EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
mobydick

Loremaster

I'm sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but what are the "must do" quests in the life of an EQ2 avatar?  Maybe like 10-20 of the most important?
mobydick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Vanisher123

Loremaster

mobydick wrote:
I'm sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but what are the "must do" quests in the life of an EQ2 avatar?  Maybe like 10-20 of the most important?
While I would suggest doing Heritige Quests, I don't think there are any "MUST DO" quests in eq2, there are some access quests to get into places, quests you must do to get the next in said line, but Nothing that will hamper your game play if you don't do it.
Vanisher123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:21 AM   #3
ke'la

Loremaster

Vanisher123 wrote:
mobydick wrote:
While I would suggest doing Heritige Quests, I don't think there are any "MUST DO" quests in eq2, there are some access quests to get into places, quests you must do to get the next in said line, but Nothing that will hamper your game play if you don't do it.
Other then maybe the story line quest for the current expansion (Previously the Prismatic, God King, Claymore, and SoD lines) currently that means the Epic Weapon quest for your class... that and the few "Transportation" quests (Ports for Druids/Sorc, Griff tower/horse access, and the Sokaar quest line)Now if your a Min/Maxer then the there are a few out there that are important to have but I would not call them "Must haves"

ke'la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:31 AM   #4
Zabjade

Loremaster

The only one that comes to mind off the top of my head is the Speak as a Dragon Questline even if you do not go beyond to get the Prismatics the language is helpful in other questlines and if you are a Monk it is required for your Epic.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:41 AM   #5
Prodigus

Loremaster

This is an interesting topic, something I was thinking of keeping track the other day for my alts.While some aren't "must do", its nice to have some done and I seem to forget to do them.For example, getting your Call of Ro ability for MajDul.  This is a great thing to have when your other call is down, and there isnt a port available.  And, I usually still go to the courts house to dump all my status tokens at once.Another quest would be for the wargs in LP.  I'd like to hear some other "cant miss" quests that you all do on your toons (except the obvious L&L, HQ, etc).
Prodigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:16 AM   #6
Dreamaria

Loremaster

10-20 quests uh? I have a number of 80s and it'll probably be more like groups of quests...Every language quest, particularly words of pure magic and speak as a dragon are used in numerous quests but then again serilian is used in quests in Fens (70-75 quests) and an hq. Different languages are used in signature quests others in other quests in certain timelines. Some Epics require particular languages.Depending on your class Lore and legends quests, not only because they're easy and don't grey out anymore but because as a mage or a scout the attack is a good bit of damage. Not necessarily the rare Lore and Legends but the common everyday encounters (skellie, zombie, ghost, di'zok, bugbear, kobold, aviak, droag etc).For a tank I would do the Claymore line through Palace of the awakened just for some of the mitigation and avoidance items.For a mage, the Draco Mortus Heritage Quest in Tenabreous Tangle (level 65-68 I believe), unless you're going to raid top zones.At the moment if you're not a raider, the Thuuga Quest Line that starts in Kylong Plains and continues to Fens. (For any class multiple rewards that are excellent for non-raiders)I would say every quest in Jarsath Wastes for the Hammer that procs a port to JW. Not a need but really really nice to have for you and for those that you group with.Those are just my opinions and what i could think of at the moment
Dreamaria is offline   Reply With Quote