EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #31
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

Terrogaunt wrote:

I just asked about this and it sounds like you can shrink the window back down manually after disabling SOEmote. Have you already tried that?

I ran to disable the SoEmote and my group window for the default UI refuses to shrink.  I've unlocked it, moved it, turned on and off the SoEmote .. and still is huge.

It stinks.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #32
Yimway

Loremaster

Terrogaunt wrote:

I just asked about this and it sounds like you can shrink the window back down manually after disabling SOEmote. Have you already tried that?

Yes, I tried this about .25s after SoEmote went live.

The window's minimum size with SoEmote on or off is now 250% the size it was before this went live.

Its still the exact same way today after todays update as well.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #33
KNINE

Loremaster

Terrogaunt wrote:

It looks like this bug was introduced in a change that didn't have anything to do with combat, so I'd guess it's pretty easy for it to go unnoticed when you're not actually fighting things.

Anyway, the dynamic data for the debuffs and click to cure as well as the pet data section should be functioning correctly again. If anyone see's any further weird-ness about it, be sure to get back to me and I'll be happy to look into it.

you didn't need combat to see this.. you needed to put yourself in a group.. since u added soemote to the group window... makes since??...enjoyed this game throughly but the end is coming near

KNINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #34
Jrral

Loremaster

Terrogaunt wrote:

OK, just checked. The group window can be resized. The group member elements, however, do not change size to match. They're slightly smaller with the SOEmote portraits turned off, but they still occupy about twice as much space vertically as they did before. Right now with SOEmote turned off about 50% of the default group window's blank space.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:55 AM   #35
Oxie

Loremaster

I've said this ever since soEmote was mentioned:Those of us who are currently playing EQ2 are just doing beta testing of soEmote for EQnext. Every bug we find between now and the launch of EQnext will just keep messing up EQ2 over and over.

Oxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #36
Yimway

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Terrogaunt wrote:

OK, just checked. The group window can be resized. The group member elements, however, do not change size to match. They're slightly smaller with the SOEmote portraits turned off, but they still occupy about twice as much space vertically as they did before. Right now with SOEmote turned off about 50% of the default group window's blank space.

Jrral,  Are you able to resize the vertical height of the window when alligned horizontally to just the size of the group elements minus the animated faces?  Even disabling soemote and disabling those charactitures, the window will not shrink vertically to the pre-soemote minimums, or the minimums that represent the active groupwindow members with all the other stuff disabled.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #37
Jrral

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Jrral,  Are you able to resize the vertical height of the window when alligned horizontally to just the size of the group elements minus the animated faces?

Yes, I could. But at least on the vertical arrangement that just cuts off all but the first group member. As I resize the window down, group members 2 and up stay where they were and the blank space between them doesn't shrink or go away. And a group window that's cutting off half the group members? Not really useful in my book. They need to add code to the window so that when the portraits are turned off the "GroupMemberN" elements get their size adjusted back to the original 40-some-pixel height instead of the new 96-pixel height.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #38
Bronadui

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The window's minimum size with SoEmote on or off is now 250% the size it was before this went live.

LOL

Just throwing in that if people want a default 'looking' UI with super functionality, I have been using Darq UI by Darqwood at EQ2Interface and can't recommend it highly enough.

Bronadui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #39
KindredHeart

Loremaster

Terrogaunt wrote:

As others have stated, this does not work in default UI.  I just tried it - with SOEmote disabled, still unable to shrink the group window back to normal size.  Just to make sure this is clear ... the ability to vertically reduce the height of the window is the issue.

Guild Leader - Devil's Rejects (Guk Server)

http://gukrejects.guildportal.com

KindredHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #40
Zylara

Loremaster

Grp window still broken can we PLZ get this fixed, I didnt even realise wat had happened till i was in rad and trying to work out why my attacks werent going off, then i hit f10 to see where al the window items were and yup sure enough grp window was now over lapping my attack bar , checked the soemote to make sure was turned off yup it was, so then tried to resize window back down and nope it just keeps the space for the portraits even though i dont want them.

FIX THIS PLZ I have everything where I like it, have had it like that for yrs now and I'm not gonna move stuff and have to relearn where everything is. Funny thing is on my other toons its not showing the portrait area , they're all the right size but even when i have tried to load the ui from another toon thats mnot messed up its not fixing the problem.

Zylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #41
Yimway

Loremaster

Zylara wrote:

Grp window still broken can we PLZ get this fixed, I didnt even realise wat had happened till i was in rad and trying to work out why my attacks werent going off, then i hit f10 to see where al the window items were and yup sure enough grp window was now over lapping my attack bar , checked the soemote to make sure was turned off yup it was, so then tried to resize window back down and nope it just keeps the space for the portraits even though i dont want them.

FIX THIS PLZ I have everything where I like it, have had it like that for yrs now and I'm not gonna move stuff and have to relearn where everything is. Funny thing is on my other toons its not showing the portrait area , they're all the right size but even when i have tried to load the ui from another toon thats mnot messed up its not fixing the problem.

It appears they've lost interest in fixing this problem.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #42
Ahlana

Loremaster

Zylara wrote:

If you use at least like EQ2Maps (like I do) as your only mod.. then you can simply drop the Old Group Member window into the EQ2Maps folder and fix this issue (which is what I did).

If you use no custom UIs at all not even EQ2Maps.. then I have nothing (and it looks like neither does SOE).

Old 08-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #43
Zylara

Loremaster

Yeah i'm just using the default ui but yes I do use eq2maps, so how would i go about doing this grp window thing lol i hate messing around with anything as I'm always afraid to break it but since soe already broke it lol cant do much worse i guess (knowing my luck yes it can hehe)

Zylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #44
Ahlana

Loremaster

Zylara wrote:

Yeah i'm just using the default ui but yes I do use eq2maps, so how would i go about doing this grp window thing lol i hate messing around with anything as I'm always afraid to break it but since soe already broke it lol cant do much worse i guess (knowing my luck yes it can hehe)

Well by now someone has surely uploaded the old group member window to eq2interface.com

All you need is an old copy of said group window and move it to your EQ2folder.. nothing else to change. I had two installs of eq2 one on my comp and one on my wife's. She hadn't patched yet so I was able to grab it easily.

However, if it is not on eq2interface.. I will upload it later and PM you the link to said file.