EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Player Studio Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Reliquary

Happy Camper

So, like the good little boy I am, I have be furiously working to srarpen my somewhat slack 3D skills since the announcement of Player Studio.

I am mainly a 2D artist, but I can extrude with the best of them.  However, I have now taken the time (since I read the other thread about the sample files)  and like the noob I am, I have only now downloaded and reviewed them..

All I can say is "OMG am I being a total tool?"  As I understood it, 1 mesh = 1 unit of continually linked vertexes.  What I am seeing = 1 mesh = 1 "object" (I use Blender for 3D & Illustrator CS6 and Photoshop CS6 for 2D) and pretty much nothing is interconnected in the Thurgadin Distillery ^_^

Don't get me wrong; I am all for efficient modelling and this does sort of resonate with me since watching the Player Studio round table and hearing one of the Dev's say, "yeah we have seen items that missed polycount because of internal ones"... I originally thought "what noob has internal poly's?", but it is now becoming clearer!

So am I now correct in thinking that 1 mesh = 1 thing I can pick up move in Blender object mode?

Reliquary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
rollenzekson

Happy Camper

When you export the mesh it needs to be an object file aka .obj

rollenzekson is offline   Reply With Quote