EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Player Studio Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
Augsi

Newbie
Augsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Default

So I have the feeling that this is actually answered somewhere, but I can't find it spelled out directly so I am asking;

What item types can be made for the PlayerStudio in EQ2?  It appears that only house items and cloaks are allowed at this time, is this the case?  

If this is the case is there any talk of allowing appearance items in EQ2 the way that ornimates for weapons are allowed in EQ1?

Augsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
Eden_Evergreen

Happy Camper
Eden_Evergreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 63
Default

When you click the "submit an item" link, and look at the ones flagged as being for "EQII," the only two options are the cloak or house items. Exactly the same two options as it shows in the "Getting started" section under EQ2 PlayerStudio.

According to the recordings of SOELive posted online, there are plans to eventually add other things that we can make for EQII. However, there was nothing said about when more options would be added.

The recordings are probably somewhere on their YouTube channel. I watched most of the broadcasts on a different site when they were happening live over in Vegas, and at the moment I am not finding those links, sorry. 

Hope that helps at least a little. SMILEY

Eden_Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
feldon30

SOE Community Council
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 262
Default

Now:

  • House Items/Furniture
  • Cloaks
Soon:
  • Hair styles (I figure most people will use this to make hats with a nice hair style)
Later:
  • Weapons (they will need to have a "bone" inside them for the player to grasp and animations to bind to).
Repeatedly asked at SOE Live with absolutely no timeline if/when they will ever be possible in order of difficulty:
  • Armor
  • Mounts
  • Cold Fusion
  • Warp Drive
  • World Peace
  • Time Travel
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
Starbuck

Happy Camper
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Topeka, Ks.
Posts: 1
Default

Eden_Evergreen wrote:

When you click the "submit an item" link, and look at the ones flagged as being for "EQII," the only two options are the cloak or house items. Exactly the same two options as it shows in the "Getting started" section under EQ2 PlayerStudio.

According to the recordings of SOELive posted online, there are plans to eventually add other things that we can make for EQII. However, there was nothing said about when more options would be added.

The recordings are probably somewhere on their YouTube channel. I watched most of the broadcasts on a different site when they were happening live over in Vegas, and at the moment I am not finding those links, sorry. 

Hope that helps at least a little.

It is on their Twitchtv channel. http://twitch.tv/soe/b/334449227

Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
rollenzekson

Happy Camper
rollenzekson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 83
Default

When can we do hats for EQ? I have two made already :p

rollenzekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #6
HaohmaruEQ2

Developer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 14
Default

rollenzekson wrote:

When can we do hats for EQ? I have two made already :p

Hah! Well, we can't say 'never' to anything, as you never, ever, know, but currently it would take quite a bit of work (an understatement!) on our end to get submitted hats to game smoothly - the main problem being how we have to set them up now to work with hair without looking super odd, and the custom meshes we make for monster races (Iksar/Froglok/Sarnak/etc). We also have to ensure they work with every body type (all 30+ of them counting Soga!).

HaohmaruEQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 AM   #7
rollenzekson

Happy Camper
rollenzekson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 83
Default

HaohmaruEQ2 wrote:

rollenzekson wrote:

When can we do hats for EQ? I have two made already :p

Hah! Well, we can't say 'never' to anything, as you never, ever, know, but currently it would take quite a bit of work (an understatement!) on our end to get submitted hats to game smoothly - the main problem being how we have to set them up now to work with hair without looking super odd, and the custom meshes we make for monster races (Iksar/Froglok/Sarnak/etc). We also have to ensure they work with every body type (all 30+ of them counting Soga!).

You could give us a file template for the in game heads and we can model around it. SMILEY

rollenzekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
feldon30

SOE Community Council
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 262
Default

HaohmaruEQ2 wrote:

rollenzekson wrote:

When can we do hats for EQ? I have two made already :p

Hah! Well, we can't say 'never' to anything, as you never, ever, know, but currently it would take quite a bit of work (an understatement!) on our end to get submitted hats to game smoothly - the main problem being how we have to set them up now to work with hair without looking super odd, and the custom meshes we make for monster races (Iksar/Froglok/Sarnak/etc). We also have to ensure they work with every body type (all 30+ of them counting Soga!).

As presented at SOE Live, the plan for PlayerStudio hair for EQ2 was that artists would submit a hair style for one race (male, female, regular, and soga), not for all 20 races in male and female, regular and soga. Otherwise any artist wanting to submit a PlayerStudio hair style (forget hats for a minute) would need to produce 60 versions to be accepted.

In order for us to be able to produce hair styles comparable to the existing in-game styles, we need to be able to add non-hair items such as nose rings, feathers, sticks, etc. Thus, the support should already be there to create and submit hats without SOE having to do anything extra.

What I'm saying is, whenever PlayerStudio opens up to allowing hair styles, I believe it will by its inherent design support hats.

By the way, the #1 thing I heard from anyone I talked to at SOE Live about hair for EQ2 was, people are excited about custom hats with hair (since so many hats remove hair when applied).

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #9
Covic

Developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 65
Default

We have been working on getting new catagories for submissions.  Hopefully they will be available soon.

For hair submissionswe have been setting up bust of each race and gender that can be downloaded and fit too.  As far as hats we could use the same bust once we open up a helm catagory.  We just want to roll each catagory out slowly so we can be prepared to adjust the workload as more and more submissions come in.

Covic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
feldon30

SOE Community Council
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 262
Default

Covic wrote:

We have been working on getting new catagories for submissions.  Hopefully they will be available soon.

For hair submissionswe have been setting up bust of each race and gender that can be downloaded and fit too.  As far as hats we could use the same bust once we open up a helm catagory.  We just want to roll each catagory out slowly so we can be prepared to adjust the workload as more and more submissions come in.

Thanks so much for the info and for posting here, Dave! SMILEY

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:16 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.