EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-20-2009, 04:04 AM   #1
etha

Last year Fan Faire attendees got a beta key to Free Realms. This year it doesn't appear that Free Realms is even being invited to the party. What's up with that? No Free Realms topics? No expansion info? Nothing.

I think leaving out Free Realms players is going to be a big mistake. Sure the game is targetted to "tweens" but I am finding few "tweens" and more adults that have taken a liking to this game.

Are Free Realms players invited or are they Persona Non Grata?

etha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:28 AM   #2
Kela

Master

ethane wrote:

Last year Fan Faire attendees got a beta key to Free Realms. This year it doesn't appear that Free Realms is even being invited to the party. What's up with that? No Free Realms topics? No expansion info? Nothing.

I think leaving out Free Realms players is going to be a big mistake. Sure the game is targetted to "tweens" but I am finding few "tweens" and more adults that have taken a liking to this game.

Are Free Realms players invited or are they Persona Non Grata?

NONE of the panels are posted yet, the only things posted are the events that happen every year at the same time or special one time events do to the Anivercery of a game. It is far easier to anounce those early because they can do that at the beging befor they accually do any planing for the event. On the other hand you really can't anounce what panels are when until you more or less are done figuring out the Who/What/where and why of the panel as its name will give away what is going on durring it.

Also if you notice there is NO info on the Two games still in development by SoE, DCUO and Agency again because that falls under the panels catigory.

As far as having no specific live quest or party for FreeRealms, like SWG/EQ/EQ2/VG have well that is something the community managment team for the game puts together, and being that they just launched, I doupt they have had time to arrange anything like that.

::EDIT::Wait until the panels are posted and then you can start worrying about there not being enough FR stuff... though again being that they just launched I seriously doupt they will have very much, "New and exciting" to talk about right now.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
etha

I would tend to agree, and perhaps this is an oversight, looking at the Fan Faire homepage (Featured Games Section)and the list of games represented, Free Realms is conspicuously absent.

Seems odd to leave out a game that got 1,000,000 registered users in about 2 weeks... We shall see...  

etha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:01 AM   #4
Croesus

Journeyman

While SOE is very good at ignoring whole communities, I very much doubt they'd ignore their latest release, after all they're still plugging it everywhere they can.

Croesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Kela

Master

ethane wrote:

I would tend to agree, and perhaps this is an oversight, looking at the Fan Faire homepage (Featured Games Section)and the list of games represented, Free Realms is conspicuously absent.

Seems odd to leave out a game that got 1,000,000 registered users in about 2 weeks... We shall see...  

That page was posted befor FR even went into Beta. My thinking is that at the time they didn't know what state FR would be in, like maybe only launching a week or two befor Fan Faire. If that would have been the case there would have been no way that the devs could have attended let alone done anything for Fan Faire. Besides I think FR is looking for its primary community out reach to be a more regular touring block party style event instead of the one big Fan Faire, though I can't believe that they would not still have a presence thier.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
Venez

When you register you can not even select Free Realms as a game.

Venez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #7
Kela

Master

True but again, the site was launched befor Free Realms went live, so it is entirly possably that it was because they where not sure when it would launch, that it was left off the site. Heck, Matrix is listed on the site and it will be no more about a month after Fan Faire ends.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
MasterCosmo

SOE Community Council

They said Free Realms will be there, it's just not on the site

MasterCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote