EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
deathpu

She keeps on bugging me to find some information about, as I had made my proposal to her in-game.

I promised I would make an inquiry about it, she's an ASM (assistant Manager) at a Gamestop, and said they they could probably have coverage added to the Gamestop TV channel (It's the video that loops at every Gamestop).

I'm fufilling my promise to her by asking about it, and saving my pennies for the hotel/reservation/plane ticket from NJ (most expensive part)

I wonder if that falls under the "it's already been done, not cool anymore" factor.

deathpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:03 AM   #2
Kela

Master

I would recomend PMing Ashlanne or one of the other SR community managers about it... you may want to start with your game's specific Community Manager though.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
MasterCosmo

SOE Community Council

Yes tell Ashlanne, I'm sure something could be whipped up. When everyone found out I was getting married last year, a bunch of people from SWG said they'd be there in Storm Trooper suits...

MasterCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
deathpu

MasterCosmo wrote:

Yes tell Ashlanne, I'm sure something could be whipped up. When everyone found out I was getting married last year, a bunch of people from SWG said they'd be there in Storm Trooper suits...

Thanks, while we're both EQ2 players, holy crap stormtroopers would be amazing.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
HeiligHangranate

Happy Camper

deathpump wrote:

Now that would be cool.  Instead of a shotgun wedding, have a blaster or lightsaber wedding.

HeiligHangranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #6
MasterCosmo

SOE Community Council

deathpump wrote:

MasterCosmo wrote:

I think they did something last year, or maybe the year before that for a wedding. I believe it was an EQ wedding but I'm guessing. you never know SMILEY

MasterCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
Calthine

SOE Community Council

It was EQ2.  The first ever simutaneous in-game and RL wedding, as far as I know.  With Antonica and Firona and Darth Vader and Storm Troopers and Momochi and I crying all over each other!!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
deathpu

We're both saving up our pennies and put in vacation time.  Going to try to take a tran or a bus from Jersey, so we're both taken a week off of work because we know how long that trip would take.

Going to have to make calls to greyhound and amtrak to find out the best times/prices for that would be.

Hoping to at least make it there wedding or not!

Old 03-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #9
Beadil

Journeyman

See the Fan Faire 2007 wedding HERE

Is it June yet??

Beadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #10
Ashlanne

Project Manager

I will see what I can find out SMILEY

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
Biliob

The Quiet Type

Hey check out Travelocity.com my girlfriend and i booked our flight/hotel for the 24th to the 30th, it was cheeper by ALOT then doing just the weekend. we paid a little under 1,000$ for the flight and hotel and shuttle service from the airport to the hotel (Ballys the host hotel). Were in Jersey as well, and leaveing from Newark. Just thought i would pass on the info to fellow players. SMILEY To us it was deal that couldnt be passed up. Hope to see ya there.

Biliob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
Isror

The Quiet Type

Biliob wrote:

Hey check out Travelocity.com my girlfriend and i booked our flight/hotel for the 24th to the 30th, it was cheeper by ALOT then doing just the weekend. we paid a little under 1,000$ for the flight and hotel and shuttle service from the airport to the hotel (Ballys the host hotel). Were in Jersey as well, and leaveing from Newark. Just thought i would pass on the info to fellow players. To us it was deal that couldnt be passed up. Hope to see ya there.

I booked all of my travel separate and I saved a lot. I'm coming in on Southwest around 6pm on Thurs and staying at Bally's with the g/f.

Isror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #13
Kela

Master

Biliob wrote:

Hey check out Travelocity.com my girlfriend and i booked our flight/hotel for the 24th to the 30th, it was cheeper by ALOT then doing just the weekend. we paid a little under 1,000$ for the flight and hotel and shuttle service from the airport to the hotel (Ballys the host hotel). Were in Jersey as well, and leaveing from Newark. Just thought i would pass on the info to fellow players. To us it was deal that couldnt be passed up. Hope to see ya there.

I saw some a few weeks ago from Orbitz that where around 850 I think for 2 people comming from Newark... I would recomend checking not just Travelocity, and Orbitz though but also checking Vegas.com(the cities own travel site) it was about 30$ cheaper then the trip I already booked with Orbitz.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #14
Kela

Master

Biliob wrote:

I saw some a few weeks ago from Orbitz that where around 850 I think for 2 people comming from Newark... I would recomend checking not just Travelocity, and Orbitz though but also checking Vegas.com(the cities own travel site) it was about 30$ cheaper then the trip I already booked with Orbitz.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:56 AM   #15
CTBST

Happy Camper

don't do it

I am scared my girlfriend is going to want to do a Vegas wedding /shiver

CTBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
deathpu

CTBST wrote:

don't do it

I am scared my girlfriend is going to want to do a Vegas wedding /shiver

The way we see it, this would be an EVERQUEST wedding!!!

I mean, all the other SOE games are cool too (planetside the best) but we play EQ2 together and have for awhile now....and will continue to.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #17
FullEcli

Good Luck with that.  SMILEY   My fiance and i are actually planning on getting married the day before fan faire while we are out in Vegas.

FullEcli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #18
Ashlanne

Project Manager

Removed several posts from this thread.  These forums are not the place to come and ruin someone's happy moments.  Like planning their wedding.

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote