EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2018, 01:03 AM   #1
avashi

I just finished the quest "Fun Cubed" and started up the stairs and all I saw was a pinkish skyline until I tilted camera in a different direction, then the stairs appeared.
avashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:14 PM   #2
Lewyr

To clarify as I was about to report the same as above
Zone: Myrst the Great Library
Loc: 280,-34, 183 (approximately) Leaving the Librarian quarters at the bottom of the stairs, facing the stairs
    • Panned out about 50%. If fully panned out or in first person view there is no issue
Issue: shows outdoor sky instead of the stairs. -*note* you don't fall through the world, you just lose view of your environment.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #3
Gninja

Developer

Haven't been able to reproduce this. Can you run over to that spot one more time and see if maybe we caught it in latest build?
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #4
Elinea

The "west" bug of old EQ returns! RUN!

Ahem, anyway, I just ran over this spot about 3 minutes ago, and I saw the sky for a few steps on the way up.

281.15 -34.92 184.37 94.21 0.00 0.00 is where it starts

Edit: I zoomed into first person view and it started way further back, at 295.93 -34.91 182.76 98.22 0.00 0.00
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #5
Gninja

Developer

Just tried it again, no luck. Streaming? Full Download? Can you verify assets?
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:04 PM   #6
Elinea

For me, full download. It changes if I move the camera to look up or down as well. I'm sure my system isn't as hefty as yours, but it's not a chump pc either. I can raid on very high graphics with my machine.

I ran a "validate game assets" on the launcher, no issues.

I never figured out how to record what I'm doing, or I'd do that Frown
Old 10-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #7
Cyrrena

I did not have this problem until last night and it occurred every place in the library where you had to run up a set of stairs from one of the side chambers to get back to the main library. The first couple of times I hesitated and took the leap of faith, after that I knew that I was still running in the corridor after exiting the stairs.

I have full download. I tried with default UI and DarqUI, just mentioning this in case it is something in the add-on UI that may be causing it. I know things that should not interfere with each other sometimes do. Also, I run a validation every time before I log into the beta server to make sure everything that has been pushed through actually updates.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:32 PM   #8
Elinea

I haven't been down those stairs since finishing the crafting quest line, but I ran down there today, and noticed that the sky doesn't show through the stairs when running up and down. Whatever that was, it's fixed. Thank you devs!