EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Been farming Feerrott for these pages for the last week or so, and I haven't seen either page drop once.

I've also only seen page 11 on the broker once.

Zam says the drop rate for these pages is about 0.1%. But after farming the mobs that supposedly drop these pages, I'm beginning to have my doubts.

Thoughts?

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Seidhkona

Loremaster

Page 10 can be harvested from ! or as a body drop. Page 11 is body drop only.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
Alvane
Server: Unrest
Guild: Old Timer Guild

Loremaster

I agree... been trying for a few years to get those two pages.... every so often I go on a killing spree and get everything but.......

Alvane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

[email protected] DLere wrote:

I know how they drop. The problem is they aren't dropping.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
Vortexelemental
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Wherever the Wind May Blow

Loremaster

Xalmat wrote:

[email protected] DLere wrote:

I know how they drop. The problem is they aren't dropping.

It's a matter of the RNG hating you. You are lucky it's a whole 1%, the katana in Halls of Fate is a .75% chance drop, I have run the zone atleast 200 times in the last couple of months...and I doubt I will see the katana before the expansion. Luckily, I will likely lock all of my 80s at 82, and be able to clear Katalkana about 5 times per day, expediting my process.

As for expediting yours...you know pets will go after everything you send them after I take it? So. Find a spot with a lot of mobs within vision distance, and either make a pet attack/random target macro, or spam both buttons spinning in a circle. Your pet will go after each mob you sent it after. Just keep going from death to death looking for small chests. That is how I got my Feerrott pages.

Ah, you went and made me giggle.

There goes my sandwich.
Vortexelemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
Wolphin

Loremaster

i went on a 3 day killing spree in ferrott last week trying to get page 11.... guess what... i still need page 11....

Old 01-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
Aurel

Book Goddess

**shudder**

I still have trauma from Feerrott.  I think of all the places that had to be farmed for any of my books, Feerrott has left the worst vision in my head, remembering the days... and days... and... days...  *sobs*

Old 01-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
Enica
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Casual Alliance

Loremaster

Are there plans to maybe up the drop rate on these?  Especially since Feerrott is a zone that people just pass through these days and is not anywhere near an "end zone" anymore?

Enica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
urgthock

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Are there plans to maybe up the drop rate on these?  Especially since Feerrott is a zone that people just pass through these days and is not anywhere near an "end zone" anymore?

If there isn't, there should be.

urgthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
Teshra

Loremaster

Agree. Over the xmas break, I went thru Feerott and spent lots of time killing and collecting grounds spawn pages. All 6 of my toons completed 13 of the 15 Feerott collections. They all still need the 2 pages in this topic, along with Lt Dergud 289 - pages 2,7,10,11. Ran into a couple of rare pages that I was able to get eventually but I found it really odd that not one toon was able to get even one of these 6 pages.

Teshra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:45 AM   #11
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

it reminded me of flaming cloak cape quest, i did hunt page 7 or page 11, but i dont remember what pages i hunt in Kaladam for 2 weeks, i nearly got becoming "crazed" with that close of planning to kick devs' arses, and shortly after i got the last page before Kunark released, and i quit and took time off for almost 2 years.

speak up, i hardly heard you, need to raise a hellstorm and get devs to realized how bad it was designed and to improve more game fun than having frustrated, random 3-10 kills is enough to have a page dropped, but over 500 kills and nothing happen is something wrong and undesirable.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #12
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Have you tried picking up the pages in front of the Fear Cave? It seems that a lot of the rarer pages are over there.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
Alvane

Loremaster

Rare pages are usually in a tricky spot ..... a spot around the highest lvl MOBS, a spot around the most densely populated MOBS or in a spot that is in an out of way place that has no bearing on any quest or MOB to give a character a reason to go there - wherever "there" is!

I don't mind killing 50 or even 100 MOBs to get a rare drop... what I do mind is the years it may take off and on attempting to find that missing page or two even when all MOBs are grey and your adventure level is maxed. I never counted the number of MOBs I've killed in FE or any place on a hunting spree for rare dropped pages, but I bet my killing sprees are in the 1000s.... LOL

Old 01-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #14
Kaitheel

Dev

I am sorry that these pages were eluding you, Xalmat.  As a result of this a change has been made and I wanted to share with you the good news!  With GU55 you will see the following change in the update notes:

• Feerrott - "The 3rd Lieutenant Gerrog Logbook" Pages 10, 11 have had their drop rate increased.

Hopefully, that will help you obtain the missing pages of your book!

~Kaitheel

Old 01-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #15
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Sweet, thank you!

Old 01-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #16
Orienne

Loremaster

These 2 pages indeed have been rare drops for the zone. I've had page 10 for quite some time now, however page 11 simply has not dropped in the few times I farmed the zone for it. One of my guildmates however was able to get this to drop after 5 days of farming the zone.

Thank you for the news that these pages will be dropping a bit more frequently Kaitheel, great news indeed!

Orienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #17
Bremer

Loremaster

Kaitheel, while you are looking at page drop rates, could you please also take a look at the Fireknight pages drop rate in Lesser Faydark? Killing 3 mobs you'll get at least 5 pages of the Fireknight, the drop rate is absurdly high.
Bremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:04 PM   #18
Tehom

Loremaster

Yay, thanks Kaitheel! And yeah, the Fireknight drop rate in Lesser Faydark is really high. 'From Daughter to Father' pages are pretty rare there by contrast.

Tehom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #19
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

gosh! thanks SMILEY that would save my sanity and recovering my wits.

too bad, i wasnt able to plan a boot printing. lol, grin.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:24 AM   #20
NightGod473

Loremaster

Kaitheel wrote:

I am sorry that these pages were eluding you, Xalmat.  As a result of this a change has been made and I wanted to share with you the good news!  With GU55 you will see the following change in the update notes:

• Feerrott - "The 3rd Lieutenant Gerrog Logbook" Pages 10, 11 have had their drop rate increased.

Hopefully, that will help you obtain the missing pages of your book!

~Kaitheel

Any chance of taking a look at Lt Dergud 289 - pages 2,7,10,11, as well? Like Teshra, I've been missing those pages along with the two that are mentioned in the thread title for quite a long time.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #21
Alvane

Loremaster

OMG..... dang it... that means I will not have my 10 trips a year into FE to hunt those dang pages! Sheez.....

Thanks K - I just might finish up that one book.... now for a few others......

Old 01-28-2010, 08:49 PM   #22
Kaitheel

Dev

Nightgod, the “1st Lieutenant Dergud, 289” book pages had their drop rate increased at the same time that the “The 3rd Lieutenant Gerrog Logbook” was adjusted.

And Lesser Faydark - "Snuffing the Fireknight" Pages 1 -3 have had their drop rate decreased, not by much mind you, but some.  It should help!

Those changes should be in GU55.

~Kaitheel

Old 01-29-2010, 01:09 AM   #23
KerowynnKaotic

Tormentor of Fae

Is it too late to /beg, /grovel, /demand, /plead or /bribe to get Anaz Mal, Blackfang - Page 5 drop rate increased?  

Been after that one for .. uh hrm . how long as DoF been out?  .. *sad face*

KerowynnKaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:23 AM   #24
Maroger

Loremaster

Aurelis wrote:

**shudder**

I still have trauma from Feerrott.  I think of all the places that had to be farmed for any of my books, Feerrott has left the worst vision in my head, remembering the days... and days... and... days...  *sobs*

I agree -- I have so many unfinished books from Feerott - it isn't even funny.

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #25
Aurel

Book Goddess

*slips in a request for The Case of the Suspicious Sarnak Super Soliders to be fixed, among other books*

*cough*

Look at all those collection pages... that need an update to drop rates... *ahrm*  Pay no attention to the non-collections...  d:

Old 01-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #26
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

get to 80 lvl and have most mobs greyed while looking for missing pages in Forgotten City in fallen dynasty.

too hard with dense mobs fighting for pages nearby, forcing to hit 80 and start finishing collections. terrible.

wish they included "factions" to allow no hostile arggoes.

anyway, i do look forward for those pages when that patch update is ready.

now it seem i will stay around for those pages.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #27
Aurel

Book Goddess

Tut, tut!  It is possible to get the Forsaken City pages at level 70.  Of course, I am a necromancer, so I used my pet as bait while I harvested.  But it IS possible.  (;

And there are factions in Forsaken City.  If you kill enough Nayads in Nizara, then you gain faction with the Forsaken City folk and can wander as you please.  Also, I am 98% certain if you enter Forsaken City and refrain from killing anyone (as I'm also 98% certain that all of the FC pages can be gotten from harvesting; this does not include the books from Nizara), you should be at the borderline of faction for the zone to be indifferent to you, save for scattered nameds.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #28
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

i went in last night for first time into Nizara zone, most of them are hostile and 72lvl ^^^, it not possible to sneak.

i guess, i wait 2 more weeks for SF and get into 83-84 lvl for them to be greyed and unhindered. i am so sick of heavy density of heroic mobs, dont have time fight and fight to gain next foothold to get closer. that is so insanity.

try telling me to get a group, but where or how is possible? expectaully most are doing shards or in raids, ignoring older "abandoned" zones. "LFG for Forgotten City/Nizara" and i get teased and got make fun at my situations.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:44 AM   #29
Eggwardo

Loremaster

it took me a while to find one, i mentored down to 35 or something and found one off the first group of lizzards i killed, the ones near the docks.  Good luck man.

Eggwardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #30
Aurel

Book Goddess

[email protected] wrote:

i went in last night for first time into Nizara zone, most of them are hostile and 72lvl ^^^, it not possible to sneak.

i guess, i wait 2 more weeks for SF and get into 83-84 lvl for them to be greyed and unhindered. i am so sick of heavy density of heroic mobs, dont have time fight and fight to gain next foothold to get closer. that is so insanity.

try telling me to get a group, but where or how is possible? expectaully most are doing shards or in raids, ignoring older "abandoned" zones. "LFG for Forgotten City/Nizara" and i get teased and got make fun at my situations.

d:  Tsk!  I said Forsaken City, not Nizara.  Nizara is not possible to sneak because a) they probably see invisible, although I never tried and b) there are no harvested pages.  In Nizara, you will need to kill them, as the pages are body [edit: ahem, chest] drops.  I was luckily able to solo the first 4 or so mobs at the front of the zone and could go in and out as the lockout timer wouldn't ding, and also have good friends that would go with me when they could, along with pick-up groups.

Forsaken City, however, one is able to invis/sneak around in, provided they have some way to harvest uninterrupted (e.g., a pet, in my case).

And as far as getting a group for Nizara:

Where is it possible:  I had little problem on Bazaar, that's where q:  I'm sure the timing of making the request plus the way it is advertised helps.

How is it possible:  Advertising!  In Nizara, all of the mobs, save for the little fish and such, give AA as if they were nameds.  When starting a pick-up group, mention this.  Most people I got to come with me for a pick-up were more than eager to get all the delicious AA dangling around as if it were common fruit in the zone.

It's all about the attitude.  An attitude can break or break a situation.  (: