Meric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
Mirs

If it is Vegas again I am there.... Maybe because I live here SMILEY

Mirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:06 AM   #3
soehatesshaman

The Quiet Type

I would love to see something on the east coast..OR midwest...Chicago would be a great spot..Its been a long time since we gathered in Chicago...Lets make west coast players travel for once...Let them pay to fly like so many of us do..I bet soe would be surprised...Lots to do in Chicago...try it and see!!

soehatesshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
tiaauriga

The Quiet Type

Vegas has my vote!  Cheap (comparatively) and accessible!

tiaauriga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
NeillM

Supreme Commander

Maybe make it a month later too.

NeillM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
tevi

I would also love *advanced* notification of 2010 Fan Faire, being that my hubby needs to put in all his vacatin time for the whole year before Jan, 2010, so I need to know in advanced so we can plan his vacation time, or plan around it.

If someone from SoE could get in contact with me, I would appreciate it.  Thank you.

tevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #7
1badbear

The Quiet Type

Mirsad wrote:

If it is Vegas again I am there.... Maybe because I live here

I vote for the same reason

1badbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:17 AM   #8
Shailas

Happy Camper

I vote Vegas as well....  SMILEY

Shailas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #9
Fromage

Forum Champion

My vote is for Vegas too.

While I live on the east coast, as convenient as it would be, I don't see it as a very economical solution for SOE. The cost for hotels, convention resources, etc. are far more expensive than Vegas. Thus the reason Vegas is the #1 place in the country for large conventions to be held.

I'm sure we'd all like to see Fan Faire held in our own back yards.. just plan ahead. You don't have to know ahead of time where or when.. but start saving money for it. The notice they gave this year was plenty of time to book cheap airfaire. And, most employers don't allow employees to book time off for vacation until January anyways.

Fromage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #10
1badbear

The Quiet Type

hey your pretty smart for a rat 

1badbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #11
Beadil

Journeyman

VEGAS BABY!

The notice was decent this year.  I got my vacation, flight, room at Ballys, etc. done in plenty of time and early enough for the cheap flights.  Yes, I know it may not have been soon enough for lots of people but seemed early enough for flights and hotels.  Unfortunate about some peoples vacation schedules.

Beadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:39 AM   #12
CTBST

Happy Camper

I would vote for Vegas!

CTBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #13
Biliob

The Quiet Type

VEGAS BABY!!! VEGAS!!!!

My girlfriend and I are in Jersey, and we both vote Vegas..

Biliob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #14
Kela

Master

soehatesshaman wrote:

I would love to see something on the east coast..OR midwest...Chicago would be a great spot..Its been a long time since we gathered in Chicago...Lets make west coast players travel for once...Let them pay to fly like so many of us do..I bet soe would be surprised...Lots to do in Chicago...try it and see!!

You are aware that Las Vegas is NOT on the West Coast, and the closest City is over 5hrs across a Desert and Mountains from it.

As for cost... maybe your flight will cost SLIGHTLY more, though likly as not it won't, cause even if it is in a "East Coast" city, there is a good chance it won't be in driving range, but your hotel stay will cost a GREAT DEAL more, and that is a per Night cost.

The cost for SoE will also go up, not just in transport, but also because while there is compition in Vegas for conventions the size of Fan Faire, in most cities the have a Hotel/Convention Center capable of hosting the event, that hotel is the only game in town...as such the prices are higher.

Also Vegas does not require a Rental Car(anouther savings) most East Coast cities do, unless you want to get stuck in a Hotel who's only entertainment outside of Fan Faire is a Pool that closes at 10pm, and the ONE resturant it has.

The few East Coast Cities that don't require a car, are also the most expencive cities in the country to fly to, stay in, and get entertainment from.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #15
K_Triol

The Quiet Type

NeillM wrote:

Maybe make it a month later too.

I agree with this!  Though, I don't particularly care for Vegas it's at least an 'easy' drive up.  And, if the next years FF is after June, we won't have to drive through the Hoover Dam, which did add an Hour to our trip due to the congestion!

Next time, I'm packing Milk & Cereal and some nuke-a-meals and a mini-Microwave! The hubby & I existed off of Sbarro's pizza for the most part 'cause we didn't have much time to scope out any good places to eat.   *cringe*.

Though, equally, I'd vote for anyplace that was Cool!  ..

-----

And, for frak's sake .. Get some decent Lewt in the Lewt Store!   I spent $300 in Disney World on PINS!  I'm a Pin-a-holic!  Not to mention anything Shiny!  .. But, SOE only got @ $20.00 worth of pins out of me 'cause half of them were lame do-it-yourself ones and the other half was more "eq live" than EQ2.   If I had been in-charge of the merchandise for the Lewt store .. I'd have a whole range of pins up for sale that expressed everything there was to express about all SOE's games.   ie:  deity, city, race, game, server, year you started playing, your favorite Npc/ dungeon, etc .. for every single SOE game.  Small cute items sell faster than Bigger bulky ones ... 

No decent Shirts, either.   All I saw were previous years FF 'goodie-bag' shirts (i'm guessing) that were up for sale for $20.   The Green Screen Pictures were cool .. We missed out doing ours, so hopefully, they come back next time. 

The hubby in specific was really sad to find that there was NO SWG stuff.   I realize some stuff would need approval from LucasArts but they at least know how to work Marketing .. they'd probably agree as long as they got a cut. 

K_Triol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #16
Fromage

Forum Champion

K_Triol wrote:

The hubby in specific was really sad to find that there was NO SWG stuff.   I realize some stuff would need approval from LucasArts but they at least know how to work Marketing .. they'd probably agree as long as they got a cut. 

First of all.. you avoided me the WHOLE time! *pouts* I even posted a "Where are you, Kaisha!!!" note on the bulliten board. SMILEY

But, more SWG stuff would have been really nice. I bid on the Biggs doll during the silent auction, but forgot to raise my bid until it was too late. So, I went home with no SWG swag. *cries*

Old 07-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #17
K_Triol

The Quiet Type

Fromage wrote:

K_Triol wrote:

First of all.. you avoided me the WHOLE time! *pouts* I even posted a "Where are you, Kaisha!!!" note on the bulliten board.

But, more SWG stuff would have been really nice. I bid on the Biggs doll during the silent auction, but forgot to raise my bid until it was too late. So, I went home with no SWG swag. *cries*

oh .. I'm sorry, I didn't know.   I mean I knew you were going to be there and I was excited to meet as many people from the Forums as I could but there were sooo many people there!  Niami dragged me around to meet anyone she spotted that she thought I'd like to meet .. was kinda interesting being towed around by a halfling, ya know ..

I did go check the message board 1x and was going to leave a message for an old friend  (*waves* to Canthovel) but got distracted and then never got back over there!  

Personally, I think Fan Faire needs to be extended another day.  'Cause whew! there is just so much to do and soo many people to talk to that it seems impossible to do it all in 2 & 1/2 days!  I don't know how the Devs & an other SOE employees do it .. they stayed up all night and still got up at the crack of dawn to do it all over again!  I could barely wake myself up at 11am.  

K_Triol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #18
Kela

Master

I totally agree Fan Faire needs another full day, especally when The Agency and DCUO go live. There is just too much to do at fan faire as it is.

As far as the Loot Store goes, it accually was better then it was in the past, but it is still not good, what they really need to do is get some things like more pins, say Naggy figurine, maybe even a RL version of the Fionna Vie Statue EQ2 players are getting, they could even sell those items via SC after Fan Faire. Just use Fan Faire to introduce thoughs items, like they did with the Art Work, only have the Fan Faire items be slightly differant to make them FF Exclusives.

As far as SWG goes, couldn't they atleast of had pins with the server names on it, using the SWG logo, but with the server name in the space where the words Star Wars Galixies usually is.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:14 AM   #19
Crabbok

Board Veteran

Have it in Orlando, then you can all stay at my house.  It'll be fun we can stay up late and have a slumber party!

Crabbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:50 AM   #20
Kela

Master

Crabbok wrote:

Have it in Orlando, then you can all stay at my house.  It'll be fun we can stay up late and have a slumber party!

If your inishals are WD or MM I'll stay with you, otherwise I think I'll get my own room. SMILEY

Old 07-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #21
Nefariaa

The Quiet Type

Crabbok wrote:

Orlando would be awesome, but wouldn't we keep the baby awake with all of our jabbering and painting each other's toenails at the slumber party?

Nefariaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #22
Lyg

i say vegas again, so it will be local and easier for me to set up for my perfect proposal in my 150lb suit of armor.

Lyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #23
Lyg

ok, so its more like 75 instead of 150

i just have a hard time picturing how it will go at the airport hauling that thing around.

Lyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #24
tiaauriga

The Quiet Type

from experience, i can say it's always easier to *wear* armor than it is to carry it. getting through airport security on the other hand...  

tiaauriga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #25
Gavin_Steelhea

I vote Orlando.

Gavin_Steelhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #26
Nanarie

The Quiet Type

This was pretty much my first trip away from home and I loved Vegas. I wouldn't object to going back. I'd like a bit more notice so I know what to plan ahead of time though. We have to put in for vacation at work very early as we've got 15 other people who need to get in thier 2+ weeks a year too.

I also wouldn't object to an extra day for Fan Faire. There was just so much to do and people to see that I lost track of a few. The best part of the whole thing for me was meeting everyone and if you're going to give me an extra day to hang out with them, you know I'm all over that!

Nanarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #27
Sutures_Woundmender

Haiku Master

Nanarie wrote:

I also wouldn't object to an extra day for Fan Faire. There was just so much to do and people to see that I lost track of a few. The best part of the whole thing for me was meeting everyone and if you're going to give me an extra day to hang out with them, you know I'm all over that!

I'm going to agree with the extra day. With all the panels and events, I managed to never see two of my guildies that were there! It could also benefit the masses (SOE and attendees alike) to have an extra day to spread events out. You could block out an hour where EVERYONE could go have lunch. More than one SOE employee I know had to have food brought to them due to not being able to leave their "duty station" (my word, not theirs.)

Sutures_Woundmender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:22 AM   #28
Biliob

The Quiet Type

Dont worry Fromage, she was avoiding me too. This would have been the first time in 10yrs we acually met, and nothing. Didnt even try..... ROFL I posted notes on the bull. board and everything.... Nothing....

Biliob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #29
Fromage

Forum Champion

Biliob wrote:

Dont worry Fromage, she was avoiding me too. This would have been the first time in 10yrs we acually met, and nothing. Didnt even try..... ROFL I posted notes on the bull. board and everything.... Nothing....

I was very easy to find though. I was either sitting at a poker table or asking the folks from hearing impaired convention for directions.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #30
Dyfast

The Quiet Type

After the last Chicago FF there was some rumbling about the labor laws and such and SOE didnt really like it as I recall from talking with Sony folks at the next FF.

And I vote Vegas Baby

Dyfast is offline   Reply With Quote