EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > Overland / Contested Zones (CoE Beta) > The Eidolon Jungle
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
elowith

Loremaster

The beholders eye is not usable when targetting a live (or deal) soul light.  (By the way, these, like all soullights are absolutely horrible to fight compared to all other mobs.)

elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
Reptilgubben

Loremaster

soullights have a buff u need to interrupt. after that its easy. also u need to use eye after they have less than 20% which can really be a pita unless u wait for the buff to hit again so u can burn it down slowly

Reptilgubben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
elowith

Loremaster

My eye thingy is not useable at any percentage, including 20 or lower.  (And some classes don't get interrupts, which just makes all the soullight quests incredibly annoying.)  But more importantly, I can't get any quest updates.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

If you can't interrupt the soullight ability, you can also just wait for it to wear off. It's only a 10s buff.

Fyreflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
Peysel
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Tranquility

Tester

The more you hit when the buff is up the more it triggers again so it can be up for the entire fight, don't use dots when it's up and cancel any buffs that might proc it (thornstorm for example).  You'll just have to be careful and call any pet/merc off when it gets close to 20%.

Peysel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
elowith

Loremaster

The buff stuff is annoying but isn't the point of my post.  I've FINALLY discovered you have to be right on top of the mob to be able to use the eye which is not a normal place for a caster to stand.  

Old 10-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

I'll check that out and see what I can do. Or at least relay the info to the quest designer. Either way, we should have a fix in soon =)

Fyreflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
Misia

Lord

Vylsith: We believe your weaponry can be attuned to this plane, at least briefly. If you can ollect ethereal essence, you might be able to strike the beast, even when phased. Then eyou can defeat it.

Misia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #9
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

The range of the Shrunken Gazer Eye is way too small. We have to drag the soullights down to earth first (by engaging and the backing off) to be able to use the item... which allows the ***** beasts to cast the soul barrier spell first *grumbles*

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev

HAHAHA, okay, I'll increase it.  Sorry about that - I used another item as a template and didn't think about checking the range.  SMILEY

Thanks for the feedback!

Old 11-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #11
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Intro dialogue typos:

Vylsith: "Then eyou can defeat it." - "eyou" should be "you"

Vylsith: "From the soul lights." - "soul lights" should be "soullights" to match the mob name

First step also asks for "soul lights", again this should be "soullights".

The 20% mark is difficult--so far I'm 1 for 3 due to multi-attack triggering right as the soullight hits 20%. = Please consider 30% or 40%!

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote