance? (And are they going to have the 24 hour timer? /cringe) Although, would be pretty cool to have a good reason to do the old Mara crafting missions. XD I loved building the ship and robo godzilla. XD
Will the lootables be worth massive amounts, or tiny like when shinies got converted?
The ToT quests are awesome, but that's the non-repeatables, aren't they? (Or are there repeatables?), so busy IRL I've barely done much of the sig quest in Beta.)
Or are we to be kept in suspense? >.>

Thank you for the bit of reassuring though. ^_^
Old 11-05-2015, 02:50 AM   #41
Gninja

Developer

I believe there are new crafting missions but I would have to check with Domino as that is her area. I do know she did a bunch of cool crafting stuff for the ToT expansion though. She rocks Smile
Old 11-05-2015, 05:48 AM   #42
Cloudrat

Nice try at passing the buck hehe, but this applies to adv as well as crafting writs. It also gives new people a bad look at the game if they join a guild and can see their work is not contributing. Come on the gazillion points it takes to level a guild and you want to put and end to the miniscule amount from writs. I have a level 100 guild and it's only because of newsies and I guarantee you. no way on God's green earth I would try to writ it to 150, but don't tell me what I do doesn't contribute and is too easy pfffffffft

Old 11-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #43
Avirodar

No logic in the distinction between something that can be repeated ad nauseam while standing in the exact same spot in a guild hall, versus something that involves going out and doing stuff? Keep telling yourself that.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #44
Moonpanther

I like that idea!
Old 11-05-2015, 08:33 AM   #45
Moonpanther

Aww but on the same hand, we could say that adventurers MUST spend x amount of time doing crafting writs to earn the things they cherish the most. Slippery slope for a game that has prided it self in catering to ALL play styles. And I am a adventurer/crafter, but mainly a mad hording Decorator! BigGrin
Old 11-05-2015, 08:42 AM   #46
Moonpanther

You make excellent points. I'm one of those silly folks who is leveling a guild myself so I can decorate it lol. I know silly, but its what I like. I also belong to another guild and am usually supporting them as my guild is a side project.

I do all my own harvesting, crafting, sell on the broker, decorate and when I feel like it go questing. I did the whole raid/group thing before and it got to be more like a job trying to keep all my stats and gear just so and never getting it quite right. I ended up just not logging into that game anymore because folks were always fussing at me to come heal for their groups etc when all I wanted to do was to enjoy the game a bit.

I think Daybreak needs to look at just how many of their paying folks do what for what percentage of time. Not everyone wants to, has time to, or is physically able to hand the demands of constant group/raid play styles. Most the folks I know in game are more like myself and Griffon Lady. I don't want a job or be forced to put up with folks dramas/egos or need to lead my game play for me. I put up with enough of that in real life. I play to get away from such things and hang out with others of like mind.

Now if you add more crafting questlines, dailies, missions, I have no issue with that.

Just my two cents.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #47
Pauly

If I can log in my lvl 100 tailor and work on guild xp for six hours on any given day I will be happy. If I'm limited to doing a single quest/mission per day.. not happy at all. That just gives me a reason to log out once that single quest is done.

I find it odd that standing in one spot to level to 100 is ok.. but to earn status doing it is bad. Standing in that spot doesn't get me the mats to do those writs. The goblins/ponys don't give enough raws to do more than a few writs.

30k per writ is too much? How much do those adventure CC quests reward again? How many million? I'd have to do writs for 3 straight weeks to get the status that one of those quests give. This is like a Major League player saying the bat boy makes too much.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:41 AM   #48
Mystfit

I've beta tested the crafting side. There are 6 or so daily crafting missions and one weekly. At the time I tested they were giving 50 status each (which I assume was borked).
Even doing them on all 7 of my crafting alts, that's but a dent in the bucket compared to what I could accomplish. Granted, that's part of the point from your perspective, that you want a sort of resetting of what we can accomplish but it might be a good idea to acknowledge this is a massive change!!!
Now, perhaps this is an arguement/discussion that needs to be made on TS and I'll go over there and start one if there isn't one yet. But, the mechanic of removing writs and replacing them with a micro portion of what was there before may need to be thought on a bit more! Unless, of course, I continue to not understand the options open to us.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #49
Foretold

I'm one of those well-rounded players who does everything in game - from decorating to end game raiding - and I'm a bit worried by this change. I also have my own vanity guild sitting proudly at level 65 BigGrin

I hope there are enough crafting "missions" or the status they reward is high enough to mitigate the loss of writ leveling, or the crafting community will come at you with extremely sharp pitchforks. Proceed with caution...
Old 11-05-2015, 03:52 PM   #50
Finora

Good question. I imagine it falls under the same umbrella as past comments about how crafted gear shouldn't be too good because all that had to be done was beat on some rocks to get it.

I know leveling from 95-100 was super fast and easy. I wasn't even trying and got there trying to get my sage high enough to make the various spell casters & priests I know spells right after AOM released. That was the fault of the devs just making those levels too short though, not the players doing the writs.
My question is if the devs think that leveling a guild is just WAY too easy, why don't they increase the amount of status required to do it? And I mean significantly. Keep crafting/adventure writs contributing, but at the same rate they do currently. Then make the newer daily/weekly/missions/drops/etc count for significantly more than the infinitely repeatable writs. Sure some people would still stand around but most won't be willing to just stand there for extremely long time periods to do writs and the newer apparently preferred methods would be more rewarding.

That keeps people still able to contribute and remedies the complaints about how easy it is to level a guild.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:16 PM   #51
Gninja

Developer

Yes, the 50 per mission was a bug. Should be fixed now.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #52
Foretold

Tradeskill daily quests now also reward an Arcannium Coin which can be used for guild status.

Wonder if this is all daily tradeskill quests, or just ToT?
Old 11-06-2015, 12:55 AM   #53
Griffon Lady

That she does! So glad she's back!!!

Something else crossed my mind though (me not actually having guildmates >.>) Will low level players still be able to contribute to guild level after their guild is 101? I may not be a herd beast, but I know investing in a guild makes one less likely to leave, and I know more herd beasty people don't want their herd members to leave. >.> Big guilds are important to the game, they're just not the only way to play.

The tokens that are locked in chests due to not being high enough adventurer level in my lvl 100 crafter inventories are still bumming me out. :
Old 11-06-2015, 02:47 PM   #54
Estal

Due to the low demand for crafted items guild levels was pretty much the only reward left for crafting, so no, I do not like this change one bit.

Besides, once you pass guild lvl 70 or so you have more than enough amenity slots any way, plus how many people actually solo a guild to lvl 100+ in a legit manner? 2? 5? I doubt it was widespread enough to warrant any change.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #55
Moonpanther

*raises hand* I created mine as a side project so I could decorate a evil side guild hall. With the exception of only one of my toons being able to complete the newsies quest, I'm actually leveling mine the painfully slow way doing adventure writs, crafting writs, and selling the status items I come across. And through those other quests that award status. It is slow as watching paint dry trust me. LOL I really don't see the need to take away being able to do the crafting writs if that is something someone wants to do. I mix it up because grinding crafting writs does get boring unless there is a season added to one of my favorite series on netflix lol.

To make to where we can only do one daily or weekly quest for status is really disheartening.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:49 PM   #56
Deveryn

Mileage does vary with crafters and their writs. I've only pulled out about 6 to 10 levels (post 50) over the course of a weekend, but I'm sure there are others that could easily double that and take it to ridiculous levels with help from one or two others. I could have done so myself, but my patience does have limits. Nowadays, my free time does too. This is why writs are no longer going to contribute to leveling.

Crafting's real reward was in supporting the adventure side of the game. Sadly, the demand has gone down since crafting became so easy that even those that originally said they would never do it now have all nine classes covered. Despite certain timesink measures, there's still a pretty saturated market out there.

I'm certain it was widespread enough and there was nothing illegitimate about the methods used. It's just how easy things have become as we saw, not one or two, but 3 methods arise for getting harvests without stepping outside of a hall. Apprentices and their Progress potions made the process a lot more bearable and more immediately rewarding.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:43 PM   #57
suka

nice but most of us don't have 37 mil to spend on a quest.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:48 PM   #58
suka

says someone with 37 mil to spend in status for a quest. most of us don't have that kind of status. it is slow and painful for us. i like the idea of having new ways to get status, but i don't like the idea of taking away a method that has helped us a lot in the past. if you want us to do the catalog quests, you need to make them cheaper. i haven't had 37 mil on all of my toons put together and they can't share status. wish they made status count account wide like loyalty tokens

Old 11-06-2015, 11:51 PM   #59
suka

so if you have a bunch of people, you have a right to have a high level guild? but if you are a small guild you don't have the same rights?? somehow that sounds elitist and prejudicial

Old 11-06-2015, 11:52 PM   #60
suka

i agree with you

Closed Thread