EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Player Studio Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Slokia

The Quiet Type

Hey guys!  I am really excited to hear about Player Studio launching but have a few questions before I submit anything.

1.  Why are there are only two buyable submissions for eq2 so far?  Is it because there are a lack of modelers/designers submitting so far or is it just really hard to get accepted?  The chest and the cloak are really nice but they aren't out of this world so I am a little confused as to why these are the only ones posted so far.

2.  How deep into lore reasoning do we have to go?  I am mainly a pvp player and don't really get into lore and such.  Can I just say: Ratonga Trap for your house SMILEY 

3.  Are animated models accepted?  For house pets and such or just static models. 

4.  Is this only for housing items?  Can we submit models of creatures we would like to see in-game for example?

mmm... that's all for now.  Sorry if some of these have already been answered it's early and I just woke up.

Slokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Eden_Evergreen

Happy Camper

Syrah answered at least part of that first question in this thread:

http://forums.station.sony.com/stat..._id=11500053135

Basically, they are rolling out a few player-made items at a time to avoid flooding the market with so many different things that each one does not get the attention it deserves.

That sounds to me like more PlayerStudio items will likely be released each week.

Also consider that if someone wanted a particle effect added to their item, that would require more time and effort from SOE's artists, resulting in it taking longer before the item could be released into the game.

It is possible that the two of us whose items went into the game this last week may have been the first two who got the financial paperwork back to SOE after having our submissions accepted.

For #2 and @3, you'll probably need an answer from someone working at SOE.

#4 ... In the webcasts from SOElive, they said they are *starting* with only a few different types of things to get the ball rolling. They plan to add more things that players may submit later on. They did not say *when* they plan to add more options, only that more are planned. They also did not say precisely what else they plan to add.

Hopefully that will help, at least a little.

Edit: doggoned typos. *sigh*

Eden_Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Slokia

The Quiet Type

Thank you Eden,

That was very helpful.  I reread my post and I think it  sounded wrong about the two submissions.  I love your cloak design and as for colors I like the ones you have but would like too see a forest green SMILEY  Mainly because it's my favorite color grins.  The Chest is great too.  I'm not really sure what I was expecting, maybe some uber Zbrush artist with highly detailed character work or something lol  I was actually glad to see that it does seem like stuff that I would have time to work on.

I really hope the community supports this idea.  And I will get to work thinking of an idea to submit SMILEY

Thanks again for your help!

Slokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Eden_Evergreen

Happy Camper

*ponders*

Right now, the only color submitted is the deep blue. I was inquiring if people would be interested in the other 3 colors.

I have plans to make different designs in greens and browns, but had figured the star belonged in colors resembling the night sky. So that's what I did with it. SMILEY

Pleased to be of some assistance with questions and answers. *curtseys politely*

Hopefully an official person will wander past these forums again, and be able to answer your other questions. SMILEY

Old 12-24-2012, 12:35 AM   #5
Kurogo

The Quiet Type

Hello Slokia, I am going to reference the SOE Webcast where they talked about the player's studio, as well as the EQ2 Player's Studio FAQ (That can be found on the eq2 website). I really recommend checking these out for everyone, as they answered a lot of my questions before I even asked them.

1. The submission process takes a fairly long amount of time to get an item in game. Chances are, the few items available now were submitted fairly close to the launch date of the studio. As more items get submitted, the dev team will implement them in small amounts to allow everyone to share the spot light.

2. I am guessing from some of the other content on the SC Marketplace, that you can completely ignore specific lore, as long as the item actually fits into the games setting. Creating a sword to hang on the wall that comes from absolutely nowhere would be ok; but creating a spaceship with split wings and a bubble robot in the back would be out of place, even if it came from a very gifted gnome.

3. A response I got from HaohmaruEQ2 concerning animated models was: they are discussing this possibility, but for now static only.

4. You can submit anything you want. But for EQ2, they are only publishing house models and cloaks. I believe that they will open further aspects of the game for the studio, but this is probably their way of seeing how popular this program will work.

Kurogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
Eden_Evergreen

Happy Camper

Kurogo wrote:

... Chances are, the few items available now were submitted fairly close to the launch date of the studio. ...

*nod*

For example, my cloak was submitted within an hour of the PlayerStudio program opening up for submissions.

I would imagine that the other items that have found their way into the games thus far were also early submissions. SMILEY

I don't envy the screening people ... I'd imagine they have quite tall stacks of submissions accumulating in their in-boxes while they're on vacation!

Here's hoping everyone has safe, happy and healthy holidays! SMILEY