EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Beastlord
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Griffinhart

Loremaster

Ok, I have a question about Grandmaster Warders.  I read on EQ2Wire that once you get a pet to grandmaster that you get a new primal ability that you can use on all of your warders.  Today I leveled my first one to Grandmaster, but I didn't get the primal that is associated with the warder.

Any ideas?  This was leveled with affinity and not with the quest, which I don't have access to until they fix it for goodies.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
Ravensbelly

Loremaster

have to go further then grand master, the bar has to be totally full and the name will change in it from grand master to the name of the ability you gain

Ravensbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
Griffinhart

Loremaster

Ok, thanks.  I'll work on him a bit more.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:37 AM   #4
millie

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

have to go further then grand master, the bar has to be totally full and the name will change in it from grand master to the name of the ability you gain

Yep I would call it an interface bug.  What it says on the bar is what you are working towards not what you have.  At the top it tells you the current 'level' but instead of saying Apprentice, Journeyman etc it has level 1 to 6.  Looks like someone changed their mind half way through development or a set of strings got missed.

millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:06 AM   #5
Calabeth

Loremaster

Actually tat info is incorrect. Still a UI issue, but when you see the rank says Grandmaster, look at your pets skills. They will also be grandmaster. Now this will also mean you are at lvl 5 with the pet. You must max the pet out to lvl 6 in order to get the additional attack.

So yes overall the Pet Rank UI is mind of misleading, but the rank is correct as to what you pet currently is. Just that LVL 5 = GM lvl 6 = New Spiritual/Feral skill useable by all pets.

Calabeth is offline   Reply With Quote