EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Swashbuckler
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
Sim

I am a 26 swashbuckler, I have a full trade link set (AQ armor), all my jewelry is agility based. With my app 4 street smarts I have 2558 AC 442 attack rating, dual wield steel stilleto's, 1153 hp, 899 mp, 68 str, 95 agility, and 47 stamina. Defense 133/133The spells I frequently use areHann's Foil Storm adept 2 (chance to hit 3 times for between 69-116)Bludgeon in an HO combo app 3undercut app 2gouge adept 1fancay footwork app 4 for extra parry (133/133 without buff)I had swindlers luck before I started the encounter(133/133 in piercing before buff)Flamboant swathe app1Circular strike app1and I had poison onMy style is to use all the attack spells with as little down time as possible. If I attack a blue con solo mob I am rolling the dice on whether I live or die. I was in the pirates hidden treasure instance and the intoxicated ogre killed me once, no big deal I missed a lot with my spells bad luck. I just skip him from now one. Then I have to run for my life when I attack the three at the end and I only got one of them to red and another to orange from my aoe's. I had to run for my life on that one. I hid and used unfriendly reminder on the intoxicated ogre, but I wasnt able to on the group of three at the end.By the way each person in teh group of 3 is vv so that is a solo mob. I am using the detailed npc evaluation.Am I unlucky? Do I suck? What is wrong with this?

Simyr's Photoshop Gallery
Sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:19 PM   #2
ownzj

I think i had trouble soloing anything at that level...But now at level 34 i can easily solo yellows. So hang in there =p

Message Edited by ownzj00 on 03-05-2005 12:37 AM

50 Alchemist
ownzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:50 PM   #3
Silvo

The high 20's sucked when I tried to solo. The about 28 or 29ish everything got easy again. It runs in cycles with gear upgrades.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:05 AM   #4
Erasm

General

Simyr wrote:
I am a 26 swashbuckler, I have a full trade link set (AQ armor), all my jewelry is agility based. With my app 4 street smarts I have 2558 AC 442 attack rating, dual wield steel stilleto's, 1153 hp, 899 mp, 68 str, 95 agility, and 47 stamina. Defense 133/133

The spells I frequently use are
Hann's Foil Storm adept 2 (chance to hit 3 times for between 69-116)
Bludgeon in an HO combo app 3
undercut app 2
gouge adept 1
fancay footwork app 4 for extra parry (133/133 without buff)
I had swindlers luck before I started the encounter(133/133 in piercing before buff)
Flamboant swathe app1
Circular strike app1
and I had poison on

My style is to use all the attack spells with as little down time as possible. If I attack a blue con solo mob I am rolling the dice on whether I live or die. I was in the pirates hidden treasure instance and the intoxicated ogre killed me once, no big deal I missed a lot with my spells bad luck. I just skip him from now one. Then I have to run for my life when I attack the three at the end and I only got one of them to red and another to orange from my aoe's. I had to run for my life on that one.

I hid and used unfriendly reminder on the intoxicated ogre, but I wasnt able to on the group of three at the end.

By the way each person in teh group of 3 is vv so that is a solo mob. I am using the detailed npc evaluation.

Am I unlucky? Do I suck? What is wrong with this?

Undercut is one of the staples of our solo dmg ( and group dmg too, just not to the same extent). You may want to get the app4 or adept 1. Im not really seeing you using any other really nice dmg abilities in there ( other than hannas). Use your bow skills, use your back stabs and positionals. you have stun and mez to get into posistion for them. Use smugglers talent + shanghai. You may have better luck if you used your better abilities.

Message Edited by Erasmus on 03-03-2005 12:06 PM

Erasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #5
Thelah

For some reason, the wolves in Everfrost are very tough for me at 43, almost as tough as a yellow ice fright, or some such.
Thelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 04:14 AM   #6
Manwo

General

Yeah thats a tough level.....I found I had to "kite" alot of stuff before engaging 'em with my bow......hit em with yur multi-ranged shot and let the poison tick.....I always "ensnared em" after hitting em and got them down to yellow then took them down. When I hit 30 or so I could solo yellows without doing that.

The ranged attacks worked good and I solo'd yellows comfortably from 24-30 when playing solo. I'm not sure why we are gimpy at your level but alot of us noticed it.
Manwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:47 AM   #7
Sim

Thanks for the feedback, I am glad it gets better. One last question though to those who said it was rough for them at level 26 too. When you were 26 was it before or after the agility nerf?

Simyr's Photoshop Gallery
Sim is offline   Reply With Quote