EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #31
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

So basically, all someone has to do is setup a website selling items with conversion rates, and they can kill this off?

Interesting...

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #32
Hateeternal

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

...  So long as those trades are private so there is no market mechanism for the currency trade, these issues aren't there. ...

Maybe not the issues you mentioned which refer to conversion rates and market value as far as I understand it,

but the issue of obvious fraud which is clearly forbidden and easy retracable is still there and SOE doesn't seem to care.

SOE Schedule:

8:00: see what isn't broken yet and break it

10:00: ban players complaining about it on the board

11:00: implement stuff noone wants, that breaks other stuff

-repeat-
Hateeternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #33
BadLuck

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

So basically, all someone has to do is setup a website selling items with conversion rates, and they can kill this off?

Interesting...

No it wouldnt be that easy. If someone sets up a website selling items with a hard conversion rate set, SOE will likely involve their legal team and treat it as a "3rd party site" which is what they dont like.

BadLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #34
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Interesting...

they will never kill it off, to do that they would have to stop maing SC cards.  they  make way to much money off of them to kill it off.

if anything they would only put a feeble attempt into policing it, but even that would be impossible .

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #35
entrailsgalore2

Loremaster

Hateeternal wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

...  So long as those trades are private so there is no market mechanism for the currency trade, these issues aren't there. ...

Maybe not the issues you mentioned which refer to conversion rates and market value as far as I understand it,

but the issue of obvious fraud which is clearly forbidden and easy retracable is still there and SOE doesn't seem to care.

Fraud is something that happens inside and outside of game. I have been dubed myself out of 2k SC, but so what it was $15 bucks, I have a job and can afford $15 bucks. Now I only go to the same 1 or 2 people if I need plat and they need SC, we have a symbiotic relationship! I have enough plat to last all my characters until they reach maybe level 80 or so. Anyways, just be cautious and you'll be alright. If you get burned don't blame SOE, blame yourself. A gamble isn't the house's responsibility, it is the players.

entrailsgalore2 is offline   Reply With Quote