EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-06-2010, 08:02 AM   #1
Palleon

Loremaster

Hey,

So, as one day, in theory, everyone on the server could potentially have the mistmoore crag estate, can we have the entrance portals added to other towns? 

I love the New Halas layout for example, so really dont want to move to South Qeynos in order to use my reward. As it looks to be just a case of popping a small entrance item down in the other towns, it cant be a big job for you guys to add it in. 

Please, pretty please?

Thanks!

Palleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

Palleon wrote:

Hey,

So, as one day, in theory, everyone on the server could potentially have the mistmoore crag estate, can we have the entrance portals added to other towns? 

I love the New Halas layout for example, so really dont want to move to South Qeynos in order to use my reward. As it looks to be just a case of popping a small entrance item down in the other towns, it cant be a big job for you guys to add it in. 

Please, pretty please?

Thanks!

you don't have to move to Qeynos now that they let you set the bind point to any city in your faction.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
Cusashorn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Palleon wrote:

Hey,

Please, pretty please?

Thanks!

you don't have to move to Qeynos now that they let you set the bind point to any city in your faction.

Beat me to it. Just rebind in South Qeynos. Problem solved.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Well, it does work, but for those who moved out of Qeynos and Freeport because they liked the other cities better, it's not a really good option.

(well, for my part, as the first thing I'll do is bind all my chars in Q and FP it's not a problem but well, it's just me)

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
Kamimura

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Beat me to it. Just rebind in South Qeynos. Problem solved.

That doesn't actually help the OP, though. If they enjoy the city of Halas, then binding in SQ has the same effect as formally moving to Qeynos - they'd still have to run back to Halas to do whatever else. Only benefit would be if they wanted to keep working on the crafting faction of another city, but if it's the actual city they want to stay for? This option doesn't do much for them.

Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:13 AM   #6
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

I think that if we have a blood contract to sign to get the house then we should get a "call to home" spell (or "summon door man" spell if that were easier to code in) with it, usuable once per hour or so. 

Other than that it is AWSOME! can't wait 9 days and counting (I was lazy getting my account up and going) 

Old 11-07-2010, 03:26 AM   #7
Chiyoiche
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Midnight Ravens

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I think that if we have a blood contract to sign to get the house then we should get a "call to home" spell (or "summon door man" spell if that were easier to code in) with it, usuable once per hour or so. 

Other than that it is AWSOME! can't wait 9 days and counting (I was lazy getting my account up and going) 

i dont see why we cant have a ''call home'' and ''call to citie'' too either...i mean...if they can let us call inside our guild halls...why not inside our homes?

Chiyoiche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:36 AM   #8
Palleon

Loremaster

Yes my point here was that I love that in New Halas I can zone in, and quickly run around between the banker, broker, collector, chronomage, bells, houses, crafters etc, without having to zone 300 times and I get to see lots of the other people busy around me. In South Qeynos I feel like I am playing a solo game, and one where I have to keep zoning or running for miles if I want to do anything. Plus, when trying to tell someone where to see your house, trying to get them to go to South Qeynos (especially if they are from Freeport) is a nightmare. I also really like the snowy look of Halas.

So, if the small round "Zone to house" object was quickly plopped down somewhere near the houses in New Halas, Gorowyn etc - problem solved! SMILEY

Old 11-07-2010, 04:43 AM   #9
Tigress

Loremaster

if they are going to do this then i ask that they please do the same for the skyblade skiff.  for several characters, i used to use the bell to get to their home, which was annoying & time consuming (especially for the qeynos one bc it was double zone) but now i can call to home with their new bind and i am grateful; however, i did prefer not calling to qeynos/freeport for my characters that was not from Q/FP.  for one of them, (before the skyblade & new bind) it was really great to call to home in gorowyn and be near the guild hall, yet right next to all the merchants.

(my call to home is always right next to the house.)

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #10
Dramira
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

Having a call that goes to your house is a good idea. SMILEY

Dramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

How about even a new quest that will reward us with a call to home? Make it fun.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #12
Cloudrat

Tester

Call to home separate from bind spot is a nice idea for all toons. 

A portal for the premium homes available in each town for access is a great idea too.  No reason we can't have both.  People who own premium homes often share them with alts and have alts drop quest items in them for decoration rather than having a separate home for every alt. There is no reason premium homes shouldnt be easily accessible by everyone on your account and by  people visiting.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #13
Palleon

Loremaster

The problem with putting in a call to home, rather than simply copying the entrance node into the other towns, is that for those of us who use our home to sell things, its not easy for people to zone out of say New Halas, into Qeynos, into South Qeynos, and then run all the way down to the other end, to look for the small entrance... I use New Halas, as both Qeynos and Freeport aligned players can visit it quickly without having to use sewers, dodge guards etc.

I don't really want to have to have a small home on my main, where I sell things, and then an alt with my main mansion. South Qeynos is also a pain for my freeport alts to come and drop off their cool items.