EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
Scampy
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

Hey it seems someone may have forgotten to flip the switch back on for the testcopy server to become availible to play on again, its still being conned as offline/down c: greatly aprricaited if it was turned back on SMILEY, thank you

Scampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
bks6721

Loremaster

Is it normal to just shut down a server for several days and SOE not even acknowledge the issue?

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
Scampy

Loremaster

According to another post created by one of the SOE staff members test copy was being brought down for maintanace or a update, but for seven days is abit much is it not, it would be nice to have the test servers back please, thank you c:

Old 08-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #4
Kuulei

Tester

Test is still there, just Test_Copy is "offline" (missing)

I don't even show it locked. All I am able to do is play or create a character on regular test.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #5
Cyrdemac

Loremaster

Having Test_Copy offline that long seems weird to me too.

Since it's the only chance to follow and check recent updates on test. And I am not starting a toon on test, level to 92, and start raiding there to see possible changes/bugs for my live-toon.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

According to another post created by one of the SOE staff members test copy was being brought down for maintanace or a update, but for seven days is abit much is it not, it would be nice to have the test servers back please, thank you c:

It's been 3.5 days not 7.

And to the bks: Yes, it's perfectly normal with test/test_copy.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
bks6721

Loremaster

it's been well over a week now and still no word from SOE if they even plan to put it back up.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:04 AM   #8
Skeez1e

Tester

Why suffer through an cheap imitation when you could have the real thing?  Roll a toon on Test - I am not exagerrating when I say you could level up to 92 in a week.   And, my invitation stands - you need gear or plat, just holler.  Well, plat you don't need on Test but gear, just let me know.

SOE - give these people a reason - offer a 90 or or bust contest with a cool (capital C Cool) prize for anyone that gets to level 90 in something like 2 weeks (so the people who work/school have a chance).

Old 08-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #9
bks6721

Loremaster

I have 3 on Test.  I'd like the vet bonus from the toons that are on test_copy.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #10
Scampy

Loremaster

Does anyone know if the test copy server is back online yet at all or has soe pulled the plug on it compleatly because we were told it was undergoing maitance this maintance has taken pretty darn long and it would be nice to test content. thank you in these reguards

Old 08-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #11
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

They'll bring it back online when it's needed. Though, if there's going to be raid content in September, it really should be back up by now you'd think.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:30 AM   #12
Kuulei

Tester

I was working hard to get my depot stocked on Test_Copy after the wipe and I had one of the few halls with a training dummy and was open to the public. 

Now they more than likely wiped it yet again and are leaving it offline until deemed necessary to fire it up again rather than allow me to enjoy a whole server to myself! 

Old 09-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #13
theriatis

Loremaster

Hm, weird...

one of my copied Characters is stuck in the Battleground Lobby and the other (which i created there) is still playable.

Any hints on how i can get my other Character get out of the BG ? Petition ? Or is everything just down right now ?

Regards, theriatis.

i need a good laugh now and then, too
theriatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #14
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

Tesy_copy is currently being used for the beta server.

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
Silzin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Revelations

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

Will you unlock /Beta Copy from live so we can help test if we want to?

Old 09-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #16
Raienya

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Gninja wrote:

Will you unlock /Beta Copy from live so we can help test if we want to?

Seriously. You have part of Sleeper's Tomb supposedly being released "mid-September", and the new zones in November. This content needs to be tested by players so you can try to release it with as few bugs as possible. This can ONLY happen with adequate testing.

Raienya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #17
Bunji

Build Master

The /beta command should be working now (which queues up your character to be copied).  I believe the copy script for it is running about once every hour.

Bunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #18
Kinya
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Runnyeye Raiding Club

Fansite Staff

Could you (developers) explain how the Beta server will work now?? Before previous expansions account had to be flagged to be abel to log into beta server.

Now after you merged Test_copy and Beta into one server, does it mean anyone can join Beta testing of incoming expansion?

http://babagra.pl - Polish Everquest 2 Fansite

Kinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #19
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Beta has been accessible for a while now. But an official statement about what is on it, whether it's ready for testing, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Beta used to be done under NDA. If EQ2 devs and designers want us to start logging in and testing Sleeper's Tomb, please let us know ASAP. SMILEY

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #20
theriatis

Loremaster

Hi,

/testcopy add

is currently deactivated on my World (Valor). Please reactivate it.

Regards, theriatis.

i need a good laugh now and then, too
theriatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #21
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

theriatis wrote:

Hi,

/testcopy add

is currently deactivated on my World (Valor). Please reactivate it.

Regards, theriatis.

/beta not /testcopy

Old 09-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #22
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

Currently the beta server has the next update on it (Prelude) It has been getting some focused testing in preparation for going live. If you would like to check it out feel free to log in over there copy a character over and check it out. You can find the entrance in the Pit of Awakened in Eastern Wastes. As far as expansion content that content has not been added to the beta server as of yet.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #23
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Gninja wrote:

Currently the beta server has the next update on it (Prelude) It has been getting some focused testing in preparation for going live. If you would like to check it out feel free to log in over there copy a character over and check it out. You can find the entrance in the Pit of Awakened in Eastern Wastes. As far as expansion content that content has not been added to the beta server as of yet.

Am I reading that right?  The prelude to the next content is in Dov? Or is the next update called Prelude?

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:36 AM   #24
Kinya
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Runnyeye Raiding Club

Fansite Staff

Gninja wrote:

As far as expansion content that content has not been added to the beta server as of yet.

Gninja, could you please explain us how Beta server will work when expansion zones/ quests will be added? Will everyone be able to test new content or only flagged accounts?

I am pretty sure you had to talk about it when you (eq2 team) decided to merge Test_Copy and Beta servers. So a little bit explanation would be nice about what exactly can we expect later on. Pretty please SMILEY

http://babagra.pl - Polish Everquest 2 Fansite

Kinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #25
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

How do we sign up and gain access to beta to test the new goodies? I've not seen anything at all pop up announcing such.

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #26
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

Gninja wrote:

How do we sign up and gain access to beta to test the new goodies? I've not seen anything at all pop up announcing such.

On the launchpad, change version to Beta and it'll patch. Just like switching from live to Test, you can switch to Beta.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #27
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

[email protected] wrote:

Gninja wrote:

As far as expansion content that content has not been added to the beta server as of yet.

Gninja, could you please explain us how Beta server will work when expansion zones/ quests will be added? Will everyone be able to test new content or only flagged accounts?

I am pretty sure you had to talk about it when you (eq2 team) decided to merge Test_Copy and Beta servers. So a little bit explanation would be nice about what exactly can we expect later on. Pretty please

I'm sure there will be an announcement when the expansion is ready to be tested with exactly how we plan to make it work. As of right now I don't have those details sorry!

Old 09-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #28
ryno

Loremaster

After patching the Beta version of game at launchpad and requesting a /beta in game, i still cannot seem to log into the beta server.  Client crashes every time i try to launch.  The US english version is working fine.  Anyone lmow what the issue may be?  THanks.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #29
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

ryno wrote:

After patching the Beta version of game at launchpad and requesting a /beta in game, i still cannot seem to log into the beta server.  Client crashes every time i try to launch.  The US english version is working fine.  Anyone lmow what the issue may be?  THanks.

If it is crashing exactly when it is supposed to show the first splash screen and start playing music, the fix usually is to reinstall Direct-X 9.0c

Old 09-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #30
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Hordolin Awanagin wrote:

ryno wrote:

If it is crashing exactly when it is supposed to show the first splash screen and start playing music, the fix usually is to reinstall Direct-X 9.0c

Copy D3DCompiler_43.dll and D3DX9_43.dll from your EQ2 live folder to the Beta folder.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote