EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-21-2015, 10:57 PM   #1
Bord

I've tested the plat infusion system with 8 items now (getting plat from the guild bauble thing).

The bug seems to be that the price increases, even if there was no successful infusion. On the items I tested it cost anywhere from 15k to 55k plat per item to fully infuse from plat.

The average was about 35k plat per item, which would be over 700k plat to infuse a full set of armor/jewelry/weapons. This would be significantly reduced if the cost did not increase on failed infusions, which I'm hoping is a bug since very few people have 700k plat to waste on infusing 1 set of gear.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:00 PM   #2
Mermut

The price increase even on failure isn't a bug. It was stated to be that way even in the early 'tease' before beta.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:20 PM   #3
Bord

That's a little disappointing if it's intended to cost an average of 700k to infuse a full set of gear, and have to spend more each time you get a new piece. If you want to keep your gear fully upgraded at least. That seems to be a pretty severe pay to win feature, unless making plat in ToT is significantly easier than in the past.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:00 AM   #4
Akina_Storms

700... K ... platines... i've yet to have the 3K required for the ferrin mounts...
Akina_Storms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:14 AM   #5
Gaptia

The cost is insane, all servers are not merge, this infuse system is way too expensive for a server like Storm.
Gaptia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:24 AM   #6
Sigrdrifa

Remember that plat infuse has a percentage chance to work. CRAFTED infusers have a 100% chance to work. Talk to the Tradeskill folks!
Old 10-22-2015, 02:25 AM   #7
Bord

The dropped item/crafted infusers are a separate infusion than the plat one. You're able to max out both. So unfortunately that does nothing to help the insane cost of the plat infusions.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:32 AM   #8
Mermut

The crafted infusion and plat infusion go into two seperate 'pools' of buffs. You can fill both.
That's what the notes said, but the description of (at least some) of the crafted infusions say 10% chance...
Old 10-22-2015, 02:41 AM   #9
Anunnaki

Yeah, the plat sink seems way too steep for what you get.
Anunnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:42 AM   #10
Beee

You can spend a lot more than 700k Platin: I tested it with an item ans 30k Platin (than I run out of BetaPlatin ) and got additional 10 Pot, 6 CB and a lot of mod/sta

This is Pay to Win Eek

Crafting / Dropped / Bought infusers are additional as far as I understood this system
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:00 PM   #11
Mermut

Pay to Win refers to spending real life currency for in game benefits, not in game currency for in game benefits..
Old 10-22-2015, 03:08 PM   #12
Liou_Unrest

If this system doesn't end up accessible to the majority of people who play, this will do little to balance out top 1% plat holders.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #13
Karsa

I need my plat for Op collection quests...Wink
Karsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:12 PM   #14
Tipperton

I think it would be better if you could choose which stat you are trying to boost. For example, I don't need the ability mod on my tank, but I do like the Crit Bonus & Stam, so instead of getting the random infusion from Plat, why not make it so I can choose which stat(s) I am going for & let the plat cost be.

It is a CHOICE to pay plat to upgrade, most people will use the trade skilled infusions when the game goes live simply because they do not have the plat to waste with the infusion system. Those that do have that much plat will surely spend a chunk of their plat playing with the infusion system & possibly find themselves with plat the average player contends with on a daily basis.

Perhaps the devs will be nice & provide the merchant Oliver on the live servers & all we need to do is locate him & tell him we need money! LOL Shabang! 1000p each time.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:21 PM   #15
Uncle

IDK 22k platin Krono's to me will be pay 2 win
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #16
Mermut

This!
It's bad enough that there's only a 25% chance of success, but it sucks that it's also random WHICH stat gets upgraded...
I don't buy any of the mystery crates because I hate gambling.. I like to KNOW what I'm spending my money on. This is worse... it's a double gamble.. maybe it will work, maybe it won't.. and even when it does, it may boost the stat you don't want.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:28 PM   #17
Jakaan

I have to disagree. Buy Krono with $$, Sell for Plat, Use purchased plat to Infuse Gear with stats. Adding a step in the middle does not change the concept nor the unintended (ehem.. "intended") consequences. Bottom line: you buy Krono from Daybreak and you get to upgrade your gear.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:17 PM   #18
Mermut

The plat is already in game.. it is not created by the krono. Additionally, somebody has to have that plat in game already to spend on the Krono. Additionally infusion will take that plat out of the game, where krono just moves plat around between players.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:32 PM   #19
Alexic

As far as the infuses go ones I have used also charged platinum so the cost to fully infuse full set of gear was over 1 million Plat by far highly disappointed as this will discourage many casual players from even playing I am sure