EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Guardian
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
Zural

Loremaster

In order to be fair and keep game balance in place, shouldnt we offer up putting a cap on our stone skins of lets say 40% of health.  This will help to put the guardian survivability in line with the rest of the fighter classes who can no longer heal themselves for anything more than 10 - 15% of max health.

I am sorry for the rant but we should stay balanced dont you think Atan?

Zural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Landiin

Loremaster

Trolling trolling trolling... Zural is a trolling... Nope I don't think so. Not at all. Sniff sniff, I smell a troll...

Look Mom its a QQing Pally trolling...

Old 08-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Zural

Loremaster

I apologize for the post, the forum moderator is welcome to delete, my frustration is with SoE and the lack of appropriate content in which the guardian community has shined in previous expansions, not the guardian community

Old 08-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
Evette23

Loremaster

Horrible idea. Zerkers, paladins, and shadowknights are already better than guardians. How would nerfing guardians bring balance closer?

Evette23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:55 PM   #5
Obadiah

Loremaster

Zural wrote:

In order to be fair and keep game balance in place, shouldnt we offer up putting a cap on our stone skins of lets say 40% of health.  This will help to put the guardian survivability in line with the rest of the fighter classes who can no longer heal themselves for anything more than 10 - 15% of max health.

I am sorry for the rant but we should stay balanced dont you think Atan?

It's a horrible idea. So they will probably do it. Makes about as much sense as anything else they did in GU57. Maybe it can be part of the special GU57.1 for Guardians only.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:01 AM   #6
Zural

Loremaster

Toranx,

I was being sarcastic with my post here pointing out the lack of content for the guarding to thrive in.  but as to the trolling, pls dont be a hypocrit, you posted this on the pally forums:

Message edited by Landiin on 08/08/2010 13:43:16. "

"Good job man! Now just to get the same data from the other tanks geared at your level so you have compare data. So you can prove losing heal crit will make you less survivable.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:39 AM   #7
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

I noticed negligible difference on my pally.  Absolutely NO difference to solo quests.  When solo farming in the Hole I had to pull slightly less groups to avoid interuptions but I still RARELY had to heal any way.  My passive pally wards and damage reduction as well as superior block and great AOE damage still melted the mobs down.  As my pally is alot less geared than my guardian the pally still hands down performs better in the same heroic content in 2/3 less gear and CA upgrades. 

I was not in favor of the fighter crit heal mechanic change.  I believe there remains far more important issues to be fixed: this GU was a waste of time.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:36 AM   #8
Landiin

Loremaster

Zural wrote:

Toranx,

I was being sarcastic with my post here pointing out the lack of content for the guarding to thrive in.  but as to the trolling, pls dont be a hypocrit, you posted this on the pally forums:

Message edited by Landiin on 08/08/2010 13:43:16. "

"Good job man! Now just to get the same data from the other tanks geared at your level so you have compare data. So you can prove losing heal crit will make you less survivable.

I never trolled all I did was state what needed to be done in order to revers the DEV's thinking. Boil did all the work for you slackers that just QQ all over the place. To bad none else in the Pally community would help out with data collection. So keep on QQing for all I care. If there was less QQing and more comparison data put forth maybe this so called nerf would of hit as hard. 

After all the raids where done tonight, guess what? Pallys where in no worse shape then they was yesterday. So the sky didn't fall, yall can still heal and you are still the premier MT. So kindly shut the F up sir.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #9
Landiin

Loremaster

Now They are QQing about not being able to heal their group! I thought their healing was to make up for an imaginary deference in survivability, isn't that what their whole don't nerf our heal crit was based on? Guess I was wrong, its there to heal their group to full.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
Jeal
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equilibrium

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Now They are QQing about not being able to heal their group! I thought their healing was to make up for an imaginary deference in survivability, isn't that what their whole don't nerf our heal crit was based on? Guess I was wrong, its there to heal their group to full.

my god dude... so many things come to mind when reading your posts.. and not one of them is intelligence or reading comprehension

Jeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #11
Rasttan

Loremaster

• This was a PVP/BG issue they decided to fix with a lame nerf, that should have never happened. Any well geared toon can and does solo most the lower level zones every expansion this is nothing new, this shock people are showing cracks me up as this crap has been going on for 4 years.

You want to solo those zones just equip 3-4 stonewill, 3-4 lifetap items and toss some runes of mending on a backup set of weapons, go defensive and any guard will solo this stuff, no one needs to cast a heal when Sony's items heal you non stop and you take no damage, and yes even through uncurable effects that do % base health you do not have to use a heal. You can get this gear from BG and the Broker you dont even have to run a zone.

The nerf is pathetic, this nerf basically means all classes not doing there primary function should have crit ability taken away from them. Healers should never crit nuke or melee, Mages gear should never crit heal and they should never crit melee, Scouts ...etc.

It was a knee jerk reaction to there fked up BG where over geared players are to powerful.

They consolidated stats which allowed EVERY class to CRIT in every action, except for fighters now

This does not FIX other tank classes desirability in groups/raids thats what needs to happen.

Rasttan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #12
Landiin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

my god dude... so many things come to mind when reading your posts.. and not one of them is intelligence or reading comprehension

QQ more? Pallys are still ok and in good shape.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #13
Rhita
Guild: Shoukin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

• This was a PVP/BG issue they decided to fix with a lame nerf, that should have never happened. Any well geared toon can and does solo most the lower level zones every expansion this is nothing new, this shock people are showing cracks me up as this crap has been going on for 4 years.

You want to solo those zones just equip 3-4 stonewill, 3-4 lifetap items and toss some runes of mending on a backup set of weapons, go defensive and any guard will solo this stuff, no one needs to cast a heal when Sony's items heal you non stop and you take no damage, and yes even through uncurable effects that do % base health you do not have to use a heal. You can get this gear from BG and the Broker you dont even have to run a zone.

The nerf is pathetic, this nerf basically means all classes not doing there primary function should have crit ability taken away from them. Healers should never crit nuke or melee, Mages gear should never crit heal and they should never crit melee, Scouts ...etc.

It was a knee jerk reaction to there fked up BG where over geared players are to powerful.

They consolidated stats which allowed EVERY class to CRIT in every action, except for fighters now

This does not FIX other tank classes desirability in groups/raids thats what needs to happen.

Hes right, i can solo most of the heroic stuff, but its a long and boring process. Nerfing another tank class is never a good idea cuz it usually hurts the raid as a whole. SoE just needs to balance the classes. Brig guardians up rather than bringing everyone else down. While I am against tanks parsing as high as T1 dps. The damage is already done by SoE so should just bring the rest to an equal level rather than nerfing.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #14
Landiin

Loremaster

Oh I agree, I don't and didn't want to see any one nerfed. However this nerf did not hurt Pallys as bad as they are trying it make it sound.