EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > General Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
Brildean

Loremaster

think you guys can work on a no fly zone for around contested mobs. kidna like in wl with the flying dragon makes it to where you can't  fly.

right now flying mounts are being used to cause zone disruption and huge amount of zone lag.

Brildean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

Seems like cloaks, glowy combat and follow pets, racial and class illusions that have particle effects, and so much more would be causing more lag than basic flying mounts.  Perhaps partical effects need to be disabled rather than the ability to fly over quest mobs that you do not need to fight?  It's the land rush that is the problem, not that we are flying around there.

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
Brildean

Loremaster

40 flying moutns flapping is far more spell lag and frame lag than the lil fireworks.. and sparklies.. pulling sullon with 20 people on flying mount was 6 seconds spell lag.. moved away from flying people dropped to 1 second.

I understand its contested.. but developers should set it to minimize any type of lag a competing guild can cause.. since we raid with dignity we won't drop to there level.. but i expect the devs to find a fix for this.  So eq2 can have a fair game contested.. not who wants to break eula rules.

Or they can have hide all mounts hide everyones mounts not just who's in your raid. 

Old 11-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

But we can already hide all mounts including flying mounts now.  So that would solve half the problem for your group, just select "never show" in the mount area.  And when your raid members are fighting that rare contested mob, you will not see your mounts.  If another guild decides to grief your guild by coming out en masse to slow your frame rate down, that is something that should be handled by a GM.

To cripple all players in an overland zone where a raid level name wanders by not allowing flying mounts would be totally wrong. 

I might be misunderstanding you however.  To me it sounds like you are saying that flying mounts should not be allowed  where that chimera wanders around in Stonebrunt Highlands for example.  And that it should not be allowed in Enchanted Lands because that nightblood spawns there sometimes.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #5
Seiffil
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Grievance

Loremaster

redwoodtreesprite wrote:

But we can already hide all mounts including flying mounts now.  So that would solve half the problem for your group, just select "never show" in the mount area.  And when your raid members are fighting that rare contested mob, you will not see your mounts.  If another guild decides to grief your guild by coming out en masse to slow your frame rate down, that is something that should be handled by a GM.

To cripple all players in an overland zone where a raid level name wanders by not allowing flying mounts would be totally wrong. 

I might be misunderstanding you however.  To me it sounds like you are saying that flying mounts should not be allowed  where that chimera wanders around in Stonebrunt Highlands for example.  And that it should not be allowed in Enchanted Lands because that nightblood spawns there sometimes.

That doesn't work, there's a catch on the hidden mounts, it won't show the mounts unless they are flying.  These are players in the area who aren't engaged in combat and are flying, so there is nothing that can be done to prevent the flying mounts from being visible.

Seiffil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:32 AM   #6
Ghalon
Server: Befallen
Guild: Infamous

Loremaster

Brildean wrote:

40 flying moutns flapping is far more spell lag and frame lag than the lil fireworks.. and sparklies.. pulling sullon with 20 people on flying mount was 6 seconds spell lag.. moved away from flying people dropped to 1 second.

I understand its contested.. but developers should set it to minimize any type of lag a competing guild can cause.. since we raid with dignity we won't drop to there level.. but i expect the devs to find a fix for this.  So eq2 can have a fair game contested.. not who wants to break eula rules.

Or they can have hide all mounts hide everyones mounts not just who's in your raid. 

Can you point me to the line of the EULA that was violated?

Old 11-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
Wonsokman
Server: Guk
Guild: Ne Plus Ultra

Loremaster

redwoodtreesprite wrote:

welcome to contested mobs this has been going on and with far worse things since they put in contested mobs the fact that your in here complaining people were on flying mounts away from your raid is lol.

Wonsokman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #8
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

redwoodtreesprite wrote:

That doesn't work, there's a catch on the hidden mounts, it won't show the mounts unless they are flying.  These are players in the area who aren't engaged in combat and are flying, so there is nothing that can be done to prevent the flying mounts from being visible.

Yeah, I was referring to the ones fighting the mob.  You can't fly when in combat, so the mounts of the group fighting would not show to the group members if the option to not show was selected.

[email protected] wrote:

redwoodtreesprite wrote:

welcome to contested mobs this has been going on and with far worse things since they put in contested mobs the fact that your in here complaining people were on flying mounts away from your raid is lol.

LOL, I am not the OP, and am not the complainer.  SMILEY

Old 11-12-2012, 02:41 AM   #9
Wonsokman
Server: Guk
Guild: Ne Plus Ultra

Loremaster

miss quote my bad half the fourm didnt load for me idk i could have swore i clicked the right one

Wonsokman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:56 AM   #10
Brildean

Loremaster

1. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area. Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to:
  •  Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.
  •  Deliberately locking groups of NPCs and then breaking the encounter to prevent access to content.
  • Refusing to cooperate with the other parties at a contested spawn site after having been instructed to do so by an EQII CSR.
  • Making excessive and inappropriate use of public channels of communications (/shout, /ooc, etc.).
  •  Intentionally causing excessive zone latency (abusing spell effects, etc.).
  • Causing intentional experience loss to other players (deliberately impeding fleeing players by blocking their escape route, intentionally training NPCs on other players, etc.).

NVm was under the eq2 rules of conduct.eula states you must follow these rules of conducts.. Its easier to fix this internally for mobs and zones than to have to file a petition and reporting.  i'm not sure what the issue would be to cause a curse that makes it to where you can't cast portals, fireworks, or use flying mounts in the air within 200m of a contested named. Plus they could limit this to not effect npc flying mounts. so it causes very little inconveniance. Plus this may save some money in the long run on soe's part.. and companys like to save money with out having to have extra csr/gms available.  And if more things become a zone hinderance they can add so they can't be cast or available.. while said contested is up or being pulled.

They already have a dragon in wl that causes you to drop out of the sky.. with a debuff it puts on you.  I mean it may be fun for the masses to play at 6 to 10 second spell lag....

Old 11-12-2012, 03:46 AM   #11
Landiin

Loremaster

It don't bother me, turn down your graphics if it can't handle it.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #12
Caileigh
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

OP apparently has never killed contested before. Lag sucks. Suck it up and deal with it, has been that way since day one.

Caileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
Brildean

Loremaster

To funny,  so a day one issue no one wants to see fixed.. nvm sorry for bringing this up..