EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #61
Uggli

General

Suggestion for those harvesting next year..... make friends with a tinker.    Have them make you the Gnomish Divining Rods.    They track harvestable/collectables very well, and have a fairly long range.  5 charges per rod.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #62
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Last night, 3 of us frantically foraged/purchased roses and went in search of the 500 roses title. We ended up getting it in the early morning hours, and now we are "The Amorous"!

Someone took a screenshot of us with our new titles, so maybe that image will show up here sometime today.

I hope there isn't a 750/1000 title, 'cause I honestly think there are not enough active toons around to get this feat done in the week or so of EDay.

For the record I did not forage. I harvest and collect. Foraging is like what bunnies do. That is all.

- Zehl the Flirtatious/Romantic/Passionate/Amorous (ew... the last is so not fitting to a DE).

Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #63
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

Uggliey wrote:

Suggestion for those harvesting next year..... make friends with a tinker.    Have them make you the Gnomish Divining Rods.    They track harvestable/collectables very well, and have a fairly long range.  5 charges per rod.

No need really.. you can easily see the roses with the improved particle effect.

ask me for FB
Old 02-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #64
Oxie

Loremaster

1) I forage, Zehl...only to annoy you!

2) OMG TURN SOGA OFF. I look much better in non-SOGA! RAWR.

3) F10 to get rid of chatboxes.

Oxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #65
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

Uggliey wrote:

No need really.. you can easily see the roses with the improved particle effect.

Yeah but you're not going to know that all the roses are on the other side of The Wall if you don't go looking there directly. the Divining Rods can track roses from significantly further away then you'll ever be able to see.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #66
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

Caela wrote:

I didn't even learn about the titles until last night - I tried to give as many as I could - only got about 50 done.  With the invention of guild halls, not as many people gathering spots - though Everfrost TSO area and The Moores were not bad.  A shorter cast time, and if there was any sort of emote, I didn't see it - so hard to tell who I had given one to, or if it took as they were running off.

It was really hard to do, there are not that many people online on most servers in one night, and if they are they are raiding in zones you can't get to them.

I made a macro which had a say with the target's name in it, and used the rose on my target to hope they'd stand still a second, as well as keep some track of who I hit in large crowds and not duplicate. It did have an emote but you couldn't see it in lower graphic settings. If you were not on a mount you kneeled, if you were you just saw some hearts & roses in the air.

ask me for FB
Old 02-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #67
ObsidianNightmare

Loremaster

The easiest way to achieve the Romantic title is to make a T3 Guild Hall Tour which I did on two of my toons and acheived the title in a few hours work.  Find people at their broker locations and at the tradeskill areas of their halls. Prime time is probably the best option however I was able to do this on a light server load as well.

Additionally find people at home city broker locations, CL, LS and EF TSO zone locations.

I had fun getting the title and getting to see the many T3 Guild Halls on Unrest and Butcherblock.

That is after harvesting in EL.. Which only took me 1-2 hours on each toon and Bountiful Harvest AA helped with multiple flower harvests.

ObsidianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #68
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

2) OMG TURN SOGA OFF. I look much better in non-SOGA! RAWR.

3) F10 to get rid of chatboxes.

IMO All boys look better in SOGA. A few girl races I use original.

F10 = hides titles too, had to do leave it. I did take pics with both cause of that, and tried to smudge the boxes but I did that with photoshop, working remotely from my office to my home comp... and I will edit them out better later. So if anyone reads this later and its nicer looking, that is why.

ask me for FB
Old 02-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #69
Oxie

Loremaster

Longer event time would have been nice to try and get all the titles.

I was tab target spamming looking for roses, and then it dawned on me to bump up my rendering distance and us my "long distance shiny spotting" settings. The roses then popped up all over the place on my screen. I mostly stayed near the infected halfling homes and the water goblin areas in the SW corner of the EL map, sometimes I'd cruise out to the wasp area and over to the spires. I didn't have much luck in the NE corner of the map or where the eyeballs hang out. Having a 70% run speed also helps (go go jboots + walking stick!)

Old 02-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #70
Elquinjena

Huntress

I hope that we can run a news report on the show tonight about your success...

I will pm you what I have writen up with the help of Ruckus.

Antonia Bayle Server - EQII Legion of Kithicor
Elquinjena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #71
Teircen

Loremaster

Kind of a moot point now that the event is over but for the sake of discussion...

Once they added flames to the roses it was pretty easy to see them for me.  I have 2 main settings I use.  A "raid" setting that I also tend to use for single dungeon crawls with only essential things turned on and just enough graphics goodness to make it an enjoyable play experience (I still want to be able to identify people and armor more or less, etc).  I also have a shiny hunting setting for nice screenshots and finding things with particle effects faster.  In raid mode I had to be a couple "paces" (for lack of a better term) away to see the roses.  In shiny hunting mode I could see them way off in the distance.  I'm not using a top of the line system by any stretch but it's no slouch either.  For someone playing on a system that barely comes close to the specifications I'm not sure what would help most other than to say find one of the customization guides for setting up your UIs.  Drop what you can to save processing power and turn on what you need to, it does help.  Things like shadows are nice but are major resource hogs.  I usually have shadows off even in my picture modes.

Unfortunately for me I was out of town all weekend during the prime hunting time for people.  I had to work at acquiring it but I did manage the 500 rose Amorous title finally late last night.  

I logged in this early this morning hoping to get one last toon done on the normal quest line and saw the MOTD saying "this is the last full day".  I didn't notice if that's what it said yesterday so I was hoping it was extending it until the end of today for some reason but wasn't holding my breath.  Still, it was worth a shot. A little over 400 roses collected this morning and I watched as a few roses in my view disappeared promptly at 7am PST by the server clock.  Ah well, it was worth a shot.  SMILEY  

It would have been nice to have been on over the weekend and give 1000 roses a shot though at 500 it was getting darned hard to find unique people to give roses to that I hadn't already given roses to before.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #72
Oxie

Loremaster

After going back over everything, and knowing how many roses I had gathered before this event all started, this is what I've figured out:

When the event went live, I went and got the first two titles, not keeping track of how many I actually had given out. I knew that one quest required 8 to be handed out, but from what others had said, there was the 1st title at 25 and a 2nd one at 75. Another person posted yesterday that they had gotten the 3rd title, but because of not knowing the actual number, I started out by keeping track of how many flowers I had and who I was tagging. I had around 375 flowers when I started going for the known 3rd title, and hopefully enough to try and get the assumed 4th title (I didn't realize that the number reset back to 0 once you got the next title.) I got rid of around 150 or so when I got the 3rd title, and was around 25 short from my original 375 to get the 4th title.

So, it goes like this:

give out 25, get 1st title, reset to 0

give out 75, get 2nd title, reset to 0

give out 150, get 3rd title, reset to 0

give out 250, get 4th title, (reset to 0 to get yet another title?)

25+75+150+250=500 which is a nice even number.

If this event happens next year (and the pattern repeats), I'm going to have a fit finding 500/1000 people to see if there are 1-2 more unknown titles.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #73
Cusashorn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

After going back over everything, and knowing how many roses I had gathered before this event all started, this is what I've figured out:

When the event went live, I went and got the first two titles, not keeping track of how many I actually had given out. I knew that one quest required 8 to be handed out, but from what others had said, there was the 1st title at 25 and a 2nd one at 75. Another person posted yesterday that they had gotten the 3rd title, but because of not knowing the actual number, I started out by keeping track of how many flowers I had and who I was tagging. I had around 375 flowers when I started going for the known 3rd title, and hopefully enough to try and get the assumed 4th title (I didn't realize that the number reset back to 0 once you got the next title.) I got rid of around 150 or so when I got the 3rd title, and was around 25 short from my original 375 to get the 4th title.

So, it goes like this:

If this event happens next year (and the pattern repeats), I'm going to have a fit finding 500/1000 people to see if there are 1-2 more unknown titles.

So what is the final list of titles? Flirtacious, Romantic, ????, Amorous?

Old 02-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #74
Oxie

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:

???? = Passionate.

I'm guessing if there is a 5th title, it is Stalker.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #75
Elquinjena

Huntress

[email protected] wrote:

So, it goes like this:

I still belive its 25 for the first 100 for the next and so on. After I got the first title I loaded up in roses and added a emote to the giving of the rose which would display the person's name...I wrote down each and every name I gave a rose to....and I had over 100 names...

my guess is that some moved away too quickly before the give rose timer was up...I had like 112 writen down before the 2nd title showed up

Antonia Bayle Server - EQII Legion of Kithicor
Elquinjena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #76
Cusashorn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Cusashorn wrote:

???? = Passionate.

I'm guessing if there is a 5th title, it is Stalker.

nah. Can't be Stalker. Stalker would imply giving hundreds of roses to the same person.

The 5th title would probably be "The Town Bicycle"... >_>

Old 02-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #77
Seidhkona

Loremaster

I am carefully putting my roses away in the house vault for next year to see if I can make the higher titles. I want The Amorous!

Old 02-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #78
Kizee

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

I am carefully putting my roses away in the house vault for next year to see if I can make the higher titles. I want The Amorous!

Has anybody gotten a title after the event ended?

I really think that if you have the roses then you can still give them out for the title. I could see if you had to turn something in to a quest NPC that wouldn't work anymore however these titles are awarded like slayer titles.

Kizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:26 AM   #79
Seidhkona

Loremaster

Kizee wrote:

I really think that if you have the roses then you can still give them out for the title. I could see if you had to turn something in to a quest NPC that wouldn't work anymore however these titles are awarded like slayer titles.

No, you can't work on the titles after Erollisi Week is over.

Kaitheel wrote earlier in this thread:

The titles have to be gained during the week of the events being active.  If you have roses after the event is over you can still give them away, but they will not count towards a title.  Just like last year when the roses first started blooming in the Enchanted Lands and the secret titles were first put in. 

Old 02-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #80
Kizee

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Kizee wrote:

No, you can't work on the titles after Erollisi Week is over.

Kaitheel wrote earlier in this thread:

The titles have to be gained during the week of the events being active.  If you have roses after the event is over you can still give them away, but they will not count towards a title.  Just like last year when the roses first started blooming in the Enchanted Lands and the secret titles were first put in. 

Hrm... thought I read the whole thread. I guess I missed it. In that case it would have been nice to have alittle more than a week to do these quests.

Thanks.

Kizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #81
Powers

Loremaster

I still say such highly-sought titles should not require so much tedious grinding and out-of-character behavior.  Having to give out eight for the quest was bad enough.

Powers  &8^]

Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #82
freel

General

I would like to make some suggestions for next year's event. First, can we please have a counter, so we know how many roses we have successfully given. Also, since the game mechanics seems to know when we've already given a rose to someone, can we receive a message that says that you're already wooed the person and have to hit a button to continue to give the rose. It is very difficult to keep track of all the players you have given roses to. I would say that my husband and I spent more time getting our romantic titles for ourselves and a couple alts than any other quest offered this year.

The titles are very nice, making the roses more visible was great ... now if you can just make a few additional improvements - counter and whether we've given to a person or not - would be awesome. Thanks

freel is offline   Reply With Quote