EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2009, 04:46 AM   #1
merryprankster1

The Quiet Type
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
Default

What's the point of this section being here when the game won't exist at the end of FF anyway?

merryprankster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
Croesus

Journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 1984'd
Posts: 32
Default

It was made in order to make it seem to MxO players that MxO would have some activity or schedule etc.. all the while they get as much cash from subscribers as possible before the announcement of MxO's closure.

Croesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:44 AM   #3
ZippyTheSquirrel

Happy Camper
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Your attic...look up.
Posts: 9
Default

Why? Why, why, why... why do they do it? Why? Why make threads? Why keep posting? Do you believe it's for something, like money, respect, perhaps guilt? Could it even be for love?

Fpah! Illusions. Vagaries of perception, temporary constructs of a hopeful mind trying desperately to justify these forums that have no meaning or purpose! All of which is no more in vain than hoping for a revival of the Matrix itself, although...

Only an MxO player could possibly dream of a purpose behind lack of such.

You must be able to see it, you must know it by now. It's over, the Matrix Online is gone!

So why, why does SOE persist with these lies?!

(For the lulz, prob'ly.)

Boredom breeds such weird things in my mind.

ZippyTheSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:23 AM   #4
mantra777

Happy Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 36
Default

coz it's not over THERE that's why it is HERE... =P

I would rather have some kind of just take one room for just a last panel of Q&A on the truth and none of these Corporation mumbo jumbo voodoo stuff...

mantra777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
PixD

Newbie
PixD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1
Default

To be honest, I never liked Sony.

And just to make thinks abit more exciting, I have something to say:

Isn't Sony (with all there names) RICH ENOUGH? They make TV's, Games, Consoles, MP3-Players and even Radios!

ISN'T THAT ENOUGH FOR THEM? Let's think.... at least 100:1'000'000 are buying stuff of Sony every day!

Don't they have enough?

Or better: They used are subscriptions for Free Realms, too. AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO SHUT DOWN A GAME, DID THEY?

I know this may be insulting, but I only tell the truth!

And there you have it!

I loved the Trilogy, and still do! But soon it will be over. NOBODY WILL EVER, EVER MAKE ME HAPPY IF MxO SHUTS DOWN COMPLETELY!

Listen to me Sony:

I'm sorry about this, I really like the station launcher-idea! But: Shut down a game in a beta? That's just not what a beta is about!

And: DELETE MY ACCOUNT IF YOU WANT TO! I DO IT FOR THE REVIVAL OF THE MATRIX ONLINE!

I'm like a barrier with other friends I know, we make a big wall!

PixD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
MasterCosmo

SOE Community Council
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 55
Default

PixDix wrote:

To be honest, I never liked Sony.

And just to make thinks abit more exciting, I have something to say:

Isn't Sony (with all there names) RICH ENOUGH? They make TV's, Games, Consoles, MP3-Players and even Radios!

ISN'T THAT ENOUGH FOR THEM? Let's think.... at least 100:1'000'000 are buying stuff of Sony every day!

Don't they have enough?

Or better: They used are subscriptions for Free Realms, too. AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO SHUT DOWN A GAME, DID THEY?

I know this may be insulting, but I only tell the truth!

And there you have it!

I loved the Trilogy, and still do! But soon it will be over. NOBODY WILL EVER, EVER MAKE ME HAPPY IF MxO SHUTS DOWN COMPLETELY!

Listen to me Sony:

I'm sorry about this, I really like the station launcher-idea! But: Shut down a game in a beta? That's just not what a beta is about!

And: DELETE MY ACCOUNT IF YOU WANT TO! I DO IT FOR THE REVIVAL OF THE MATRIX ONLINE!

I'm like a barrier with other friends I know, we make a big wall!

Sony, like many other companies lost a ton of money. SOE might be doing okay, but Sony Pictures, SCEA, etc lost a ton and had a large layoff route a few months ago. Running a game has huge overhead. The decision to drop MxO was based on a lot of factors. Will we ever know all the factors? no, but I feel that due to a lack of population upon many issues that were taken at launch doomed MxO.

MasterCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #7
Hyperviolent

The Quiet Type
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4
Default

MasterCosmo wrote:

Sony, like many other companies lost a ton of money. SOE might be doing okay, but Sony Pictures, SCEA, etc lost a ton and had a large layoff route a few months ago. Running a game has huge overhead. The decision to drop MxO was based on a lot of factors. Will we ever know all the factors? no, but I feel that due to a lack of population upon many issues that were taken at launch doomed MxO.

Oh, you are right, it has absolutely nothing to do with the total lack of any advertisment efforts by the company. No, not a bit. And yeah, sony folks would simply loose heaploads of money if they did advertise anyway. The game blows, it was flawed from the beginning.

Jeez dude... no mmo has ever been launched without some issues in the beginning. That's why we had a development team, who fixed stuff after they saw it break. No, it didn not live up to expectations, can you show me a single game in this in this industry that did? The thing is, some parents choose to give away their sick child to some special institutions, if they feel they are unable to care for it. Monolith gave it away to Sony. Yes, now the game (child) can potentially have a hampered development process, but it would still be fed and cared for, right?

Wrong.

Sony turned out to be a bad institution, which didn't feed or educate the babies it had received. Slowly the developmental processes crucial to healthy mental and physical growth of the child grinded to a halt. Devs left.

Hyperviolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:31 PM   #8
Interitus

The Quiet Type
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1
Default

PixDix wrote:

-snip-

Seriously, get over yourself. MxO used to have a respectible community and it's degraded into children whining because they don't like what happening. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed MxO, it had it's charms, and I'll miss it. But what, you expect SOE to continue running at a loss in the middle of a huge fincancial crisis? And I love how it's SONY that decided all this. And that SONY is a big faceless corporation thusly has now feelings. Forget that there were people behind the scenes taht did work on the game. But what, are you going to disgrace them and say they don't count. It was likely not an easy decision for anyone. It wasn't something anyone wanted.

So seriously, give up. Stop making MxO look bad and lets go out with a bit of class.

Interitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #9
Villemar_MxO

Happy Camper
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12
Default

Interitus wrote:

PixDix wrote:

-snip-

Seriously, get over yourself. MxO used to have a respectible community and it's degraded into children whining because they don't like what happening. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed MxO, it had it's charms, and I'll miss it. But what, you expect SOE to continue running at a loss in the middle of a huge fincancial crisis? And I love how it's SONY that decided all this. And that SONY is a big faceless corporation thusly has now feelings. Forget that there were people behind the scenes taht did work on the game. But what, are you going to disgrace them and say they don't count. It was likely not an easy decision for anyone. It wasn't something anyone wanted.

So seriously, give up. Stop making MxO look bad and lets go out with a bit of class.

Boo hoo hoo... Poor SOE.   We were unworthy to to have even the meagerest scraps thrown to us by benevolent Daddy SOE.  How can we all atone for being such bad, ungrateful players?? 

MxO is first of a number of titles that will be unceremoniously dumped over the next year or two.  And the way they go about doing it will be worse then actually closing them.

Enjoy your SOE game....Lol!

Villemar_MxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
Croesus

Journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 1984'd
Posts: 32
Default

Interitus wrote:

PixDix wrote:

-snip-

Seriously, get over yourself. MxO used to have a respectible community and it's degraded into children whining because they don't like what happening. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed MxO, it had it's charms, and I'll miss it. But what, you expect SOE to continue running at a loss in the middle of a huge fincancial crisis? And I love how it's SONY that decided all this. And that SONY is a big faceless corporation thusly has now feelings. Forget that there were people behind the scenes taht did work on the game. But what, are you going to disgrace them and say they don't count. It was likely not an easy decision for anyone. It wasn't something anyone wanted.

So seriously, give up. Stop making MxO look bad and lets go out with a bit of class.

Seriously, get a clue. Most people accept that this is happening, what they don't accept is the standard of treatment the game and community over the years. We know the playerbase was shrinking and that MxO was a niche game, but for all of the player loyalty in return we got resources sent elsewhere, with the barest minimum to keep the game going (one dev doing his best to provide content and a few servers and associated costs), a storyline that never got finished and for about 5 months, no development and a wall of silence from SOE and MxO's producer.

Honestly SOE could have closed the game a year ago, properly wrapping up the story at that point and thanking the community for it's support and there wouldn't be as much animosity as there is now. But no, they squeezed as much from the community as they could before throwing us to the curb. Even Walrus admitted he could have done more in communicating with the playerbase during its swansong, even that would have been better than the nothing we had.

So no, we're not going to capitulate, apologise for blaming SOE and start thanking them for 'all' they did. We're not making MxO look bad, SOE already did that, in fact many MMO players from elsewhere didn't even know MxO existed when SOE had it.

Croesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:11 AM   #11
Darkerusaelp

Happy Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Moreno Valley, Ca
Posts: 6
Default

Croesus wrote:

Interitus wrote:

PixDix wrote:

-snip-

Seriously, get over yourself. MxO used to have a respectible community and it's degraded into children whining because they don't like what happening. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed MxO, it had it's charms, and I'll miss it. But what, you expect SOE to continue running at a loss in the middle of a huge fincancial crisis? And I love how it's SONY that decided all this. And that SONY is a big faceless corporation thusly has now feelings. Forget that there were people behind the scenes taht did work on the game. But what, are you going to disgrace them and say they don't count. It was likely not an easy decision for anyone. It wasn't something anyone wanted.

So seriously, give up. Stop making MxO look bad and lets go out with a bit of class.

Seriously, get a clue. Most people accept that this is happening, what they don't accept is the standard of treatment the game and community over the years. We know the playerbase was shrinking and that MxO was a niche game, but for all of the player loyalty in return we got resources sent elsewhere, with the barest minimum to keep the game going (one dev doing his best to provide content and a few servers and associated costs), a storyline that never got finished and for about 5 months, no development and a wall of silence from SOE and MxO's producer.

Honestly SOE could have closed the game a year ago, properly wrapping up the story at that point and thanking the community for it's support and there wouldn't be as much animosity as there is now. But no, they squeezed as much from the community as they could before throwing us to the curb. Even Walrus admitted he could have done more in communicating with the playerbase during its swansong, even that would have been better than the nothing we had.

So no, we're not going to capitulate, apologise for blaming SOE and start thanking them for 'all' they did. We're not making MxO look bad, SOE already did that, in fact many MMO players from elsewhere didn't even know MxO existed when SOE had it.

  If that is true than EQOA is next almost 4 months so far of silence, well that kinda sux but I do understand it is due to the economy and company procedure. No annomosity here however everybody has to die, my mom died last month (june 9th while I was at my house playing EQOA and eating panda express with my wife) and I too will die one day. And during  the recent economic crunch so too will some of our most beloved online games. The only thing that sux is not hearing about it but whatever even though I stopped playing EQOA I have kept my account active in hopes of averting the death of EQOA.

Darkerusaelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:09 AM   #12
NightTrace

The Quiet Type
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: HvCft Transom
Posts: 8
Default

hahaha wow.

In hindsight this entire section is friggen epic.

NightTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #13
chma

Newbie
chma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 3
Default

Villemar is right about games being shut down. the new star wars game is coming out so you can kiss bye bye to SWG the new everquest game is coming bye bye EQ1 rumors of a new vanguard game coming so bye bye vanguard 1 SOE have dont jack for us MxO players, no advertising, no expansion, no events sheesh MxO is being widely reguarded as a game that will never be seen again, its unigness of everything about it cannot be replicated anywhere, all the combat types, all the smart interlock, hell all those factions made the ones in WoW look stupid. MxO should be made into Free to play not shutdown F2P is a way a lot of game companys are going as they can at a later stage add in micro transactions for specilist items. i'd come back to MxO if sont did that and at least the community would give then a TINY bit of respect. but as SOE spams tv for the ps3 and free realms and toss money at the PS3 well.lets just say if i typed what i was thinking i would be insta banned
chma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #14
zandolf

Happy Camper
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Default

Note ps2's are still outselling ps3's...

zandolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #15
chma

Newbie
chma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 3
Default

zandolf wrote:

Note ps2's are still outselling ps3's...

you mean Ps2 are outselling the PS3 AND PSP togeather ehehehehe

what does that tell ya about the ps3 lol

an over priced peaice of junk with a blu-ray drive that cannot be used for games lol.

i think it was a pc mag either in the usa or the uk that did a check on 90% of the games and found em ALL to be bog standard duel layer dvd's lol

chma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #16
Fromage

Forum Champion
Fromage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 60
Default

chmarr wrote:

i think it was a pc mag either in the usa or the uk that did a check on 90% of the games and found em ALL to be bog standard duel layer dvd's lol

Wasn't PC Mag. Please post a link before making such claims.

A simple google search shows a very positive rating for the console on dozens of sites. And, even more so for the upcoming PS4.

90% of all statistics are made up spontaneously.

Fromage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:16 AM   #17
Aquil

Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2
Default

The best thing about the PS3 is that it's not region locked. Great news for us import gamers.

Yakuza 3 ftw!

Aquil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:39 AM   #18
Villemar_MxO

Happy Camper
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12
Default

chmarr wrote:

Villemar is right about games being shut down. the new star wars game is coming out so you can kiss bye bye to SWG the new everquest game is coming bye bye EQ1 rumors of a new vanguard game coming so bye bye vanguard 1 SOE have dont jack for us MxO players, no advertising, no expansion, no events sheesh MxO is being widely reguarded as a game that will never be seen again, its unigness of everything about it cannot be replicated anywhere, all the combat types, all the smart interlock, hell all those factions made the ones in WoW look stupid. MxO should be made into Free to play not shutdown F2P is a way a lot of game companys are going as they can at a later stage add in micro transactions for specilist items. i'd come back to MxO if sont did that and at least the community would give then a TINY bit of respect. but as SOE spams tv for the ps3 and free realms and toss money at the PS3 well.lets just say if i typed what i was thinking i would be insta banned

Actually, I think EQOA, Vanguard, Planetside, and SWG will all hit the chopping block; not EQ1 (There already is an EQ2) and there is no new Vanguard forthcoming.  I dunno about PS3 vs. PS2 since I don't play console games.

In regards to F2P I really don't like the TCG system they have, its like playing the lottery for $3 a pop (or however much it is).  I would think that if you pay X you should get Y and thats it).  That being said, call me old fasioned but I prefer a flat fee (monthly or whatever), seems more democratic that way.

Either way I'm pretty much done with SOE so I don't really have a dog in this hunt anymore.

Villemar_MxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #19
chma

Newbie
chma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 3
Default

Villemar_MxO wrote:

chmarr wrote:

Villemar is right about games being shut down. the new star wars game is coming out so you can kiss bye bye to SWG the new everquest game is coming bye bye EQ1 rumors of a new vanguard game coming so bye bye vanguard 1 SOE have dont jack for us MxO players, no advertising, no expansion, no events sheesh MxO is being widely reguarded as a game that will never be seen again, its unigness of everything about it cannot be replicated anywhere, all the combat types, all the smart interlock, hell all those factions made the ones in WoW look stupid. MxO should be made into Free to play not shutdown F2P is a way a lot of game companys are going as they can at a later stage add in micro transactions for specilist items. i'd come back to MxO if sont did that and at least the community would give then a TINY bit of respect. but as SOE spams tv for the ps3 and free realms and toss money at the PS3 well.lets just say if i typed what i was thinking i would be insta banned

Actually, I think EQOA, Vanguard, Planetside, and SWG will all hit the chopping block; not EQ1 (There already is an EQ2) and there is no new Vanguard forthcoming.  I dunno about PS3 vs. PS2 since I don't play console games.

In regards to F2P I really don't like the TCG system they have, its like playing the lottery for $3 a pop (or however much it is).  I would think that if you pay X you should get Y and thats it).  That being said, call me old fasioned but I prefer a flat fee (monthly or whatever), seems more democratic that way.

Either way I'm pretty much done with SOE so I don't really have a dog in this hunt anymore.

/daps vill

well i was close SMILEY

chma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #20
Cinoval

The Quiet Type
Cinoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
Default

What if they add in an MxO TCG that allows in game items as loot cards much lkike SWG? I think many of these SWG items are great, and in my opinion not game breaking. Yes the crafters there could have used these new items as craftables, but they didnt. 

Imagine getting a pack of cards and you get a new ability buff balanced with the combat system, or special gear thats on par with in game stuff just new skins. This would bring in some cash to the game much like SWG. And might even get some people to try the game based on seeing the TCG. 

I did not MxO to close, I beta tested that game since mid04. I enjoyed it even if I played solo and lost a lot of my friends over the years. I even took breaks, but always stayed subscribed so I could jack back in anytime.

I would love to hear SOE does have a plan, but I don't see that ever happening.

Cinoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.