EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
Praha_Lyr

Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7
Default

I'm hoping if there is a poster, it's better than last years.  The targetting acklay was a nice bonus, as was the free TCG starter deck.  Any ideas/suggestions for this years in-game item?

Praha_Lyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
MasterCosmo

SOE Community Council
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 55
Default

If I had to guess it would be TCG related... some new loot card like the Acklay. But it's hard to say. I'd like an Attack Dummy so I can test my defense. Someone mentioned on the SWG boards to add a Remote Droid to attack you

MasterCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
Matt_NZ

Board Veteran
Matt_NZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Zealand (and Chilastra)
Posts: 61
Default

MasterCosmo wrote:

If I had to guess it would be TCG related... some new loot card like the Acklay. But it's hard to say. I'd like an Attack Dummy so I can test my defense. Someone mentioned on the SWG boards to add a Remote Droid to attack you

If it's like last year, we'll get one for the TCG and one for the main game (a painting of some sort).

Matt_NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
MasterCosmo

SOE Community Council
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 55
Default

Matt_NZ wrote:

MasterCosmo wrote:

If I had to guess it would be TCG related... some new loot card like the Acklay. But it's hard to say. I'd like an Attack Dummy so I can test my defense. Someone mentioned on the SWG boards to add a Remote Droid to attack you

If it's like last year, we'll get one for the TCG and one for the main game (a painting of some sort).

I wouldn't mind a Choose a Loot card SMILEY Paintings are always good too.

MasterCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
Sassums

Lord of the Forums
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 79
Default

I bet it will be no trade though!  LOL

It will probably be a decoration though.

Sassums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #6
Krayus

Senior Member
Krayus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1
Default

Sassums wrote:

I bet it will be no trade though!  LOL

It will probably be a decoration though.

Stop the QQ about No-Trade. Just cause you don't want it and want to sell it doesn't mean it needs to have the tag removed SMILEY

Krayus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
Coh

Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4
Default

Krayus wrote:

Sassums wrote:

I bet it will be no trade though!  LOL

It will probably be a decoration though.

Stop the QQ about No-Trade. Just cause you don't want it and want to sell it doesn't mean it needs to have the tag removed

No trade removal isn't simply about selling.

No trade removal is about being able to place a greeter in a house owned by your alt.  It is about sharing items with your alts, guild halls, malls, etc.

Coh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
Tra

Newbie
Tra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3
Default

It will prolly be another NO TRADE painting.

Tra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #9
PodRacyStacey

The Quiet Type
PodRacyStacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Star Wars Galaxies
Posts: 10
Default

I would hope that it would be Star Wars Iconic. 

- The Bespin Cloud Car  ( Have it work like a Jet pack, where it travels above the ground)

- The Sail Barge (ala Jaba's Sail Barge)

- The Training Remote from Eps 4.  (The sphear that Luke used to train with on Solos ship)

- Lukes T-16 Skyhopper

-RIC-920  (rickshaw droid)

I don't have one, but for the people who have toons with robotic arms, it would be cool to get them gold plated upgraded arms or hands.

If we can get another Painting, I would like the Endor scene with Luke and Leia embacing in the trees with all the ewoks celebrating.

-Eldarwen

Jedi

PodRacyStacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #10
mrmcb

Newbie
mrmcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Default

Can anyone answer a question for me? If I can't make it to Vegas but am willing to participate in events and pay the day admission for Fan Faire, will I get the in-game items or forum title? Or is there anyway to get those without actually going to Fan Faire? I mean especially if they make it no-trade I would like the chance to get an IG item even if I have to pay.

mrmcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #11
Pyros7

Journeyman
Pyros7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CNY, USA
Posts: 1
Default

Classically the gifts from fanfaire have always been no trade, as its a perk for having gone there.

However it was mentioned last year that attendance was not actually required to get the in-game rewards, as it was based on your account, or something to that effect.  I'd get a redname post on the SWG boards to confirm this tho.

Pyros7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #12
Praha_Lyr

Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7
Default

mrmcbig wrote:

Can anyone answer a question for me? If I can't make it to Vegas but am willing to participate in events and pay the day admission for Fan Faire, will I get the in-game items or forum title? Or is there anyway to get those without actually going to Fan Faire? I mean especially if they make it no-trade I would like the chance to get an IG item even if I have to pay.

The Forum title from last year's Fan Faire was based on your participation in the Live Event.  The in-game item was granted  to all who paid for one day or more of admission regardless if they attended.  I got the impression that was the first time they had done that.  I assume attendence marks were lower than expected at the time they granted this option.  I would look for confirmation this year before purchasing if you know you will not be there.  All Galactic Gathering and Fan Faire items to my knowledge have been "No Trade".  I can't think of one that wasn't.  The in-game item is linked to your acct and will be claimed via the /claim command one to two weeks after the event.  I was able to get the Targetting Acklay & Poster on the character I attended Fan Faire on, my second character on the same server/account also got one.  Another characer on a different server also got both in-game items.

I hope that helps clear up some of your concerns.

Praha

Praha_Lyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:33 PM   #13
balzaktal

Newbie
balzaktal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6
Default

Dianoga Dumpster (according to podcast 62)

balzaktal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:48 AM   #14
Praha_Lyr

Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7
Default

Thanks for the info.  I just listened to the podcast and can confirm the gift.  They also mentioned that a feature would be forthcoming with links to pictures of the in-game items.

Praha_Lyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.